Ishanga

Daoism/Taoism/Chi Kung/Qi Gung..

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here's Adam Chan talking about Daoism/Taoism, and its methodology...

Adam is a top level Martial Artist out of Vancouver, he needs more exposure IMO, as a long time Martial Artist myself (30+yrs), teaching and practicing and been exposed to top level Martial Artist over the years, Adam is up there top 5 in the modern world, maybe #1 in my book when it comes to Martial Arts skill and ability to make the stuff work, this is due to his previous training, he used to train 40hrs a week, basically full time for over 20yrs.. My own Sifu did that too but for not as long, and he was very good as well.  

Due to that sort of training and effort, a few years ago Adam went thru some very serious Health issues, he went to 8 different doctors of sorts, MD's, Acupuncure, Herbolgoist, Chiro, etc..but nothing worked for him.. He was a part time practitioner of Chikung/Qigung, he used it only help with his Martial Arts skill, but when death was knocking on his door he decided to do it full time, 4hrs a day of Chi Kung practice, this was 3yrs ago, after 2yrs of practice he is cured (he lost his coordination, couldn't walk propoerly, headaches, dizzy, sick all the time, depression, breathing problems, anxiety and such) every symptom, as well his overall Wellbeing and outlook on life is much better now..

Here he talks about his experience and Daoism was formed and its methodology, its very interesting, they have a physical aspect and mental/spiritual aspect, and how it relates to other methods and systems, very cool..

This is part 1

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Part 2...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

Adam talking more about Mediation and what it means to Meditate...as well as being a Hermit and going at it alone  or within a Sanga or Community..

Here he exposes the current state of the Human Condition, that most ppl cannot do things alone or be alone, He says that in prisons, ppl would rather be with other inmates and at risk of attack and/or injury death than be in solitary confinement, which I find is nuts, I'd rather be in solitary confinement than with other prisoners, but most ppl today are on the level of social influence and neediness, whereas in reality you are always alone, and individual in nature.. He talks about the difference btwn Loneliness and Solitude, which is basically a difference in emotional outlook and experience, very wise!

Edited by Ishanga

What martial arts have you practiced in this 30 years? Could you make a summary of your martial arts path?

I enjoy practicing martial arts too

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

4 hours ago, Davino said:

What martial arts have you practiced in this 30 years? Could you make a summary of your martial arts path?

I enjoy practicing martial arts too

Wing Chun from 1988 to 2006 then Ving Tsun from 2006 till Now, Wing Chun as in William Cheung's Traditional version of it, WC was recognized as one of Ip Man's top fighters alongside Wong Shun Leung, and Bruce Lee, among others, but his version of Wing Chun is very different from the others, then in 2006 I travelled to LA to train with Gary Lam who learned from Wong Shun Leung and learned that version of WC, called Ving Tsun very different and more inclose striking system, if You've watched a Bruce Lee movie then You've seen Wing Chun in Action, and allot of what Steven Seagal does with his striking is WC influenced. as is Jeet Kune Do... I most have been Teaching since 1990, only began training again in 2006 when I learned the new system..

Adam Chan is Bruce Lee level of skill and technique, just as fast, powerful and knowledgeable, but Bruce hid allot from his students, Adam doesn't once he knows You and learns of Your character..

Here Adam talks about some of the final stages he went thru,  Experiencing Original Nature (Sing in Daoism) and he talks about Dissolving and then coming back to Form, he uses the analogy of becoming the Ocean and then becoming Ice, and going back and forth but the common element is Water, learning to discern that between the shifting btwn the two states you are always Water, Water meaning the Brahman, Atman, Dao, Infinite Universe of formlessness, God or whatever label you want to use..He also discusses the mistake of making the experience a Noun by announcing or thinking "I am Enlightened or I have Arrived/Awakened", since this is about Infinity and such there is no End to it and by thinking/identifying that there is, you stop the process...

He also talks about how the paths differ, Shamanism path of using drugs, or Mystic path of using doing/non doing practices, and if You don't want to go all the way how just 15-50min a day of steady practice can get You stress free and full of Well Beingness...Very Wise Man and path!!

This is multi part series about Chi Gung. Adam talking about the reason we continue meditating beyond the basic mental/physical benefits. Also, we will be talking about walking meditation.

He emphasizes that if You stay basic in the practice, your still stuck in a wheel of compulsions, yes You feel better overall, but Your still creating stress, looking outside for fulfilment and not quite there yet, with depth in Your practice You see Life for what it is, nothing is permanent, everything will come then go, and that Now is all there is,,Cool stuff!!

The Last one of this series, here Adam talks about how to integrate the Methods and Results, whether it is basic Wellbeing or the Highest Realization of Oneness with Original Nature, into Your Daily Life.

Since Adam is a top level Martial Artist and Teacher, he uses how the practices and realization helped him in Martial Arts applications without any effort to make it happen, he realized improved Spatial Awareness, Tactile  Sensitivity and the need to not have it as well, super Calm when doing random spontaneous training practice one vs one or vs multiple opponents, Power output at close range improved dramatically.

The Idea is that once You have a Grand Realization, it will seep down into your daily life and perception of Life, Life will be more empowered and interactions as well, very cool!

Posted (edited)

On 5/13/2024 at 1:18 PM, Ishanga said:

Here Adam talks about some of the final stages he went thru,  Experiencing Original Nature (Sing in Daoism) and he talks about Dissolving and then coming back to Form, he uses the analogy of becoming the Ocean and then becoming Ice, and going back and forth but the common element is Water, learning to discern that between the shifting btwn the two states you are always Water, Water meaning the Brahman, Atman, Dao, Infinite Universe of formlessness, God or whatever label you want to use..He also discusses the mistake of making the experience a Noun by announcing or thinking "I am Enlightened or I have Arrived/Awakened", since this is about Infinity and such there is no End to it and by thinking/identifying that there is, you stop the process...

He also talks about how the paths differ, Shamanism path of using drugs, or Mystic path of using doing/non doing practices, and if You don't want to go all the way how just 15-50min a day of steady practice can get You stress free and full of Well Beingness...Very Wise Man and path!!

It's so interesting how Eastern energy practices like Chi Gung mirror the purification process that people experience on highly energetic psychedelics like 5-MeO-DMT. I dare say doing it via Chi Gung would be preferable if you have the talent and the gumption.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

Adam talking about some tips about how to get your mind and body in the right state so that you can meditate and quiet the brain chatter...

This is simple stuff, we neglect it or take it for granted but its the simple things done right that make a huge difference in Your Life, and it gets You out of Your Head space which many of Us are trapped in, just breathing right makes a huge difference, but everyone thinks they know how to breath right which they don't!!

Adam is offering Free Online Teaching of Chi Kung/Qi Gong here --> Join our FREE online Qi Gong Classes https://www.adamchanqigong.com

Edited by Ishanga

Posted (edited)

On 6/3/2024 at 11:44 PM, What Am I said:

It's so interesting how Eastern energy practices like Chi Gung mirror the purification process that people experience on highly energetic psychedelics like 5-MeO-DMT. I dare say doing it via Chi Gung would be preferable if you have the talent and the gumption.

Yes, I agree, these practices, as with Yoga, have been around forever, Adam talks about this, he explains it as Mystical Path or Meditative Path, and the Shamanic Path, Meditative path is slower but more stable, you won't fall backwards when climbing the steps, the Shamanic path brings You right there, but You fall back,, In my opinion one should follow the Meditative path first, build a very solid foundation of Well Being and Awareness, then if they want to try some Psychedelics to see the finish line per say:)

Edited by Ishanga

Posted (edited)

Really, martial arts are the arts of war, and their objective is to cause maximum damage to the opponent. There is no problem with that, war is inherent to human beings, but I am surprised by the spiritual side that Asian traditions instill in them.

Actually, martial arts are MMA, or boxing, and although they have a spiritual side in the sense of concentration and control, they also have a large component of primary ego. I personally like them, but the Asian approach seems strange to me, when originally what it was about was killing your opponent, as Musashi explains in his book The Five Rings: in combat focus on what you can do to your opponent, not what your opponent can do to you. visualize the cut before it happens.

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Really, martial arts are the arts of war, and their objective is to cause maximum damage to the opponent. There is no problem with that, war is inherent to human beings, but I am surprised by the spiritual side that Asian traditions instill in them.

Actually, martial arts are MMA, or boxing, and although they have a spiritual side in the sense of concentration and control, they also have a large component of primary ego. I personally like them, but the Asian approach seems strange to me, when originally what it was about was killing your opponent, as Musashi explains in his book The Five Rings: in combat focus on what you can do to your opponent, not what your opponent can do to you. visualize the cut before it happens.

I think nowadays Martial Arts is mostly about Ego, when I was training I was truly interested in learning the Art I was learning, it just fascinated me that much that I practiced and trained allot like almost full time for years at a time, it consumed me, then it subsided after I gained some skills, but I'm no "Fighter", i know how to fight but I don't have the natural Killer Instinct that is needed to really finish someone off, unless of course I was protecting family and such things.. Back in the day though, hundreds or thousands of years ago, it was more about survival and waring times, things needed to be developed and done to survive another day, in the east they took up differently, than the west for sure, fighting arts developed as a Way of Life, in the west it was not this way, it probably has something to do with how they view life compared to Us here...

3 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

be developed and done to survive another day, in the east they took up differently, than the west for sure, fighting arts developed as a Way of Life, in the west it was not this way, it probably has something to do with how they view life compared to Us here...

In both civilizations, martial arts were the most important thing for a long time but they developed in a similar way but with essential differences.

in the west, jousting on horseback, sword fighting, archery without the slightest concession to anything other than what is effective, in the east always more ritual with concessions to aesthetics. the result was the superiority of the west. Since the Romans, the West has always been superior in the art of war, in which there is only one rule: win or die.  

The Japanese realized this, and thought that with their discipline and selflessness, adopting Western practicality, they would dominate the world. They were wrong, since it was precisely their excessive discipline, the cult of the leader, that worked against them. If an admiral made a wrong decision, no one dared to tell him, it was more important to die with honor than to win, and they were crushed.

3 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Yes, I agree, these practices, as with Yoga, have been around forever, Adam talks about this, he explains it as Mystical Path or Meditative Path, and the Shamanic Path, Meditative path is slower but more stable, you won't fall backwards when climbing the steps, the Shamanic path brings You right there, but You fall back,, In my opinion one should follow the Meditative path first, build a very solid foundation of Well Being and Awareness, then if they want to try some Psychedelics to see the finish line per say:)

I think so too. Having a reasonable foundation in meditation and then moving on to concurrent psychedelic assistance to boost you forward may be ideal. The two should be started at the same time at the very least. The worst scenario would be just psychedelics. All just my opinion of course.

Here Adam does a Q&A for the ppl signed up for his free QiGung course, super valuable advice..

1) Practice is more imporant than anything, no matter if Your in pain or not, if you don't practice consistently (this is discipline) then it won't work for U!

2) Find a method that works for You, experiment, some methods just resonate more than others, do some research and find what works for You.

3) Everything start from where Your At, baby steps first then go for the end game but You can't get to the End Game on day 1!

@Breakingthewall Fighting is surprisingly a very spiritual endeavour.

It changes your state very much and your ego is crashed as well as it crashes others egos. 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

36 minutes ago, Davino said:

It changes your state very much and your ego is crashed as well as it crashes others egos. 

It can be if they use if for that purpose, but for most "fighters" they just use it too developed bigger ego's and such, but they do get humbled in some way but only by those that are superior fighters in their individual experience.. True Humbleness is when a very good fighter (like Adam Chan above) doesn't use his skills in a situation when he knows the other guy doesn't stand a chance, but he bows out to literally save the other guys ass from a huge beating. Most fighters will not do this, they will fight to prove a point and that is basically Ego.. Bruce Lee had a huge Ego, even though he followed Kristnamurti and his ways, most in the context of how Bruce looked at learning Martial Arts, but he very egoic and would fight at the drop of a hat to prove a point...

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Davino said:

For me having a guy in front of me who wants to do me the most damage possible, and me studying his movements and planning the situation to maximize the defense and find the gaps in which to hit to damage him, has a fascinating flavor, but not spiritual. increases the density of my ego. Then I think it's better to avoid combats if you are interested in spirituality , over all because the energy of your opponent almost always is very egoic. If you find an opponent that fights without ego, then it's really beautiful , but 99,9% of fighters are very low conciousness , and in other hand, it's not healthy getting hits in your head. Anyway, there is a time for that if you need to do it

Edited by Breakingthewall

Your mind will tell you to seek symmetry, to pursue thoughts, to engage and create drama around them. Don't engage! Let go! easier said than done. Today we discuss a few topics related to this idea. This video is taken from one of our live qi gong classes. Adam discusses this common feeling among many men. Want to learn Qi Gong? Join our FREE online Qi Gong Classes. https://www.adamchanqigong.com