Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

I'm constantly getting colds and flus

4 posts in this topic

I keep getting mildly sick. I got COVID19 back in Feb 2022. It was followed by a very strong flu. Since then I get a mild flu every other month or so. I will get a mild fever. My head is bald and I get colds very easily. Please, what сan I do about this? Before this I used to get sick maybe once every other year. Now it seems like I'm sick multiple times a year. I am thinking of getting a blood test and seeing what it shows. 

Posted (edited)

Hey, 

There are many reasons why it could be so. It could be a compromised immune system in general or a prior infection (e.g. COVID) that has taken hold of you. It might also come down to your lifestyle, diet or living environment. Sometimes, immune system is also weakened by a challenging life circumstances. 

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things to look into  

• long-COVID - a possible and somewhat likely explanation given it was the trigger
  • low iron - significant contributor to weak immune system 
  • low vit D / zinc / selenium / protein / hypocaloric diet/
  • low antioxidant status (e.g. glutathione, vit E, selenium etc) or even antioxidant depletion if your body was, for example, struggling to produce sufficient glutathione because your levels of proline, glycine and other amino acids was low during a period of high stress or while experimenting with restrictive diets, fasting etc - this is a speculation without testing. 
  • chronic stress, burnout, redundancy any situation that requires you to "burn the candle from both ends" 
  • living with someone who is often sick 
  • living in a "sick building" - mould contamination, loud noises, poor air quality, poor water quality (old piping, high chlorine levels) 
  • thyroid - anything and everything could be anchored in thyroid hormone imbalance 
  • insufficient sleep quality / length 
  • insufficient or excessive physical activity 
  • temperature at your home - too cold / too hot 
  • some form of low-grade allergic response - pet, food item, environmental 
  • undergoing a major life transition (career, housing, childcare, caring for an elderly, bereavement) 

If I was to guess based on the little info I would write you a referral and sent you off to get your full iron panel, vitamin D and thyroid assessed. Then I would ask you to make sure you are eating enough and that your diet is covering all your essential micro and macro nutrients. You can easily track a few days in Cronometer and see what's missing. I'd also critically assess your - exercise routine, sleep and stress levels. 

Once those are all checked and good, move down the list 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Thanks so much 🙏

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Hey, 

There are many reasons why it could be so. It could be a compromised immune system in general or a prior infection (e.g. COVID) that has taken hold of you. It might also come down to your lifestyle, diet or living environment. Sometimes, immune system is also weakened by a challenging life circumstances. 

Here is a non-exhaustive list of things to look into  

• long-COVID - a possible and somewhat likely explanation given it was the trigger
  • low iron - significant contributor to weak immune system 
  • low vit D / zinc / selenium / protein / hypocaloric diet/
  • low antioxidant status (e.g. glutathione, vit E, selenium etc) or even antioxidant depletion if your body was, for example, struggling to produce sufficient glutathione because your levels of proline, glycine and other amino acids was low during a period of high stress or while experimenting with restrictive diets, fasting etc - this is a speculation without testing. 
  • chronic stress, burnout, redundancy any situation that requires you to "burn the candle from both ends" 
  • living with someone who is often sick 
  • living in a "sick building" - mould contamination, loud noises, poor air quality, poor water quality (old piping, high chlorine levels) 
  • thyroid - anything and everything could be anchored in thyroid hormone imbalance 
  • insufficient sleep quality / length 
  • insufficient or excessive physical activity 
  • temperature at your home - too cold / too hot 
  • some form of low-grade allergic response - pet, food item, environmental 
  • undergoing a major life transition (career, housing, childcare, caring for an elderly, bereavement) 

If I was to guess based on the little info I would write you a referral and sent you off to get your full iron panel, vitamin D and thyroid assessed. Then I would ask you to make sure you are eating enough and that your diet is covering all your essential micro and macro nutrients. You can easily track a few days in Cronometer and see what's missing. I'd also critically assess your - exercise routine, sleep and stress levels. 

Once those are all checked and good, move down the list 

When I was young, I had colds all the time to the point of having great difficulty breathing and astronomical amounts of mucus.
I also had a headache very often.

Everything stopped by drastically improving my diet and especially physical activity.

The devil is in the details.