abrakamowse

The true Teaching of Christ

17 posts in this topic

I want to talk something about Christ here because I see that there are some posts on the subject and it seems to me is worth to explain the message of Christ a little more clearly, since he used many metaphors and many confuse metaphors with strictly exact, textual things like it is written in the Bible. And it's not like that.

First point before some may say that "Jesus does not exist” and that he is a creation of the mind. True, but I think we should not go so meta to explain some things first. Many times in the forum we go to much non-dualism and go to extremes. To talk about the subject we have to move in the field of dualism. At least for a bit...

Jesus constantly spoke from the non-dual point of view and moved on to dualism. That confuses many but it also teaches, impacts, creates shock and that helps to transmit the message, remember that he gave the message more than two thousand years ago. Many including his disciples did not understand his message well and that is why we have a church like this now. Confused, transmitting a wrong message that in my opinion does not help anyone to get "salvation”, "liberation”, "Enlightenment" or whatever you want to call it.

I'll try to be brief. Difficult thing on this subject.

The history of non-duality is clearly seen in Genesis. Genesis tells us that we lived together in paradise with God. Basically it is a metaphor of the moment that everything was not manifested yet. And the moment that separation from God is created is when we "sin". The devil offers the forbidden fruit to the woman and her to the man and thus we are separated from everything. (Remember this are metaphors or stories made long time ago) That is, at that moment the idea of separation is created. God Himself creates that idea, because everything is created by him, by his mind. So the devil in this case is also his creation. In the Bible it is said that the devil has a purpose, if you ask a pastor or priest they don't know how to explain well why. But if you understand non-dualism you will realize that the purpose of the devil is to create separation, and that way we can have experiences in the world. The Bible itself says that God gave the world to the devil. It is basically a symbolism similar to the idea of Maya from the Eastern religions.

We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one. (1 John 5:19)

That's how it all starts.

“You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also."(John 8:19)

Here it is clearly seen how Jesus had assimilated that unity with God. He saw Himself as one with all, one with the universal truth, one with the creator, one with God. But not because he was the only one that experienced that. He was talking about what he had experienced and that was that he and God were one. But he knew everyone can experience it too… He even prayed God so we can all experience what he had experienced.

“I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me.” (John 17:20-23)

Something that we can all experience, the church has taken it upon itself to twist this teaching to continue with the idea of separation, that is basically what is taught in the churches is totally the opposite of what Christ preached.

This ultimate truth he expresses in “I and the Father are one.” (John 10:30)

The truth will set you free

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."(John 8:32)

The truth that we must know is the same that Jesus knew, that he and the father (God) are one. This is achieved by experiencing when we die to our individuality, to our idea of an “I” separated from the whole. That is the original sin, to believe that we are separated from the whole (God) and that we can fend for ourselves, for our selfish desires without seeing that we are one with God. With the universal consciousness (for those who don't like the term God).

When we experience that unity we realize that we simply “are"... I am.. we are pure existence.

That's what Jesus experienced. It is the “I am” that the Bible mentions to us, when God speaks to Moses he says “I am who I am". (Exodus 3:14)

To know that truth we must die and be born again. What is this death that Christ speaks? It is to die to our individuality.

The need to sacrifice our individuality in order to be born again is a recurring theme in the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. (John 12:24-25)

Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. (Luke 17:33)

Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it. (Matthew 10:39)

‘If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever will save his life shall lose it: and whoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?’ (Matthew 16.24-26, and also Mark 8.34-37 and Luke 9.23-25).

And there's much more to say but I don't want to extend too much. The last thing would be the very resurrection of Jesus. Jesus had such a strong revelation that he could do things basically like God and the resurrection as a way to show his message to everyone in a dualistic way let's say. His death is a metaphor for the death of individuality and his resurrection was the sign of the power of God that was with him because he had understood that supreme truth completely. Come back to life. Showing the true power of God, which is inside everyone but it is so difficult for us to understand it.

I am posting this because I see many posts from Christians (I was a Christian in the way that Christianity is understood actually so I know what I am talking about). I almost become a bible thumper. And that’s not good, and is not what Jesus preached.

I still consider myself Christian, because I like the way he teaches, but now I understand his teachings in a very different light and more in his original intention, that is the non dual Jesus. Non duality is the basic teaching of Christ.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Those Christians will reject your message the same way that they rejected Jesus's message. Jesus literally told them they were God, and they say "He must have meant this!!!" LOL He was direct and they went indirect, which is how deception works. If you want to find the truth, God made it simple. The truth is direct. Indirectness is there to complicate things and make it hard to understand. 

All deception is indirect, Directness only becomes deception when an indirect interpretation is used to explain a direct interpretation. 

For example this meme is indirectly pointing to something direct. If you don't get the directness, you will miss the point. So people who resist truth, go indirect on default to purposefully confuse themselves so they don't understand. It's hilarious when you see it in action. Completely mind-boggling because then you have to deceive yourself that you aren't doing it to keep the deception alive.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

26 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

He was direct and they went indirect, which is how deception works.

That's what he did all the time. And he confused the Hebrews at that time Lol... and he didn't give explanations, that's something I noticed too.

When he said "Tear down this temple, and I'll rebuild it in three days." He never explained he was talking about the temple of his body. It was like he wanted the truth to stay disguised or hidden. He also said "Don't cast your pearls before swine" so maybe he had a reason for that. :-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

That's what he did all the time. And he confused the Hebrews at that time Lol... and he didn't give explanations, that's something I noticed too.

When he said "Tear down this temple, and I'll rebuild it in three days." He never explained he was talking about the temple of his body. It was like he wanted the truth to stay disguised or hidden. He also said "Don't cast your pearls before swine" so maybe he had a reason for that. :-)

Yeah he wanted to weed out the people who were interested in truth from the people who like to play mind games. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Yeah he wanted to weed out the people who were interested in truth from the people who like to play mind games. 

But it’s true. He was direct and they said he was saying something different.

so sad… 

Posted (edited)

Even after Jesus raised lasarus from the dead before their eyes some people went on to plot against him with the pharisees. 

God calls on every 24/7 to repent. You can't force someone to ask for forgiveness. We are made in His image.

Most people are heading for eternal destruction in hell. The ones who belongs to Satan will never repent.

IMG_0276.png

Edited by MellowEd

On 1/5/2024 at 3:50 AM, abrakamowse said:

But it’s true. He was direct and they said he was saying something different.

so sad… 

Not so sad because the message that yo have analyzed it very well in your post, it is still intact. It is incredible that it has lasted when almost no one has really understood it. is a message of enlightenment, of total surrender and truth. a message of openness, which has been transmitted by closed people. Not sad but funny, they didn't know what they was saying 

@abrakamowse First point before some may say that "Jesus does not exist” and that he is a creation of the mind. True, but I think we should not go so meta to explain some things first. Many times in the forum we go to much non-dualism and go to extremes. To talk about the subject we have to move in the field of dualism. At least for a bit...

I definitely agree with this ^. Too many people on here go far too meta which ultimately leads to the question why are you even on the forum it’s all imagination so what’s the point? Most people on here are not that enlightened (not even close) because simply very few human beings on the planet are. As Leo mentions you do not know you are god until you Know. Otherwise it is just second hand stuff. I personally do not KNOW but I have an intuitive sense that it is probably the case and so I am on that journey 

tbh I need to read your post fully. Jesus was connected with the divine. Essence of reality and many misinterpreted him because he was just so far ahead of their conscious development. Most had not a fucking clue what he was on about they just found something about his presence that they could not explain but it made them feel connected 

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Not so sad because the message that yo have analyzed it very well in your post, it is still intact. It is incredible that it has lasted when almost no one has really understood it. is a message of enlightenment, of total surrender and truth. a message of openness, which has been transmitted by closed people. Not sad but funny, they didn't know what they was saying 

That's true... you are right. Nonduality, sad, and funny at the same time hehe...

4 hours ago, Chadders said:

I definitely agree with this ^. Too many people on here go far too meta which ultimately leads to the question why are you even on the forum it’s all imagination so what’s the point?

I liked how Jesus talked from both points of view when he needed or when he felt it was necessary to transmit his message.

When he said "Me and the father are one" he was saying "I am one with reality" or "Reality is one thing so I am that too".

He moved from one POV to the other and that made crazy the religious people that finally decided to crucify him. Because they didn't accept or understand the truth.

"It is I who am the light (of consciousness) over all. It is I who am the entirety: it is from me that the entirety has come, and to me that the entirety goes. Split a piece of wood: I am there. Lift a stone, and you will find me there." (Gospel of Thomas, 77)

My addition in italic.

The I can also be changed with O, because that self is a non-egoic, non-personal, no-self. 

"It is O who is the light (of consciousness) over all. It is O who is the entirety: it is from O that the entirety has come, and to O that the entirety goes. Split a piece of wood: O is there. Lift a stone, and you will find O there." 

The entire Universe conspired for you to sneeze

The word I points to the absolute but we think it is the egoistic I wrongly. 

There’s only one I who tricks itself in several different and smaller I to experience itself. 

On 5/11/2024 at 1:45 PM, MellowEd said:

God calls on every 24/7 to repent.

True he asked to repent of our sins. 

What keep us separated from God?

The sin.

So the sin is what happened in the original sin. The devil made us sin and at that moment we become separated. Because we knew and we created a god (with lowercase) that is the ego.

Repent and know I am. 

On 5/12/2024 at 5:23 PM, abrakamowse said:

True he asked to repent of our sins. 

What keep us separated from God?

The sin.

So the sin is what happened in the original sin. The devil made us sin and at that moment we become separated. Because we knew and we created a god (with lowercase) that is the ego.

Repent and know I am. 

Some say that the so called original sin is the belief of separation from God. The ego thinks it is separate from God and takes credit.

The ego says I HAVE a consciousness. The truth is you don't have it, you ARE IT. The ego says I have accomplished so many great things. The truth is consciousness accomplishes everything, and ultimately...there is nothing. So nothing was accomplished. 

The ego says I want to control things, I want to expand my control. The truth is the ego is a creation, a construct, as such whatever control it has, it was GIVEN. So it doesn't have control, it was given control and that control is limited. 

So notice how the ego takes ownership as a separate individual entity. It divides itself from God. This is the first and only sin. Once the ego does this, it cannot forgive, it cannot accept because it lives in a world of OTHERS. So the ego as God can only punish, judge, and condemn, and thus religion is borne.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Some say that the so called original sin is the belief of separation from God. The ego thinks it is separate from God and takes credit.

The ego says I HAVE a consciousness. The truth is you don't have it, you ARE IT. The ego says I have accomplished so many great things. The truth is consciousness accomplishes everything, and ultimately...there is nothing. So nothing was accomplished. 

The ego says I want to control things, I want to expand my control. The truth is the ego is a creation, a construct, as such whatever control it has, it was GIVEN. So it doesn't have control, it was given control and that control is limited. 

So notice how the ego takes ownership as a separate individual entity. It divides itself from God. This is the first and only sin. Once the ego does this, it cannot forgive, it cannot accept because it lives in a world of OTHERS. So the ego as God can only punish, judge, and condemn, and thus religion is borne.

Religion sadly fell in the same trap of keep thinking we are separated. The truth is difficult to accept.

What Jesus taught was not understood but some have understood. 

Luke 8:8

Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear."

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Religion sadly fell in the same trap of keep thinking we are separated. The truth is difficult to accept.

What Jesus taught was not understood but some have understood. 

Luke 8:8

Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear."

It's very paradoxical subject. Religion is designed for masses, groups of individuals, ofcourse it is set in the play of duality. 

Btw @Razard86 ego doesnt say "i have consciousness", ego says "i will tell you what ego says and you better believe me" lol! 

If one is an ego but says " I am consciousness " he's still an ego saying that, an avatar. No problem with that, i start having problem when people try to mask it. 

If you are here in the world of form, you are separate and are an ego. Paradox!

If you run away from that fact you are not being authentic. 

You will have eternity to be empty awareness, but only this lifetime to be the human that you are.

Ever wondered why you don't have access to other minds? Wonder how and why privacy exists? I know, poking right at that solipsistic belief.  

You have to fully be the human to transcend it. Don't deny the human.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Edited by Dodo

Posted (edited)

You realise every time you separate duality from nonduality you are creating more duality? Its you, the enlightened who know the truth vs them, the egoic newbies who don't know what is going on. Ah, they are soo ignorant right?

So much for nonduality being Absolute Truth then, if it has an opposite in the face of duality.

You need to work on being inclusive

Edited by Dodo