Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Claude 3 Opus Message Limit Reached

12 posts in this topic

Does anybody else get the annoying message limit reach when using Claude 3 Opus? I find it annoying that I have to resort to using a lower level bot like Sonnet when I have reached the message limit. That is like having a wonderful date with a pretty girl to then having some random girl interrupt and sabotage the date.

I even paid for the $20/month membership to be able to use Claude 3 Opus, so I do not understand why I have message limits.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

I reckon limits are in place so that AI doesn’t evolve too quickly 

I've never seen any message limits for the paid version.

How long are your messages and how many?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've never seen any message limits for the paid version.

How long are your messages and how many?

Not long at all. I got them a lot on the free version as well. But when I got the paid version $20/month, I would get messages like “you have 7 more messages left on Opus until 11:00pm.” And then it would move to Sonnet. So, I can still use Claude, but Opus has its limits.

Next time it happens I will try to post a screenshot.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed Are you sure you're logged in? Doesn't sound right. I have never run into any limits on paid.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I’ve ran into limits myself on very long conversations. Here is the official answer:

https://support.anthropic.com/en/articles/8325612-does-claude-pro-have-any-usage-limits

Glad I’m not the only one.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@r0ckyreed Are you sure you're logged in? Doesn't sound right. I have never run into any limits on paid.

Yup! I am completely logged in. And I don’t see how I could use Opus without being logged in. It seems like they do have message limits even on the paid version.

whats the difference between this and chatgpt?

Yes in messages where Claude has to analyze a lot of data at once the message limit can be reached rather quickly. I import my journals for Claude to analyze which contains more than 100,000 words, this is pretty heavy so I can only do so much before the message limit is reached.

I heard that you can extend the limit by starting multiple threads rather than using a single long thread if you can.

This is because for every new message Claude goes through the entire conversation and that consumes extra tokens. So if you are changing topic it's better to start a new thread.

On 5/16/2024 at 6:05 AM, The Renaissance Man said:

I heard that you can extend the limit by starting multiple threads rather than using a single long thread if you can.

This is because for every new message Claude goes through the entire conversation and that consumes extra tokens. So if you are changing topic it's better to start a new thread.

Good to know. Thanks.