Carl-Richard

Conflating knowledge with intelligence

109 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I dare you to find a single human on the internet who can produce as intelligent a policial conversation as I had and posted with Claude.

Run the test.

Are we talking about a test where the human in question can study the things that you will ask about beforehand and can use google at the time when you ask your questions?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

Are we talking about a test where the human in question can study the things that you will ask about beforehand and can use google at the time when you ask your questions?

Even if that is allowed, the answers will still not be as intelligent.

But if you gotta google what Spiral Dynamics is and how communism works, then that's a serious lack. Part of AI's genius is that it instantly understands all the nuanced and obscure terms and concepts I throw at it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, zurew said:

Regarding  generating new perspectives - could the AI that you used generate different perspectives while maintining the same set of facts? So lets say there are 10 facts and you want to explain those 10 facts using  4 different perspectives. Can the AI do that in a way where it includes all the 10 facts in each of those 4 perspectives? (so you have set X that stands for 10 facts. Perspective 1 includes set X , Perspective 2 includes set X etc, the only thing that differentiates the perspectives is the explanation)

Probably. I haven't tested it so rigorously.

Test it yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Part of AI's genius is that it instantly understands all the nuanced and obscure terms and concepts I throw at it.

That could counterintuitively mean that it is lacking semantic nuance.

Maybe given the words that you used in the context that you used them in , maybe it can be interpreted in 5 different ways and immediately jumping in with one of those interpretation without asking for further clarification could mean different things.

So for example it could mean 1) that it consciously choose the right or most likely one between all the possible interpretations or 2) it could mean that it just wasn't aware of any other possible interpretation because it couldn't see how much semantic nuance is there.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, and I even suggested one such test. My NYC street test.

I dare you to find a single human on the internet who can produce as intelligent a policial conversation as I had and posted with Claude.

Run the test.

Absolutely.

For all people here in disbelief look at the discussion about my recent Hitler thread about if he was conservative or not:

There AI was of great help. It gave the best answer from all of us discussing this.

AIs power is still from most people underestimated. I ask me if people don't like things which are more intelligent than them. Must hurt their ego. They don't want to see.

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

@zurew are u an INFP

Last time I checked , If I remember correctly, I think I was.

Why?

Edit: no, last time (2 years ago) I got INFJ-T on the test)

Edited by zurew

31 minutes ago, zurew said:

Last time I checked , If I remember correctly, I think I was.

Why?

Edit: no, last time (2 years ago) I got INFJ-T on the test)

we had some discussion in the past and i felt you are an INXX

Posted (edited)

On 5/23/2024 at 4:25 AM, zurew said:

I meant actually infinite memory, so knowing all the possible chess games that can be played and within those all the possible moves that can be played.

The reason why I brought that up, because it seems to me that both of these individuals would have the exact same amount of chance to win - a person with infinite memory going against a person who has infinite intelligence  (of course we are talking in the context of chess)

@zurew thats extremely interesting.  And an excellent insight.   You would think that if you had Infinite memory then you could recall some previous game that was the same as yours and thus know the next move. But this fails to encompass the full capacity of infinity - which is ever expanding into something new.  Therefore even if you had Infinite memory - this would only allow you to look into the past.  And of course this isn't quite right because you could also say infinite memory would include anything new as well because of the fact that infinity is a big circle.  Thus you would think it would encompass everything.  But even then, still, It would not include something even new beyond -  that Infinity is surely capable of.   If you think of Ininfity as a fractal, it is ever expanding.  So there would still be something possibly new that would be the present game.  So Infinite memory would just be one set of Infinity.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.