Leo Gura

New Video Out

99 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura You seems more mature, humble and grounded. Breaks are important for sure. 

Dropping the turquoise liquid, ehhh?

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

I thought the new video was phenomenal. However, at the end of the video when you asked the question "what is the ultimate trap in life?", I don't think you had to actually answer the question. Posing the question was enough to get my mind interested and I started immediately wondering what it could be. I think it would've been better if you had just ended the episode there without actually giving the answer, especially because giving the answer adds no value to the viewer, imo. It's a more effective strategy to promote curiosity and wonder, don't you think?

That's a good point. That might have been more powerful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Archie said:

I thought the new video was phenomenal. However, at the end of the video when you asked the question "what is the ultimate trap in life?", I don't think you had to actually answer the question. Posing the question was enough to get my mind interested and I started immediately wondering what it could be; it was a profound question that I had never thought of. I think it would've been better if you had just ended the episode there without actually giving the answer, especially because giving the answer adds no value to the viewer imo. It's a more effective strategy to promote curiosity and wonder, don't you think?

I came up with the answer before Leo gave it. The answer I came up with wasn't "self" but rather the matrix, which is basically self-deception itself - the ego/mind/devil.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

The wisdom being shared here is gold. E.g. non-judgment of others, echo chambers, the idea of arriving, more.

I would be interested to hear you elaborate on what you mentioned about Spiral Dynamics. Thank you.

Oh, and I'm trying to imagine what your high-quality content would be like if you used AI from the start.

Welcome back to the YT game Leo!  Listened allthe way thru at 1.5x and picked up some gems & great reminders along the way. You have always been one of the very highest signal to noise ratios in YT so it’s great to see you doing well & creating, we missed you!! 

Holding any critiques (if I even have any atm) and looking forward for directions you go in this iteration  

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm glad you gave us your answer on that one though. 

Anyway, loved the video, glad you're back! Feels great. 

@Leo Gura is negative self talk a trap . I have found that during suffering when I become concious or live in present and do positive self talk it improves my mood .

1 hour ago, Rishabh R said:

is negative self talk a trap

Of course

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

Can positive self talk ever be a trap? So far it has only helped me. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

4 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

It can be if you bullshit yourself with fantasies.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

I wasted years of my youth " letting go " of my negative emotions about my sh*tty life instead of taking action. One of the many spiritual traps.

this-is-fine.jpg

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

Seems to me, in this realm it’s just traps on traps on traps?

Just finer and finer granulations of them disguised as “tests, lessons, objectives” until all meets at that one infinite light we are so fond of. 

I wonder if anything past that 

Edited by mindfulstepz

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, mindfulstepz said:

Seems to me, in this realm it’s just traps on traps on traps?

Hold this lens lightly.

There is much more to life than traps.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

I wasted years of my youth " letting go " of my negative emotions about my sh*tty life instead of taking action. One of the many spiritual traps.

this-is-fine.jpg

I see. I can understand how false positivity can cause inaction. That makes sense. I'm wondering how to balance positive and negative self talk or positive and negative visualization because both seem to help in different ways, only the timing needs to be perfect. 

This book is a good book about the lenses people should be using to navigate life:

https://www.amazon.com/King-Warrior-Magician-Lover-Rediscovering/dp/0062506064#:~:text=Moore and Gillette clearly define,)%2C and the lover (the

Being conscious of traps is the domain of the magician archetype. You should be able to recognize traps and be able to set your own traps. 
But there is more to life than just that lens. The primordial archetype is to love which comes from the lover archetype.  And being able to set boundaries to that love is the warrior archetype. The author says we should use all lenses.

In my opinion reality is just a love / conscious trap. If you are not careful your conscious will be caught in low quality business and you will waste your divine spark with petty things. Not getting caught is 1 thing “, cultivating that spark is a whole different thing. At the end of the day we are just a glorian spark of consciousness in infinite space-time. 

Posted (edited)

@Buck Edwards Discernment, seeing what something is beyond bias and personal interpretation.

Direct consciousness, recognising the nature of something, tacit insight.

Truth should be above negative and positive. That is the big picture I'm sure you are aware of, but it's true that the correct balancing act in the way you talk to yourself is hard to strike. Self-Love is my rule of thumb for self-talk, love can be both harsh and soft

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 hour ago, Davino said:

@Buck Edwards Discernment, seeing what something is beyond bias and personal interpretation.

Direct consciousness, recognising the nature of something, tacit insight.

Truth should be above negative and positive. That is the big picture I'm sure you are aware of, but it's true that the correct balancing act in the way you talk to yourself is hard to strike. Self-Love is my rule of thumb for self-talk, love can be both harsh and soft

Wholeheartedly. 

On 14/05/2024 at 8:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

I love that you gave the answer, it was more powerful for me that way, especially in the way it was delivered. But I guess it is very subjective.

Thank you for the video. I realize that the biggest trap I fall into is that I avoid doing things and making decisions as I am extremely scared of doing the wrong thing. That fear is so deeply ingrained into my psychology that I don't know at this point if I ever will be able to completely release it. It also depletes me from my vital energy as I am in a constant state of hesitation and doubt, which worsen the trap I'm into, as the lack of energy makes decision making even more difficult.

If I'm not mistaken… it will be a life long journey to get out of that trap.

Two other major traps I fall into is the lack of self-love and the lack of self-esteem. A very deep lack of these two make the fact of simply existing very painful. But those are also very hard to transform and I'm still unsure whether I'll be able to one day.

It's a terrific mixture.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hold this lens lightly.

There is much more to life than traps.

Even if not, very thankful to play in the art in all of This!   (I guess a huge part of this just comes up to terminology also -  “traps” Can be very well be synonymous with “necessary steps away from foolishness  & towards actualized love”)

personally (for whatever that is worth :)) you’ve been instrumental on the path and looking forward to where your creativity and universal mind leads us

Edited by mindfulstepz