Ramanujan

why cant i be a winner

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i am a loser. i got into the self improvment train 10 years ago to be a winner in life. sad to say i am still a loser. age 27 with no degree and no job. sad part is i am in a 3rd world country and as soon as my mom dies , i am fucked .

why is self help not working for me . why . i got mastery by george leonard installed into my brain . that is my OS. the way i live life and see life . the way i breathe .  should i change that .  should i change that book to something else. should i change mastery by george leonard into think and grow rich ? OR some other book.

Edited by Ramanujan

Because you do a "why can't I be a winner" topic instead of actually having something to offer. 

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

What skills have you been developing?

What stuff have you tried?

It does not take 10 years to start seeing success. So it sounds like you're not taking much action.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What skills have you been developing?

What stuff have you tried?

It does not take 10 years to start seeing success. So it sounds like you're not taking much action.

i tried to find my life's task and mission and purpose . took me 10 years to find it. i have been trying to find that one thing i was meant to do and it took 10 years.

and there is one problem . i live in India. and in  india  every have masters and bachelors and competition is cut throat thanks to over population

passion and purpose and lifes task is not meant for someone living in 3rd world country . i lived a lifestyle only someone from 1st work is allowed to take. i live off my parents money .

i am fascinated with computers . that is where my fascination is .  games > other things. i need to be a web developer or a game developer if possible. but i am 27 . in India people have bachelors and masters by this age. i am ashamed to go out of the house . its very shameful . the way the systems work here is different.

the only way to do well in life here is to do well in school and college

but fortunately there is correspondence and open universities out there. need to get a bachelors degree before mom and dies and better get to web development and if possible , be a game developer . i heard the game development industry is pretty toxic .

i should have never tried to find my passion and purpose

Edited by Ramanujan

@Ramanujan looks like you're suffereing from not being focused enough. Ask yourself specifically "what do I want to win at?" (then go do it). None of us are winners or losers in generality. We're much more nuanced than that as humans and you're doing yourself a disservice by calling yourself a loser. You don't win at mastery, it's always an ongoing process of improvement.

57% paranoid

2 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

but i am 27 . in India people have bachelors and masters by this age

A master degree only takes 5 years, by the time you are 32 years old you can have a degree. Still very young yet. Also don't compare yourself to others Some people go back to school when they are 40. so why do you care about what age other people are. 

you need to change your beliefs. you instantly label yourself a loser which is a lie. that is where the root of your issue is that needs to be addressed.

Posted (edited)

@Ramanujan

Have you thought about getting an internship?

Is that also difficult in India?

I'm working with Indian folk who might have started as interns.

Edited by Nemra

@Ramanujan I'm sorta in a similar boat. It's going back to what Leo said. It's likely you're not taking nearly enough action as you should be, just as I have not been.

A month ago, I started reading this book called "relentless", by Tim Grover. He was the mental coach for Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant and many others. Those 2 athletes are considered some of the greatest athletes of all time, with unbelievable discipline, ambition and hard-work. So yeah I encourage you to listen to that audiobook every day and live by that. For some time maybe drop any other philosophy because it usually tends to counteract a truly ambitious philosophy. 

Commit to being an ambitious person.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura literally my problem is not being able to focus on my purpose. 

Lack of motivation, vision, or even clarity on what is my next step. 

Currently I'm picking away at redoing the life purpose course exercises as I did then 5 years ago now. 

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@Ramanujan Why do you need to work at a big company to become a web/game developer? If you want to make games can't you make one in the next few months and put it on the Internet for people to buy? 

<3

@Ramanujan Do a swot analysis of your talents, interests, strengths and weaknesses, and choose a career based on your strengths and interests. In this way you will enjoy the work you do and will tend to excel in it. 

If you cannot afford a degree, try to get a short course with a certificate or diploma , and then develop your skills in it through self-education and associating with experts in the field. 

If you cannot get the job you enjoy doing, get other jobs that can provide the money to pursue learning opportunities in your chosen field and thereby build your career.

Your namesake, the famous Indian mathematician Ramanujan, who is considered to be on the same league as Euler and Jacobi by modern mathematicians, had no formal training in mathematics and learnt much of what he knew from borrowed books and libraries, self-education and independent research. He got a job as a clerk mainly to finance his research and studies. 

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

17 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

i am fascinated with computers . that is where my fascination is .  games > other things. i need to be a web developer or a game developer if possible. but i am 27 . in India people have bachelors and masters by this age. i am ashamed to go out of the house .

I know for a fact this isn't true. I work in game dev right now. I have worked remotely with a guy from India. I never even asked for his level of education. The only thing that matters in game dev is your skills. If you have good skills and you have a portfolio of work, people will hire you. You can learn game dev skills online through courses and being self-taught. You don't have to go to school for that. But it does take time to develop this skills. You age isn't a problem either. But you do have to take a lot of action to build those skills and portfolio.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know for a fact this isn't true. I work in game dev right now. I have worked remotely with a guy from India. I never even asked for his level of education. The only thing that matters in game dev is your skills. If you have good skills and you have a portfolio of work, people will hire you. You can learn game dev skills online through courses and being self-taught. You don't have to go to school for that. But it does take time to develop this skills. You age isn't a problem either. But you do have to take a lot of action to build those skills and portfolio.

@Leo Gurawhat´s your game about? im into them

@Ramanujan I work as a software developer in Germany. Let me tell you that 27 is pretty young. If you can have a bachelor degree in computer science/programming until 35 you made it. We have a lot of Indian programmers remotely, but also if you want to work here that's also possible. But you need a degree here.

Your Englisch is already good. So why not start being a programmer?

29 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Ramanujan I work as a software developer in Germany. Let me tell you that 27 is pretty young. If you can have a bachelor degree in computer science/programming until 35 you made it. We have a lot of Indian programmers remotely, but also if you want to work here that's also possible. But you need a degree here.

Your Englisch is already good. So why not start being a programmer?

Is 35 a special age in game dev?

Posted (edited)

@Ramanujan I know it’s tough in India. The job market for youngsters is very competitive. A lot of broken promises by Modi

Firstly don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s harder in India than where I live so I am fortunate about that. This does not mean you can’t get anywhere. 

One good thing about India is that it has spiritual traditions. Personal development should also involve the spiritual dimension so go deeper into that. 

When you are being spiritual get into that spacious awareness. Go deep into that and provided you give yourself time to connect without forcing anything insights will come. It is in this spaciousness that new ideas and actions will enter your thoughts to hopefully guide you

I can’t provide the practical advice on game/software development though but others here can mention that to do alongside  

Edited by Chadders

Posted (edited)

@Ramanujan 

If money is a problem, I can tell you how to get access to some learning platforms for free.

The lifestyles in different countries are different. In less developed ones, they are more harsh. So, you have to be extra careful.

Edited by Nemra

20 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

passion and purpose and lifes task is not meant for someone living in 3rd world country . i lived a lifestyle only someone from 1st work is allowed to take. i live off my parents money .

This is not an excuse. India's famous rocket scientist A.P.J.Abdul Kalam started working at ten delivering newspapers to augment his family income and to pay for his school fees.  He realized his dream of becoming a rocket engineer and later became the Indian president. 

Dada Lekhraj, founder of the spiritual institution of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris, started working at eight as an orphan selling wheat to households, and later as a apprentice in the jewellery industry. He later became one of the richest men in India as a jewellery entrepreneur. 

A young Indian porter used the wifi at the railway station to learn his online lessons from a cellphone and tablet and later cleared the civil services exam recently after a couple of attempts and got a job in the government services.

Napoleon Bonaparte in his childhood and youth led a poverty-stricken life , eating only once a day to save money and spend most of his time in the library and was a diligent student. He considered poverty , privation and want as the school of the good soldier. 

You seems to have had a good lifestyle because of affluent parents, and could have lost drive and focus in the process. It is important to fix tangible goals and self-motivate yourself to achieve them.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

Posted (edited)

Most game dev work these days can be done remotely. Everyone who works for me works remotely. And their education is irrelevent. I hire people based off their portfolio of work. I don't even know the education of my current lead programmer, because it just doesn't matter as long has he does decent work at a decent price.

@Ramanujan If you want to get into game dev, you gotta hit it hard, take serious action on building your skills and portfolio of work. That's basically it. The only question is will you actually do it?

Edited by Leo Gura