James Swartz

What's the quickest way to enlightenment?

45 posts in this topic

Discriminate between the two basic existential categories, which are (1) a conscious subject, which cannot be objectified, and (2) "the field," which is the objects, i.e. experiences that present themselves to the conscious subject.

The conscious subject is always present and doesn't change, whereas the "field" is in a state of constant flux.

Discriminating the subject from the field is "enlightenment," which is to say freeing the subject from its apparent attachment to the objects in the field...thoughts, feelings, people, desires, specific circumstances, etc.

Do you agree?

39 minutes ago, James Swartz said:

Discriminate between the two basic existential categories, which are (1) a conscious subject, which cannot be objectified, and (2) "the field," which is the objects, i.e. experiences that present themselves to the conscious subject.

The conscious subject is always present and doesn't change, whereas the "field" is in a state of constant flux.

Discriminating the subject from the field is "enlightenment," which is to say freeing the subject from its apparent attachment to the objects in the field...thoughts, feelings, people, desires, specific circumstances, etc.

Do you agree?

Yes.. Entanglement with situations and ppl, places and things is a real problem, once You identify with something you are not, then your anti Enlightenment, once that is dealt with, You have a Cosmic Identity, then Enlightenment is there...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Is that true or not? That's the key question to ask oneself. It seems to me you're referring to a distinction within awareness that may be useful to make but this is made by you. In any case, I'd say that no matter what answers or system of belief we come up with in this regard, whether true or not, in the end they won't be the direct consciousness we're after. External sources can point out a new possibility, inspire, or encourage you; however, when it comes down to it, the reality is that you must stand on your own consciousness of the matter, otherwise it remains hearsay, an idea adopted by you.

Not to be pedant, but by holding the matter as subject to process, you're looking into the relative, and these are out of the picture when it comes to the absolute. So, quick is too indirect. The only way isn't a way and it is direct; it is you grasping your nature now. As Dogen put it––if not now, when? This is what it boils down to. The best you can do is contemplating--being at the bus stop when the bus arrives.

Edited by UnbornTao

Some say Kriya Yoga is the quickest way to Enlightenment, others say Devotion is the quickest way, Devotion nowadays is almost impossible for the people on this planet, they are too addicted to their Intellects and Questions requiring Answers followed by more questions, Devotee's are not like this, Devotion is the path of being Devoid of Self, completely Selfless.

Kriya is the path of Inner Actions and Energy systems, if one is disciplined and Intelligent enough Kriya will work wonders, but those two things are rare nowadays:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Let go of your phony self and ego first and then connect with the divine self. 

Watch this -

Edited by Buck Edwards

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

The quickest way to enlightenment is contemplating LOVE

@James Swartz I think you understand but your subject line is the issue. The quickest implies time. The true student must not be in a hurry or rush or competitive. There is no time. We are already enlightened. I think I’m preaching to the choir.

Probably 5 meo up your asshole

you are what the objects become when it appears that the objects are how you identify them

when you are separated from the purpose for which objects are identifiable you disappear too (you were made towards that precise purpose)

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Quickest way: Realize that enlightenment is already the case, right here, right now.

Second quickest way: Discard the quickest way (as outlined above) as a bunch of silly Neo-Advaita nonsense and devise some deliciously tricky, difficult, long winded and challenging way to "get there".

Third quickest way: Don't give a crap about enlightenment and do a whoooooooole lot of stupid egoic shit until you become so intensely miserable that life itself eventually beats you into enlightenment, kicking and screaming.

---

Which of these three ways you prefer is really just a matter of taste. Different strokes for different folks!

Having a real awakening, in which you realize that you are the total depth that exists, and that this life is a mask that you wear, is not something that happens easily. People can say what they want, it is this, that the present, blah blah, they don't have the slightest idea of what they really are. The way to achieve it is with absolute honesty and with psychedelics, with 2 balls, without jokes, going to the bottom, completely disintegrating the mind again and again, until you are always at 1 mm to the breaking, then you open the reality often, and you start to live in the other side

Okay, here's the absolute fastest way to get to enlightenment: You really have to hate your human existence. Hate, hate, HATE it with a burning passion. Sit down and say "I hate being human and I want to get the f*** out of this goddamn shithole" at least two hundred times a day. Better yet, use psychedelics and/or transcendental yogic techniques to escape your awful mundane human life as often as possible. And be serious about it. No really, your ego has to be super fucking serious and dense and hard and rigid and completely, absolutely, desperately hell-bent on getting rid of itself. In short, stop being a pussy, be the John Rambo of enlightenment.

That'll do the trick.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Okay, here's the absolute fastest way to get to enlightenment: You really have to hate your human existence. Hate, hate, HATE it with a burning passion. Sit down and say "I hate being human and I want to get the f*** out of this goddamn shithole" at least two hundred times a day. Better yet, use psychedelics and/or transcendental yogic techniques to escape your awful mundane human life as often as possible. And be serious about it. No really, your ego has to be super fucking serious and dense and hard and rigid and completely, absolutely, desperately hell-bent on getting rid of itself. In short, stop being a pussy, be the John Rambo of enlightenment.

That'll do the trick.

Actually there is some merit to this, Hate along with Anger, and Love are very Intense states of emotion, anything that bring Intensity in Your Life can bring You to Enlightenment very quickly, the problem with Hate/Anger is that it is destructive in nature, to Your body and mind, it may kill You before You get to Enlightenment, Love on the other hand Enhances Your Nature, so that is the safer route, but with Love its never about the "Other" (person, place or thing), its about YOU and what is the quality of Your Experience within Yourself!

Enlightenment is just word to describe the Highest Possibility and Potential for a Human Being, one of the worst tragedies in the world is when someone does not live up to their potential, whether it is Spiritually or otherwise, and that is the tragedy of this World not many are living anywhere near their Potential in any area of their LIves!

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

That'll do the trick.

Yes , that works for the firsts breakings, without that it's very difficult, almost impossible I'd say. You really have to perceive the human existence as an horrible trap, an scam, and want to exit of it. Then, when you already broke the human many times you start to love the human, and then the real opening can happen 

On 11/05/2024 at 1:02 AM, Ishanga said:

Some say Kriya Yoga is the quickest way to Enlightenment, others say Devotion is the quickest way, Devotion nowadays is almost impossible for the people on this planet, they are too addicted to their Intellects and Questions requiring Answers followed by more questions, Devotee's are not like this, Devotion is the path of being Devoid of Self, completely Selfless.

Kriya is the path of Inner Actions and Energy systems, if one is disciplined and Intelligent enough Kriya will work wonders, but those two things are rare nowadays:)

Hi Ishanga,

yes, I agree, in Vedanta we talk about 5 stages of devotion:

Stage 5: The Fruit of Devotion – Non-duality  

The Knowledge of I am (Jnana Yoga) is Non-Dual Love  In this stage the devotee realizes that the manifested universe (Isvara) and the person (Jiva) enjoy the same identity, which destroys the relationship between the individual and the world.  You are me and I am you.  Everything is me.  I am love.       Enlightened devotees are free from mental and emotional events created by desire.  They have no desire for objects because they are full.  They can fulfill the desires of others because they are non-binding.  They are here to serve.  They are emotionally tolerant and do not disapprove of those who do not conform their values.  They are free of possessiveness because they understand that everything belongs to Isvara.  They are completely secure because they know there is no security in objects.  They are not fooled by Maya’s beauty, variety and novelty.  They are free from arrogance, pride, superiority, and competitiveness.   They get along with everyone and everyone gets along with them because they have fragrant compassionate personalities.  Everything they do contributes to life. 

20 hours ago, koops said:

Probably 5 meo up your asshole

They can help some people and hinder others. They were very beneficial for me but I know many for whom they are a curse. After two years I realized I was the all-seeing eye of consciousness and gave them up. But that didn't stop my seeking, although it lead to Vedanta, which did stop it.

On 11/05/2024 at 6:56 AM, Paul5480 said:

The quickest way to enlightenment is contemplating LOVE

Yes, non-dual love. As in my post "5 stages of devotion".

6 minutes ago, James Swartz said:

Hi Ishanga,

yes, I agree, in Vedanta we talk about 5 stages of devotion:

Stage 5: The Fruit of Devotion – Non-duality  

The Knowledge of I am (Jnana Yoga) is Non-Dual Love  In this stage the devotee realizes that the manifested universe (Isvara) and the person (Jiva) enjoy the same identity, which destroys the relationship between the individual and the world.  You are me and I am you.  Everything is me.  I am love.       Enlightened devotees are free from mental and emotional events created by desire.  They have no desire for objects because they are full.  They can fulfill the desires of others because they are non-binding.  They are here to serve.  They are emotionally tolerant and do not disapprove of those who do not conform their values.  They are free of possessiveness because they understand that everything belongs to Isvara.  They are completely secure because they know there is no security in objects.  They are not fooled by Maya’s beauty, variety and novelty.  They are free from arrogance, pride, superiority, and competitiveness.   They get along with everyone and everyone gets along with them because they have fragrant compassionate personalities.  Everything they do contributes to life. 

Yes completely agree, its a Sweet path of the Emotions and such attributes, I call it the path of Bliss, once You feel the Bliss that is inherent within all of Us, always there, then life Transforms, all suffering is gone and never to return, then there is no service just being natural, like when I cut my skin, it natural to take care of it, no service required, just naturalness flowering out in expression coming from the Bliss/Love within that is not dependent on anything or anyone, then Life potentials open up and real living begins, nice Sharing James... James

17 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

That'll do the trick.

Yes. There are many paths because there are many different people at different stages of understanding. It's all good. My post assumed a qualified person according to Shankara's definition: a discriminating, dispassionate person with a disciplined mind and a burning desire for liberation.