theleelajoker

Life = Super Mario Land?

12 posts in this topic

As I get older  (I'm in my mid 30s) I obviously learn a lot about a lot of things.  About me, about others, about business, about psychology, etc. etc.

When I meet a group of people, when I go to a meeting,  or a date, then I notice many things I did not notice 5 years or even a year ago. Same goes for me when I'm alone and reflect about me or if I look at society at large. So many times in the last years, I had a moment of "Ohhhh...if I only knew before!" or "Now I finally get it!".  It felt like moments of deep insight. As if I just had received a key that helps me to solve whatever is a problem for me right now in my life. Admittedly, I don't put all the knowledge into action but I do behave different in many situations.

At the same time, I feels like nothing ever changes.  As if life adapts to everything I know and do to keep the degree of difficulty the same. All the knowledge, the insights, the shadow work etc - don't feel that my life quality really changed in the last 20 years or sth. The more I learn, the more tools I have at my disposal, the more difficult life seems to become. Just like mastering new and new levels at Super Mario Land. Only difference - on gameboy there was a limited amount of levels while (at least for my lifetime) the "real life" levels seem infinite.

And even more, sometimes all these life experiences and learned concepts pile up and seem to make things more complicated and heavy. It's sth I think about when I meet people in their 20s and see their "lightness" about life.

Anyone feels similar? Maybe I just feel like that because I am stuck and suck at applying my life lessons :D

spiral-dynamics-super-mario-edition-01.p

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

I might as well have written this myself except for a few changes here and there including the part about life becoming more difficult. For me, its not becoming more difficult, not that it's become easier either, but not anymore difficult. I could say a bit more mentally peaceful.

I've found that the more knowledge one gains, the more you lose. The less, the more homeostasis. Meaning, and I'm speaking on a Spiritual level the more you know, it covers up what truly is. Concepts and ideas just leaves you with more concepts and ideas. It's not even so much as to start applying what you've learnt as more to allow room and space for what you've ingested to digest so that the bullshit can work it's way through on it's own just like the body does when you feed it. 

Lately, I've been seeing quite a few comments such as yours and It seems more obvious to me that what I've come to realize is playing itself out right before my eyes. None of this stuff gets you anywhere only more seeking. It's fine to do it for doing it sake but there's no where to get and nothing to learn to get you anywhere Spiritually, only more shit to chew up and digest and spit out. 

Learning skills and expanding one's creativity is great and is needed to expand your horizons and to benefit your own curiosities about life, and to become good at achievements, even Spiritually, because that helps to get to the point of realization and the recognition that there's no where to go and nothing to seek or get. Just more questions and answers that breed more questions to Infinity. Life is very spontaneous and is appearing to unfold as we speak, so itls impossible to grasp and know anything concrete about it, only to know it's unknowable. Relax and try to enjoy each moment and concentrate on your personal goals and what is needed to attain the necessary tools to get you to where you would like to go on the grounded level.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This book is really cool.

rizvirkz.png

OK I did not see that the analogy has been made before :D

@Princess Arabia 

I like the "time to digest" instead of "apply what learned"  perspective. Time to digest that there is indeed nowhere to go, nothing to achieve and nothing to learn.

I'm happy to see it in a similar way. Don't know about the rest of you guys but my cultural background, my family and (most of) friends gave me a different view on that. Learn this and do XYZ and then things will be "better". Because "more" is obviously the solution.

@theleelajoker It's crucail to get the right ratio between theory and action.

Too much theory will put you in hell.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

I remember being a young teenager and talking to my uncle. I don't know how we got on to the subject, but I said to him "life seems to get harder, but it also gets easier". I think for a fulfilling life we need constant expansion. We take on the hard stuff and it then becomes easier over time and we keep on levelling up. But this can make it feel like we're going nowhere.

I think we have computer games because they reflect something deep about our psyches. It's not just about enjoyment and skill and escapism, it's an existential thing. We know that we're just playing a game called "real life". For comedic value go here: https://www.reddit.com/r/outside/

@CARDOZZO there is only one way to know that we're in a simulation and that would be to look for glitches and inconsistencies. By definition, no simulation is perfect.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

@LastThursday

1. The reddit is fun ;D

2. Yes, there is sth about games and humans. Creating games within games within games lol

4 hours ago, theleelajoker said:

OK I did not see that the analogy has been made before :D

@Princess Arabia 

I like the "time to digest" instead of "apply what learned"  perspective. Time to digest that there is indeed nowhere to go, nothing to achieve and nothing to learn.

I'm happy to see it in a similar way. Don't know about the rest of you guys but my cultural background, my family and (most of) friends gave me a different view on that. Learn this and do XYZ and then things will be "better". Because "more" is obviously the solution.

👍

Know thyself....