Buck Edwards

Foundations

53 posts in this topic

Meaning of the 33 names of Linga bhairavi by Sadhguru. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

Jai Bhairavi Devi Gurubhyo Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Swayambho Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Swadharini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Maha Kalyani Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Mahā Bhadrani Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Maheshwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Nageshwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Vishweshwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Someshwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Dukhasamharini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Hiranya Garbhini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Amrita Varshini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Bhakta Rakshini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Saubhagya Dayini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Sarva Janani Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Garbha Dayini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Shoonya Vasini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Maha Nandini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Vameshwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Karma Palini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Yonishwari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Linga Roopini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Shyama Sundari Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Trinetrini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Sarva Mangali Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Maha Yogini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Klesha Nashini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Ugra Roopini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Divya Kamini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Kala Roopini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Trishoola Dharini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Yaksha Kamini Namah Shri

Jai Bhairavi Devi Mukti Dayini Namah Shri

Aum Maha Devi Linga Bhairavi Namah Shri

Aum Shri Shambhavi Linga Bhairavi Namah Shri

Aum Maha Shakti Linga Bhairavi Namah Shri

Namah Shri Namah Shri Devi Namah Shri

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

The 33 names

Gurubhyo
 Swayambho 
 Swadharini 
Maha Kalyani
Maha Bhadrani
Maheshwari 
 Nageshwari 
Vishweshwari 
Someshwari 
Dukhasamharini
Hiranya Garbhini 
 Amrita Varshini 
Bhakta Rakshini  
Saubhagya Dayini 

Sarva Janani  

Garbha Dayini 
 Shoonya Vasini 
Maha Nandini 
 Vameshwari 
Karma Palini 
Yonishwari 
Linga Roopini 
 Shyama Sundari  

Trinetrini 
Sarva Mangali 
Maha Yogini 
 Klesha Nashini 
 Ugra Roopini 
 Divya Kamini 
 Kala Roopini 
 Trishoola Dharini  
Yaksha Kamini 
 Mukti Dayini 
Aum Mahā Devi Linga Bhairavi 
Aum Shri Shambhavi Linga Bhairavi 
Maha Shakti Linga Bhairavi  

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

Meaning of the 33 names

The 33 names refer to 33 qualities of the Devi. 

Gurubhyo

8Dp3B42w5Ch9.jpg?o=1

Gurubhyo - the first name in this series, talks about Devi as the all-encompassing one - the Guru. In the Yogic culture, the Guru-Disciple relationship is the most sacred one. Disciples yearn to mirror their Guru in every aspect. Guru is the guide, the teacher, the light in the darkness, and the ultimate lover.

2nd name 

Swayambho or Swayambhu

70KHu5j.jpeg

This means self-existing -the one that has originated from itself.Devi is extolled as the one who is "self-manifested", the one with no parentage, and who is 'self-created". She is the destroyer of the past,
offering the possibility to sweep away karmic bondage.

3rd name 

Swadharini

ARhGsMR.jpeg

One of Devi's supreme qualities is that she is "self focussed". The Sanskrit word Dharini comes from Dharana, meaning "concentration" or "steady focus."
In yoga, when you practice Dharana, you are "binding" the mind to one place, idea, or object. Dharana is the initial step of deep concentration meditation.

4th  name 

Maha Kalyani 

hAlpUcw.jpeg

Mahakalyani' In this form, Bhairavi is revered as Kalyani the one who brings well-being, prosperity and good fortune. Across Indian culture, parents name their child as Kalyan or Kalyani with this sacred attribute,meaning auspicious, blissful and fortunate. This name is not only lovely but also profound.

5th name 

Mahabhadrani Or Maha bhadrani

WrtCGWf.jpeg

This name means that Devi is the fierce protector. The benevolent mother Bhairavi is always besides her devotees. Enveloping all in
her abundant grace, Devi is the protector of all life forms on earth.

6th  name 

Maheshwari

hH5TxKJ.jpeg

The name Maheshwari is the compilation of two words 'Maha' and 'lshwari' - refers to Devi's quality as a Great Goddess. 'Maha' means great while 'Ishwari' is a term used to refer to the Divine counterpart of Ishwar' or the Lord of the Universe. Ishwari is the female ruler, considered as the 'mistress of the Entire Universe'.
Maheshwari  also refers to 'Shakti. Or the feminine energy of three main dimensions that are unified within the form of Linga Bhairavi, Durga-Lakshmi-Saraswati. She is the exposer of consciousness and remainder of Divine that resides in all life around us.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

7th name 

Nāgeshwari

oZYlaZ6.jpeg

- Nageshwari. Nageshwari refers to snakes. Snakes are revered and worshipped as sacred creatures throughout Indian culture. They are the symbol of fertility, creative life force, perception, and mystical dimensions. They also symbolize rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing by shedding their skin.
At Linga Bhairavi, the divine energy of Devi can be felt through the symbolic Divine sarpas carved in Her abode. They are adorned and filled
with kumkum or valmeekam as a part of the ritual that enhances regenerative qualities and
perception.

8th name 

Vishweshwari

8q0cHHF.jpeg

Vishweshwari - 'All
pervading' or 'omnipresent'. Vishweshwari is a salutation used to address Linga Bhairavi, whose
presence is exceptionally powerful and all-encompassing.As Vishveshwari, she is regarded as the queen and ruler of all existence, protecting and nurturing the entire universe like a Divine Mother.
As a manifestation of the Divine Feminine, she is incredibly fierce yet equally benevolent and kind towards her devotees.

9th name 

Someshwari

YvAwItn.jpeg

One of the 33 qualities of Devi Linga Bhairavi is that she is Someshwari. Someshwari refers to the moon. The Goddess of the moon or the one who is intoxicated with bliss. Cycle of Moon and cycles in woman body are closely connected. 

10th name 

Dukhasamharini

MIORXts.jpeg

Devi Bhairavi is a destroyer of suffering. Dukha means suffering and samharam means the destroyer. Suffering comes in various forms for various people, Devi's compassionate energies eliminate suffering in an instant or gradually, according to what's best for the people. Not only for living beings, but she offers ease and peaceful transition for our departed ones as well. As the past is also a kind of suffering, She frees people from their past as well.

11th name

Hiranya Garbhini 

esssV8x.jpeg

Hiranya Garbhini is the salutation to Devi
Bhairavi as the very source of creation of the universe. It basically translates to a 'golden womb.' Devi is seen as the one who delivers existence itself. She is ever pregnant with the essence of life.
This sacred space is as vast as the universe itself. In much of Bharat's culture and modern
vernacular languages, pregnant women are still referred to as Garbhini, a term that kindles tenderness and signifies the divine within them. Garbhini is also one who nurtures life to its full
potential and then engulfs it back to make it a part of herself again. The word is not just limited to human beings. It refers to all life forms that are pregnant, thus a reminder that Her presence
exists in every life.

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

12th name 

Amrita Varshini 

N769ZnP.jpeg

It's a name given to Devi, which means "the one who showers Amritam".

Amritam represents a liquid which is the pinnacle of sweetness and pleasantness and is also considered to be the elixir of immortality.

Varshini is term used to describe the 'goddess of the rains'. Devi is believed to shower an abundance of Amritam on her devotees, if they are open and receptive to receiving it.

13th name 

Bhakta Rakshini  

un2Kfc4.jpeg

Bhakta Rakshini - the fierce goddess known for the unwavering protection of Her devotees. She is revered as the ultimate mother and guardian of the five fundamental elements of nature and the entire cosmos.Bhairavi devotees can experience her protective nature through consecrated forms such as The Bhairavi Raksha or a Devi Yantra. Additionally,physical contact with a consecrated form of Devi can create a protective cocoon around the devotee.

14th name 

Saubhagya Dayini

3czz7ls.jpeg

The name means - The Bestower of Good Fortune.Devi is the one who grants prosperity, happiness,and success, not just in material aspects but also in terms of life and its fulfillment. With Devi Bhairavi's Grace, good luck is
showered on her devotees, blessing them
success beyond their own capabilities and efforts. She is the ultimate Giver of all that is essential for one's growth and blossoming from various walks of life.

15th name 

Sarva Janani  

pYQrK2a.jpeg

Sarva Janani is the name of Devi that
personifies her as a mother of all. Sarva means all and Janani means one who gives Janma or birth. So Devi is the one to breed, nourish and
sustain life, not just of human beings but of the entire Earth.
As a mother is tender, nourishing, and fiercely protective, Janani also pertains to all women and denotes the feminine nature to the closest.

16th name 

Garbha Dayini 

LeeZ9O0.jpeg

The name means bestower of the womb. 'Garbha' refers to womb. 'Dayini' means the bestower. As Devi is the ultimate mother of all life here, she is also the one to bestow this gift of motherhood.She is the womb where existence happens, a space where all creation is. So, she is also the one who provides the power to procreate in all life forms.

17th name 

Shoonya Vasini 

RCCa8KY.jpeg

This name means the one who dwells in shoonya or emptiness. Out of all the words that we can use to describe shoonya - the origin, infinity, emptiness, void, vacuum, nothingness - Shoonya is the vast nothingness from which the creation was born. In Sanskrit, shoonya implies empty space or void. In mathematics also, shoonya denotes zero, the ultimate number that has no value of iits own but can add value to any other number. As creation happens in the lap of this vast
limitless void, Devi dwells in shoonya. In this very source of all creation, She opens it up as a possibility for all.

18th name 

Maha Nandini 

COp9sGK.jpeg

This name is the praise to Devi as one who is a great giver of joy, pleasantness, and happiness. 'Nand' means delight/ joy. Literally, nandinī means a woman who brings joy. It also specifically refers to a daughter, as a daughter brings joy to the family. In the Hindu religion, Goddess Parvati is often addressed by this name as Nandini refers to one of the eight eternal companions (Ashtanayika)of Goddess Parvati.

19th name 

Vameshwari

66Z7q5M.jpeg

Vama means the left side, and Ishwari means The Goddess. Goddess Parvati is referred to as Vameshwari because she sits on the left side of Shiva, she indicates that the left side of the human body is feminine. Even today, in our culture married women are made to sit on the left of their husbands.Vama also means occult or path of tantra. As Vameshwari, Devi is also the basis of all occult and tantra

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

20th name

Karma Palini 

BRTa0wM.jpeg

Goddess Bhairavi is the ruler of karma, which is the basis of everything that you are today. Devï's grace can dissolve ones karma and hasten their spiritual growth.

21st name 

Yonishwari - 

PX2JexT.jpeg

This name describes Devi as the womb of the,whole creation. Yoni' in Sanskrit is a word for the womb of all mobile and immobile beings.Yoni is also the female counterpart of the Linga. Linga is penis and scrotum. And Yoni is the Vagina. 
As the genesis of the whole material world, she is the space and source where the creation resides. And as the Goddess of all wombs, she is the bestower of the power to procreate and produce.

22nd name 

Linga Roopini 

rGpe9Yp.jpeg

Roopini means form and this name means her original Linga Bhairavi form in which all her attributes are unified into one. Her original self. 

23rd name 

Shyama Sundari

dXNut5w.jpeg

The name means a dark skinned beauty. 

Devi is a dark skinned beauty. 

24th name 

Trinetrini

yREJnYW.jpeg

Devi has three eyes. These eyes exude compassion, fierceness and intensity. They represent sun, moon and earth. 

25th name 

Sarva Mangali 

QenxFtv.jpeg

She brings prosperity and abundance to all. This is one of her great qualities or virtues. 

26th name 

Maha Yogini 

t1CFKX3.jpeg

She is the greatest practitioner of yoga and tantra and has the ability to bestow spiritual knowledge on her devotees.

27th name

Klesha Nashini 

2B2hG0e.jpeg

One of her great qualities is that she can remove impurities that hinder the growth and evolution of her devotees. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

28th name 

Ugra Roopini 

yHKIFoX.jpeg

In her most terrifying form she exudes power, intensity, at the same time extreme compassion and protection.

29th name 

Divya Kamini 

Q9rkzCy.jpeg

She is the divine lover. Kamini refers to enticer or lover. 

30th name 

Kala Roopini 

EwAxGWW.jpeg

She is the maker and destroyer of time. She takes care of birth and death. 

31st name

Trishoola Dharini  

j0bmmoT.jpeg

Tri means three. Shool means a spear. The name means someone who holds a spear. 

32nd name 

Yaksha Kamini 

JsOb6Qo.jpeg

Kamini is lover or enticer. Yakshas are celestial beings not of this planet. Devi is the enticer of shiva. 

33rd name 

Mukti Dayini 

yTdh6M5.jpeg

Devi is the one who will empty you of yourself. She will liberate you, she is the liberator. 

Compilation created with the help of sources across the web. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

In my Devi meditation sitting I gathered the following insights -

• My body is a vessel of the soul 
  • The body is only an external identity to live this life. This external identity has no real meaning. 
  • Devi helps to ground me. This grounding is important. It's the base vibration of the soul. 
  • We want to prevent and even escape suffering. 
  • When we ground ourselves, we only attract those situations and forces that are healing to the life force resided in the soul
  • The way we react is important. The grounding exercise helps us to be more resilient where we can enjoy happiness and experience less discontent and we experience massive fortitude in bad circumstances that helps us to not be bogged down by the ups and downs of life. 
  • Basically practicing Devi helps cultivate mental spiritual fortitude and resilience. 
  • There's an automatic inner state of peace and calm while grounding with Devi. 
  • You begin to experience true bliss 
  • You only attract healing vibes and situations and things that help your inner state of being thrive 

Posted (edited)

Cultivating Devi practice through Archala Arpanam as Sadhguru notes has helped me open up in different ways.

I have been doing this since past 3 days now and i have felt peace, protection and calm. 

I call this 'grounding.'

Edited by Buck Edwards

Now I understand what Sadhguru meant when he said we need to be empty in order for Devi to do her work. He said we are full of ourselves. He was right about it. If you're full of yourself, how could you let anything in? 

You have to empty yourself for it to work. 

Just grounding with Devi. Letting her inspire and ground my soul. 

I especially liked this particular Jai Bhairavi Devi Stuti to bring Devi into me. It resonates with my soul. I feel the words and their meanings. This is the original basic Linga Bhairavi Devi stuti by Sadhguru. It really invokes me. So powerful. 

Posted (edited)

May 20. Entry. 

I feel like I'm going through a long existential crisis and there's nothing to guide me. Fear takes over me. 

I'm currently working a small job that is barely enough to cover my expenses. I think my worries are a bit financial and i don't wish to admit that I'm close to broke. I don't know. It doesn't matter. Money shouldn't matter anyway. I always wanted to pursue spirituality. In an uncertain world I don't know what my future will look like. These words naturally flow from me. 

jWjoCvig61xl.gif?o=1

n5zfHXvvCGvt.gif?o=1

I want to make Linga Bhairavi meditation my morning ritual. It's calming and grounding. 

w0trimyyCc9z.gif?o=1

I have realized that any form of spirituality exists outside the realm of materialism. Quiet the mind. Quiet everything. In the Emptiness and stillness lies beautiful vibration. 

2d9iWxiMa4yB.gif?o=1

KA5H60NO9tE7.gif?o=1

1cnv2E1700lz.gif?o=1

Edited by Buck Edwards