Juan

Why TikTok Should or Shouldn’t be Banned?

84 posts in this topic

We are not a good species when it comes to banning stuff, for example  billions think slavery is something unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed yet we practice it like there is no tomorrow.

Same for the technology ban is not gonna solve anything. You can't ban adults. Can ya?

2 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

We are not a good species when it comes to banning stuff, for example  billions think slavery is something unacceptable and shouldn't be allowed yet we practice it like there is no tomorrow.

Same for the technology ban is not gonna solve anything. You can't ban adults. Can ya?

So because things are imperfect this means there should be no curbs.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, bebotalk said:

You said a while back that you don't believe corruption differs between countries

I have never said that. I have made many posts on my blog saying the opposite. I have shared CPI data with you guys.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

I'm against the ban. It's used by a ton of US businesses and creators and I don't support much of anything this geriatric congress passes. They are old and out of touch. I don't see any security risks from people using this app. Parents can do a better job parenting if they want to cry about the app poisoning the minds of kids. It's called taking away the ipad. And lastly it sets up more stupid tit for tat geopolitic games between the USA and China. The biggest issue here is the flat out lack of integrity USA business does overseas by censoring themselves to make more cash in foreign markets ran by authoritarian governments. Critics used to scold them for that and tout how the USA version was so free and shit and how they shouldn't do business there if they don't uphold American values. How times have changed, we want to now flat out ban a harmless app with zero evidence it does any harm just to "get them back." USA has gone to shit, move abroad if you have the cash. 

Edited by Lyubov