Heaven

Islam = the biggest cult in the world

85 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

To be fair christianity was not better in the medievals. Judaism has its flaws too

I see what you did here 

download.png

The main problem with Islamism is that a significant population is taught/ brainwashed that their religion is superior to everyone else. Once this thought process is removed, Islam can become a far better religion.

While they have many good practices such as intense prayer everyday, fasting, sacrificing their joy for their god which helps to reduce their ego and hence actually bring them closer to God, the idea of heaven, feeling superior because of their religion, men feeling superior to women, the desire for heaven instead of contentment etc. move them actually away from God. The sooner the religious leaders who influence the masses realise this, the better for the world. This applies to all the other religions equally as well.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, royce said:

I see what you did here 

I less know about what Jews did but more what they have gone through.

If you know some things let me know.

Anyway the religion identity is not so critical to me as the values themselves are regardless of the religion they are expressed in.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

@Leo Gura Have u read quran?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Heaven

19 hours ago, Heaven said:

Isn’t it clear how brainwashed they are?

How close minded they can be?

Cults are to be eliminated and addressed for what it is.

Why in the 21st century religion still exists or given that amount of power?

I'm not sure what you mean by clear? Can you lay out your argument, and provide justifications and evidence to show me how brainwashed they are?

Again, what do you mean by close minded they are? Can you explain and provide and example/proof of their close mindedness.

If cults are to be eliminated and addressed for what it is, and you're a part of a cult, does that mean I and my group get to eliminate you and your group? Also what do you mean by eliminate her, and why eliminate first then address later??? Are you not putting the cart before the horse?

I don't know why. Can you illustrate your reasoning why religions are still powerful in the 21st century? Would atheism, secularism, and science count as a religion too?

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

I less know about what Jews did but more what they have gone through.

I like this

1 hour ago, Nivsch said:

If you know some things let me know.

just watch more tv

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, the reason they are underdeveloped is because of geography.

How so? During the Islamic golden age the development was higher than in western countries. They also had access to large amounts of natural resources (oil).

Posted (edited)

There is a profoundly toxic core to Islam.

Many people in my close circle are Muslims, and they are extremely intelligent and successful, which I generally respect a lot. However, when I question them about their core beliefs, they tell me that as a non-believer, I will end up in hell unless I convert to Islam—and they are quite aggressive in trying to convert me.

They also believe they are the most manly, intelligent, and superior people. Women are obviously seen as inferior and subservient, serving no role other than supporting a man. In general, they are quite closed-minded and domineering. Additionally, they radically reject any notion of progress, hold a highly anthropomorphized view of God, and view the Islamic state as the eternal ideal of God’s creation.

Of course, any religion has toxic elements, but in Islam, these seem so central to their belief that it’s hard to imagine a healthy form of it. Christianity appears quite different and seems to me to be much more mature.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

7 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

There is a profoundly toxic core to Islam.

Many people in my close circle are Muslims, and they are extremely intelligent and successful, which I generally respect a lot. However, when I question them about their core beliefs, they tell me that as a non-believer, I will end up in hell unless I convert to Islam—and they are quite aggressive in trying to convert me.

They also believe they are the most manly, intelligent, and superior people. Women are obviously seen as inferior and subservient, serving no role other than supporting a man. In general, they are quite closed-minded and domineering. Additionally, they radically reject any notion of progress, hold a highly anthropomorphized view of God, and view the Islamic state as the eternal ideal of God’s creation.

Of course, any religion has toxic elements, but in Islam, these seem so central to their belief that it’s hard to imagine a healthy form of it. Christianity appears quite different and seems to me to be much more mature.

I do respect their devotion and integrated practice very much, though. They diligently perform their prayers and spiritual cleansing five times a day, regardless of the context, and they are generally extremely respectful toward each other when it comes to their traditions and practices.

They also have extremely strong family ties and are quite active participants in their communities—something that is almost unheard of in large parts of the Western liberal world.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

They diligently perform their prayers and spiritual cleansing five times a day, regardless of the context, and they are generally extremely respectful toward each other when it comes to their traditions and practices.

That shows that the brainwashing is working, imo.

Edited by Nemra

3 minutes ago, Nemra said:

That shows that the brainwashing is working, imo.

A large part of it is unconscious acting out, of course, but I do get the sense that there is some authentic spiritual connection happening in their prayer, at least some of the time for some of them.

Just now, Nilsi said:

A large part of it is unconscious acting out, of course, but I do get the sense that there is some authentic spiritual connection happening in their prayer, at least some of the time for some of them.

If you stick to a spiritual routine so diligently for such a long period of time, there is bound to be some real insight gained, just by fluke luck, no matter how mechanical the process is.

Just now, Nilsi said:

If you stick to a spiritual routine so diligently for such a long period of time, there is bound to be some real insight gained, just by fluke luck, no matter how mechanical the process is.

Of course, this is far from ideal and personally, it wouldn’t work for me at all, but you have to keep in mind that the people I’m referring to are hardcore capitalistic achievers and temperamentally would otherwise have no spirituality in their lives at all.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I do get the sense that there is some authentic spiritual connection happening in their prayer, at least some of the time for some of them.

Maybe for some. But the thing is that their strict, unquestioning lifestyle filters that connection way too much, which I think makes them more confident about their previous beliefs.

Edited by Nemra

2 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Maybe for some. But the thing is that their strict, unquestioning lifestyle filters that connection, which I think makes them more confident about their previous beliefs.

That’s precisely the problem. Any genuine spiritual insight is filtered and interpreted through their dogmatic beliefs and only reinforces the most toxic aspects of their worldview.

Just now, Nilsi said:

That’s precisely the problem. Any genuine spiritual insight is filtered and interpreted through their dogmatic beliefs and only reinforces the most toxic aspects of their worldview.

But that is the case in any religion. The difference is that Islam produces much more spiritual insight on a large scale, which, ironically, makes it that much more fanatical and self-righteous.

Like Judaism or Christianity is better lol

I have heard that Muslims are chill in Turkey and friendly to non Muslims.   Most of the extremists Muslims are actually a direct response to the legacy of oppression and colonialism.  It is really more political than religious.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, Nemra said:

That makes sense as it can be used to unify people under some ideas in harsh conditions, regardless of people being brainwashed.

The question is: Will religion exist if people live in better places? If so, for how long?

Do you think that when conditions get better, religions only have the brainwashing aspect?

Religions might disappear once an all inclusive, open minded, spiritual oriented lifestyle takes the place of religion.

There will be always a need for hope, even if a country becomes rich, for being rich doesn't free you from your suffering. And hence religions will continue to exist, for the sake of hope in duration of suffering, and brain washing will exist as well as a result.

But a truly developed nation, one in which humanity becomes the ultimate goal, the one where equality, compassion, gratitude, selflessness and love takes the center stage, religions will either disappear entirely or lose their relevance completely, as they survive based on these concepts as their base.

On 29/4/2024 at 8:06 AM, Heaven said:

Isn’t it clear how brainwashed they are?

How close minded they can be?

Cults are to be eliminated and addressed for what it is.

Why in the 21st century religion still exists or given that amount of power?

All religions are cults, even Judaism. Some of those American, Christian type religions are weird AF  too.. they have taken Jesus to a whole different level of cray cray.