r0ckyreed

Does Anybody Else Do Investing With Vanguard?

9 posts in this topic

I just opened a Roth IRA with Vanguard and just invested $4000 into the VTSAX. Does anybody else use Vanguard and invest in stocks and index funds?

It is important to start investing early and do long-term investing in index funds and leave your money in the market and do a dollar-cost averaging.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Yup I do. I dump it all into the S and P index they have there

I do index investing, but live in Europe, so the story is slightly diffrent. I invest some of my money in the MSCI world, and some in JPGL.de. I think factor based investing is really interesting. And would highly recommend looking into it, if you want a more nuanced picture of index investing.

Cool! Do you all invest through a Roth IRA or through a brokerage money market account?

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Vanguard is a classic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, woohoo123 said:

Yup I do. I dump it all into the S and P index they have there

FXAIX or which one? The S & P indexes are dope and easy way to invest without having to do a ton of research

I am new into investing and I will see how it goes with Vanguard. I read the book the simple path to wealth by Jl Collins 

I use fidelity.

The finance bro's tell me fidelity and vanguard are solid

No, but have been considering starting a regular fund with Heargreaves Lansdown in UK. 

Would love a book recommendation for a newbie if any of you guys have any

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus