Recursoinominado

Reporter from 60 Minutes Mass R*ped by Egyptian Mob

38 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buck Edwards said:

There wouldn't be a universal solution either way. What do you suggest in case? 

When one comes to another culture to live, follow that cultures ways of living, drop the one you came from, or keep it at home, and don't identify with Culture too much, just enjoy it, enjoy the diversity of it when it comes into your life within the moment, then drop it when its not there...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

To say that an entire culture should not be allowed to migrate/immigrate to another country is cultural stereotyping in my opinion. Cultural sensitivity needs to be practiced across the globe, there's simply no way around it.

People of a specific culture abide by common norms and values. 

@hoodrow trillson  @Thought Art  @Carl-Richard

On 2024-05-11 at 3:54 PM, Carl-Richard said:

It's hilariously sad to see how many people here see an interview about a rape and the first instinct is to think they're lying.

23 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000  I don't see that at all. She is just explaining what happened from her perspective. I don't think she's lying bro..

16 hours ago, hoodrow trillson said:

That's a nice novel you wrote there lol.

You do understand that you can interpret body language to mean whatever you want it to mean, in your head... right? 

The state of this forum.  Lmao.

Before you 3 keep on ganging up on me, to CLARIFY it's just my observation, from the body language analysis, her tone and general presentation of these events SO FAR! I'm not saying she's 100% lying, deceiving, faking, I'm saying probability is LIKELY, it's LIKELY she could be omitting details to her story, she could be coping by lying and deceiving a little bit, LIKELY meaning around 60-80%, which I can be wrong on, naturally because of the dark experience she went through. Am not saying that her lying/deceiving makes her complete phony, I'm just making my interpretations based on the soft science of body language and tonality analysis, presentation, discourse, and some statement analysis, which isn't perfect but am just observing how she communicates. IDK why you 3 and the other users jumped on me and ganged me like this when I can't defend myself...and HEY! Don't be giving me warning points for defending and explaining myself here again! Imma call big Daddy Leo on you 3 if this keeps up.

4 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Before you 3 keep on ganging up on me

I wasn't ganging up on you. I was taking three of you guys on all by myself xD 

to CLARIFY it's just my observation, from the body language analysis, her tone and general presentation of these events SO FAR! I'm not saying she's 100% lying, deceiving, faking, I'm saying probability is LIKELY, it's LIKELY she could be omitting details to her story,

Using body language analysis in this situation is like trying to linguistically analyze the word "rape". It's making a big ruckus about something that should be quite clear.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Ishanga @bebotalk yea I get that part. It's called cultural assimilation. But it happens over time not overnight. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

On 12/5/2024 at 0:51 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Uhh, she is a reporter(??) 🙈

A dumb reporter who is totally tone deaf to her surroundings.. 

Posted (edited)

@Merkabah Star Shame on you, have a little empathy. Reporters get harmed all the time so your ass could see what is happening in the real world.

@Danioover9000 Why would assume she was lying in the first place. They even showed a glimpse of the video where she was screaming, and her body language is totally okay. And it is well known that moments of chaos and anarchy are the perfect time to do crimes with no consequences.

People start behaving like rabid animals when they gather into crowds.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Merkabah Star Shame on you, have a little empathy. Reporters get harmed all the time so your ass could see what is happening in the real world.

@Danioover9000 Why would assume she was lying in the first place. They even showed a glimpse of the video where she was screaming, and her body language is totally okay. And it is well known that moments of chaos and anarchy are the perfect time to do crimes with no consequences.

That region, during such an event, is not somewhere a petite, blonde, western women can be. My heart breaks for her and what she went through. She learnt that the hard way. Bless the Muslim women in the full hijab who covered her with their love. 

@LSD-Rumi  Because based on her body language and tonality in that video and future videos, it felt mostly performative, with some degree of deception by omitting details. Main reason why is her background as an actor and model, that background, very similar to Megan who is wife of Harry, they tend to train them to be presentable and to force politeness, and sometimes that may come across as condescending or fake to some degree, narcissistic to some degree, see? Also as a reporter her colleagues reporting of her as more reckless and aggressive than them, in most cases taking far more risks than them for more coverage and footage than then. Her behavior felt abnormal as most rape victims do not behave in an animated and excited, and over performative way like her did, most would remain defensive, subdued body language and tone, not as active or animated in their accounting of events again. It's just not the average behavior of a victim recounting their traumatic experience here.

11 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Merkabah Star

12 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

A dumb reporter who is totally tone deaf to her surroundings.. 

While there's some truth to this, it's a bit harsh. From my analysis it's not that I'm denying the event happened, just her accounting of it felt a bit strange, not the standard behavior or communication of a victim here. Felt condescending and narcissistic, similar to Megan. 

Posted (edited)

@Merkabah Star

While there's some truth to this, it's a bit harsh. From my analysis it's not that I'm denying the event happened, just her accounting of it felt a bit strange, not the standard behavior or communication of a victim here. Felt condescending and narcissistic, similar to Megan. 

Didn’t you say she was lying? Thats harsh!. 😀

Edited by Merkabah Star

On 12/05/2024 at 5:08 PM, Ishanga said:

When one comes to another culture to live, follow that cultures ways of living, drop the one you came from, or keep it at home, and don't identify with Culture too much, just enjoy it, enjoy the diversity of it when it comes into your life within the moment, then drop it when its not there...

When in Rome, do as the Romans.

I have had the rare opportunity to not be rooted in any one culture due to moving to different countries during my formative years. As a result, I don't identify strongly with any one culture and I can appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of any one culture.

There are no equal cultures. The culture of less developed country are less developed and by virtue worse in most aspects.

water gets wet

The devil is in the details.

On 4/30/2024 at 0:25 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Did a bit of body language analysis on her in this footage...it felt quite defensive and there's some deception going on in her recounting. If you listen to her tonality, it's the type most sales and con artists use to tell a very interesting story. Her way of storytelling is a bit performative and it feels like she's trying to infuse emotion into her story

What are you talking about?? Seems like traumatized women telling her raw story in a vulnerable and courageous way. I didn't get any vibe like she is lying, why would she?

On 5/1/2024 at 9:18 AM, Recursoinominado said:

I could be wrong but, in my experience, many women are oblivious to dangerous situations, especially in the West in developed countries. Which is odd because she is from South Africa, and was a war reporter. Maybe she was overly confident (aka delusional).

I am from Brazil (a dangerous country, especially for women, although not as dangerous as in the Middle East or Africa), and having made many female friends I have seen many times how oblivious and naive they can be in dangerous situations. Like happily walking drunk in the streets at night, being loud and playing like it was Disney or something. I was the one alert and warning them to hurry up and being called "neurotic" by them... They truly look like children sometimes.

Yeah i am in Rio now and it's amazing to me to see women all dressed up and walking around the street like that alone late at night. Crazy, more courageous than I am

@Merkabah Star

On 13/05/2024 at 9:37 PM, Merkabah Star said:

Didn’t you say she was lying? Thats harsh!. 😀

Like I said, small degree she could be lying and distorting some of the event. I've studied enough narcissists and liars using body language analysis that I can just tell something isn't right with her story.

@blessedlion1993

8 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

What are you talking about?? Seems like traumatized women telling her raw story in a vulnerable and courageous way. I didn't get any vibe like she is lying, why would she?

I am using body language analysis to determine if she's credible. And my analysis shows that she's lying to some extent, selling and performing a distorted version of that event. Narcissists also tend to over perform if you know and study them. It's just not normal given the average victim behavior, and given her background it's suspicious. So I'm telling you all to not fully trust what she's saying as it could be lying to some extent.