MarkKol

United States kinda sucks

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I had high hopes for the US given all the movies I watched as a kid, turns out it’s a pretty sucky place now that I’m here. Why would so many people want to live here? It’s full of bums, unhinged weirdos causing ruckus (not talking about all Americans, or Americans in general, some of them are foreigners), It’s super expensive and filthy, there’s so much police and police activity that it makes the air denser to breathe, New york in particular is such an obnoxious place, people are super unhelpful and on edge, I thought this shit was supposed to be Europe-certified walkable, you can’t even walk from the airport to the city, the women are beautiful sure but most of them are not even American, they’re European and Asian.

I would imagine London to be the same if not worse because of all the rain fall, you can’t comfortably use your phone on the street because 3000 phones are stolen everyday. You need to grip your phone or hold it like a dick head because your country sucks. Luckily the brits have some quality countries right next door while the Americans have more shit countries around them.

The US is just focused on bringing as much Mexicans, Chinese, and Indians to enjoy this dysfunctional shit show with them.

These 1st world countries are like triple AAA video games, full of crap, while small indie countries have much better living conditions.

The more I live the more I realize that my mother in all her godly ignorance was right about a lot of things.

The fact that I wasn’t comfortable wearing my watch around these people is proof these are failed societies. Andrew Tate is right.

Don’t get me started on Texas and Western America, the reason yall are so fat is because your government doesn’t know how to make a side walk, I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.

Edited by MarkKol

The average monthly income in Luxembourg ls 5000-6000k euros a month, the average salary in the United States is the concrete floor.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, MarkKol said:

These 1st world countries are like triple AAA video games, full of crap, while small indie countries have much better living conditions.

The USA is like Dark Souls, it's not for newbies, but if you know how to play hardcore, it's thrilling :D

And Western Europe is like Stardew Valley.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

I would imagine London to be the same if not worse

Nah. You can walk from one end of London to other with your phone in hand and not see a single police person or get mugged. It does rain plenty though. Come visit, we'll only mug you for cash, a sandwich and a coffee? £10 sir.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The USA is like Dark Souls, it's not for newbies, but if you know how to play hardcore, it's thrilling :D

Meh. Western Europe may be a good environment if you just want to coast through life, but it’s much harder to climb to the top here, because of ridiculous taxation, business laws and the ubiquitous ressentiment towards anyone trying to „make it“ (while no one seems capable to put forward a good analysis and critique of power, which is much more centralized, hereditary and entrenched in the elites than in the U.S.).

Theres this trend in fashion called „stealth wealth“ (https://medium.com/@aprajitasingh.lmp/recession-core-old-money-aesthetic-quiet-luxury-and-stealth-wealth-an-explanation-for-all-the-aa6cd12b25da), which is the perfect allegory for the European elite. In the U.S., power is much easier to spot and thus to subvert or join.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

30 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Meh. Western Europe may be a good environment if you just want to coast through life, but it’s much harder to climb to the top here, because of ridiculous taxation, business laws and the ubiquitous ressentiment towards anyone trying to „make it“ (while no one seems capable to put forward a good analysis and critique of power, which is much more centralized, hereditary and entrenched in the elites than in the U.S.).

Theres this trend in fashion called „stealth wealth“ (https://medium.com/@aprajitasingh.lmp/recession-core-old-money-aesthetic-quiet-luxury-and-stealth-wealth-an-explanation-for-all-the-aa6cd12b25da), which is the perfect allegory for the European elite. In the U.S., power is much easier to spot and thus to subvert or join.

Doubt this is even true. Zwitserland has more millionaires per capita than USA. The top 10 is 5 European countries. 

https://247wallst.com/special-report/2024/01/19/countries-with-the-most-millionaires-per-capita/

Posted (edited)

@Butters

9EA987BA-507D-43B2-853E-3E2BF7AE5D03.png

I’m quite confident that if you conducted some regression analysis on which of those new billionaires have inherited their wealth or have significant financial backing from their families, it would be even more obvious.

Switzerland is a bad example, since it is a tax oasis, and I bet that a significant portion of those people you mentioned are actually foreigners.

Also, being a millionaire is laughable. I have many self-made millionaire friends and they barely manage to sustain their upper-middle-class lifestyle.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

There are broken car parts on the sidewalk, which already looks like It’s been chewed up by a dinosaur, the lawns look like they’ve been sprayed with growth hormone instead of cut, also who the fuck tints their front back and side windows

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Nilsi said:

@Butters

9EA987BA-507D-43B2-853E-3E2BF7AE5D03.png

Also, being a millionaire is laughable. I have many self-made millionaire friends and they barely manage to sustain their upper-middle-class lifestyle.

Well yeah, live below your means if you're  smart about it.

Besides, putting a kid through college, medical cost and insure in way higher in the US. 

Why work 80 hour weeks to barely make it being upper middle class in USA when you can work less and be happy in Europe, while still enjoy relative luxuries and wealth. 

Generally we also have good Healthcare and social systems to support those in needs, although populist government ruined some of it here in NL. 

Note: I'm being argumentative for the sake or argument here, not to be taken too seriously. 

Edited by Butters

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

can you elaborate? im curious.

4 minutes ago, Pox said:

can you elaborate? im curious.

Playing USA as impoverished minority sucks. Western Europe is easy no matter what because of the social systems in place. Of course it's way more nuanced but a funny compassion. 

@MarkKol

Where were you living back then?

It's still on my list of countries to live in in the future.

I’m American and left 8 years ago when I got a remote job. I now live in Latin America (Mexico 6 months/ Brazil 6 months) 

it’s so much better 

life is so much more chill and I don’t stress. I’ll admit I’ve taken full advantage of the power of the dollar and coming from a first world country. 

I rarely worry about money and spend most of my time in nature meditating. 

The Latina women are much better too easy sexier and more fun and warm. Leo might say I’m just mooching or in a “less developed place” but it’s Significantly better than the US 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

7 hours ago, Nemra said:

Where were you living back then?

It's still on my list of countries to live in in the future.

Y’know I changed my mind, I was In a bad neighborhood in Jersey, NYC is actually pretty good, especially for dating.

But I don’t see myself growing old and having kids here.

I’m still in NYC, I’m glad I didn’t leave.

I didn’t even book a room, I shower in the city for cheap and sleep at the airport every night 😝 Sometimes I see a girl, approach her and we have 3AM airport conversations.

On 18/05/2024 at 5:31 AM, Leo Gura said:

Can you elaborate on this

20 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Can you elaborate on this

I am not going to explain a joke.

If you don't get it, it's fine.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Y’know I changed my mind, I was In a bad neighborhood in Jersey, NYC is actually pretty good, especially for dating.

Lol thats pretty funny. America is so huge that its hard to generalize.

New Jersey does suck, so this would be like me living in a shitty town in Serbia for a month and then proclaiming that all of Europe sucks.

Places like NYC, Miami, Dallas, Austin, Tampa, Atlanta, Scottsdale, LA, Denver, etc are USA at its best

Edited by Phil King

34 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Places like NYC, Miami, Dallas, Austin, Tampa, Atlanta, Scottsdale, LA, Denver, etc are USA at its best

Vegas ;)

It's so cool, my State being mentioned on the forum. Yes, Jersey sucks, but i've gotten used to it. Great tomatoes, though, and blueberries.

Know thyself....

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Vegas ;)

Lived there for 2yrs. Was there when the Wynn opened, same day.

Know thyself....