Javfly33

Terence Malick movies while tripping is a cosmic deep experience of Consciousness

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I watched the Tree of Life about 10 years ago on acid and i still can remember vividly how profound that was.

Watched yesterday Knight of Cups, i was sober but felt it almost got me tripping. By some reason i got this intuition this guy is awake as fuck and this two movies he did are pure non duality in disguise. What a couple of masterpieces of movies. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

What did you like about Tree of Life? What was profound? Thanks :)

Never heard of Knight of Cups before. The scenes from the trailer look strikingly similar to Song to Song. Will put it on my watch list.

His movies sure hit differently than most others.

I watched Knight of Cups after seeing this, and… wow. Never have I seen a movie that was so clearly about awakening, yet without ever mentioning it directly. The whole movie is like a display of consciousness and all the forms it can take, all within a dream.

Knight of cups got bad reviews most likely because it is so experimental… and also because critics don’t get non duality. I’m even not sure whether Malick himself meant to make a movie about awakening, but it’s great.

I would highly recommend this movie!

On 18/05/2024 at 11:54 AM, Soul Flight said:

What did you like about Tree of Life? What was profound? Thanks :)

I found the acting was very very good. Apart from that, the photography/visual scenary is amazing

On 21/05/2024 at 11:35 PM, universe said:

Never heard of Knight of Cups before. The scenes from the trailer look strikingly similar to Song to Song. Will put it on my watch list.

His movies sure hit differently than most others.

Yes, both are pretty similar

13 hours ago, AtmanIsBrahman said:

I watched Knight of Cups after seeing this, and… wow. Never have I seen a movie that was so clearly about awakening, yet without ever mentioning it directly. The whole movie is like a display of consciousness and all the forms it can take, all within a dream.

Knight of cups got bad reviews most likely because it is so experimental… and also because critics don’t get non duality. I’m even not sure whether Malick himself meant to make a movie about awakening, but it’s great.

I would highly recommend this movie!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

23 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I found the acting was very very good. Apart from that, the photography/visual scenary is amazing

Yes, both are pretty similar

Glad you enjoyed it!

For me, nothing was better than fight club. Because movie was about pretty much me. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."