Leo Gura

Forum Is Back Online

125 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Azure and AWS do not provide fully managed solutions. You need a technical team to make proper use of such services.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Azure and AWS do not provide fully managed solutions.

You're loved. Thank you. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura yes they do! You can actually manage the entire virtual machine if you want that.. but yeah you can just get a better provider and be OK too..doesn't have to be them.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura yes they do! You can actually manage the entire virtual machine if you want that.. but yeah you can just get a better provider and be OK too..doesn't have to be them.

It's not just about the virtual machine, you need people who know how to install and manage a full LAMP stack, and are available 24/7 to help with technical problems.

I rented a new dedicated server in a good data center with good tech support. We will migrate to it soon.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I rented a new dedicated server in a good data center with good tech support. We will migrate to it soon.

Hopefully no server crashes this year. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

Site downtime has little to do with actual server hardward malfunction. It's usually settings issues, connections issues, DDOS attacks, or the server just needing a reboot.

Database corruption is actually our most common source of downtime, and Azure or Amazon is not gonna fix that for you.

Edited by Leo Gura

Thank you 

Posted (edited)

I missed you all.

To @Leo Gura : I think we would have all appreciated if you made some announcement maybe max 3 days after silence? To at least know you are safe and sound.

But deeply grateful for the forum that you provide and for the community. Had taken it all for granted.

Love you all 🤍

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

17 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

I missed you all.

To @Leo Gura : I think we would have all appreciated if you made some announcement maybe max 3 days after silence? To at least know you are safe and sound.

Love you all 🤍

The forum was only down about a week. It wasn't like there was a bomb threat in Las Vegas and everybody there were in quarantine or a massive tornado hit or earthquake. He did leave a message on the forum in the midst of all this saying don't post because there was a problem etc. Love you too.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The forum was only down about a week. It wasn't like there was a bomb threat in Las Vegas and everybody there were in quarantine or a massive tornado hit or earthquake. He did leave a message on the forum in the midst of all this saying don't post because there was a problem etc. Love you too.

Well, first of all, I have been on the forum for 3 years actively and I dont think it has ever been down more than 24h at once so 3 days is very unusual behaviour.

Second of all, he did the announcement maybe on the 5th day?

Finally, if you go read newest comments on his most recent video and ig post, you see many people really worried.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Miguel1 said:

Well, first of all, I have been on the forum for 3 years actively and I dont think it has ever been down more than 24h at once so 3 days is very unusual behaviour.

Finally, if you go read newest comments on his most recent video and ig post, you see many people really worried.

Yes, sir. I understand. Hope you didn't worry that pretty little head of yours too much. Nice to be back. I read them all. No worries. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

The silver lining is that this was prob one of the best "bonding experiences" you could have for an online forum.

I think I would "know" if something bad happened.. it didn't feel that way so I wasn't too alarmed overall.. but on the other hand if something bad did happen and your forum was down on top of that there're not many ways to get in touch with everyone again. So hopefully for the people (besides Leo) you like to reach out some point you've asked for a back up contact info, that would be my suggestion.. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

We're back in business baby 👽 

1 hour ago, Miguel1 said:

There wasn't really a good place for me to make the announcement. The blog and my email server were also all down.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There wasn't really a good place for me to make the announcement. The blog and my email server were also all down.

I think the YouTube Community post would have reached lots of your followers and probably most of us here on the forum, and the life purpose course users (only people who matter to see the announcement). Unless you didn’t want to break the complete silence on YouTube for whatever reason.

Your Instagram story post / feed post could have reached lots of your true fans (dont think many follows u on Instagram unless they are true fans).

Cuz if a small percentage would have known, they would have at least spread the news in the comments where lots of people were worried.

——

I am sorry if I was intrusive to your personal life but I actually hit up one of your wingmen in their ig dms to ask if they know that you are all good.

I’m personally going through and griefing a big loss in my life right now and losing you as well as most likely my biggest role model, influence, mentor, guide and North Star for the most recent years and many foreseeable to come… would have been devastating.

Sorry if I sound too dramatic. As an ENFJ, I am a deeply emotional being.

—-

I promise I am not worshipping you or making you my guru, nor are you my only source of information. But let’s be real here. Your whole job is to take the best of everything and integrate them into a holistic, conscious, integrous understanding. And you are one of the most conscious people in the world, so.

Ultimately, I just need you to kick my ass and call me out on my bullshits a bit longer :P

…As a fellow traveler, a fellow friend on this human journey to God. 

Thank You 🤍

Edited by Miguel1

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura glad to hear it.  Migrate to the cloud buddy 

I mean i don´t think he has the servers in his kitchen right? hahah

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@Leo Gura

Sometimes, after logging in, I need to refresh the page to be logged in. Sometimes, when I go back and forth through pages, the page appears as if I have logged out.

This was happening before the migration.

50 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Leo Gura

Sometimes, after logging in, I need to refresh the page to be logged in. Sometimes, when I go back and forth through pages, the page appears as if I have logged out.

That's just a quirk of this forum software. It can be finnicky to remember your login cookie.

2 hours ago, Miguel1 said:

and losing you as well as 

I'm not just gonna shut down the site without telling you.

Don't worry, if you lose me you will read about in the news:

"Cult Leader Eaten Alive By Crocodiles On Vacation In Florida"

50 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Leo Gura

Yeah, this would happen on occasion before to me too; still is. Moving from sub forum to sub forum it would kick me out if I didn't keep hitting the "back button" to get to the main page. 

Know thyself....