Harikrishnan

Protien powder suggestion

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

@Leo Gura Do you think a $190k Benz G wagon is a scam?

It's not a scam, but the status associated with it is.

People who buy G Wagons do it for status moreso than for a quality car. Because you can get quality car for much cheaper.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Does this as well apply to Universities, where the top of the line University is supposedly better than your local public research university? I ask this because I'm deeply insecure about the rank and status of my school

Depends on the country. Europe universities are mostly the same in terms of actual quality, but status does matter. The difference is usually from a good to an excellent university. In other countries I cannot say, but probably there is a bigger gap

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

University prestige is somewhat of a self fulfilling prophecy, so it does affect the quality of teaching, research, funding, everything.

It still ends up only being what you make of it though. If you go to a shit university nothing is stopping you from self educating.

I would cut my hand before wearing a Rolex watch.

@Leo Gura Some people in my country buy special car licenses for huge sum of money. It is the ultimate status scam.

This one for example was bought by an Iraqi millionare for 700 thousand dollars!!

61e610080fc2d97db639939bceeb948f0c5a9f68-240118142626.jpg

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

On 2024-04-29 at 2:30 PM, Schizophonia said:

It is above all proof that you can be rich and have no taste.

Yes, but rich people have better taste than poor people summa summarum.

Posted (edited)

I like Orgain plant based powder because it can be mixed in just water and still have thickness and good flavor/mouth feel.  Whey proteins are objectionable to me mixed only in water.  I use orgain powder as a self contained snack on breaks at work. Mix with cold water and enjoy.

https://www.costco.com/orgain-organic-protein-and-superfoods-plant-based-protein-powder%2c-vanilla-bean%2c-2.7-lbs.product.100393228.html

Currently on sale at costco for a couple more days.  I've found the more I use plant proteins the more I enjoy them. I don't particularly enjoy whey protein. When I want high protein that's not a powder, I use cans of costco canned chicken (drained because they add sodium phosphate to it)

$2 per can in store price for around 45 grams of protein per can... not too bad.

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature%2C-chicken-breast%2C-12.5-oz%2C-6-count.product.100334960.html

As for a "quality car" I like toyotas because I love Japan's conservative mentality where they focus on build quality and longevity. I have a 2012 Camry with the V6 engine that at 140,000 miles is not even halfway through it's life. If I was to buy a vehicle now I'd get a 2020-2024 lightly used Camry Hybrid and then get a comma 3x unit for it's self driving capabilities.  These vehicles are bombproof.. the transmissions are very simple and will outlast the batteries, just about every component will last forever, and the batteries are warrantied at 10 years/150K miles and typically last much longer.   I care little for status symbol items that the unwashed masses by to show off, but to each their own. People incarnate on this planet to experience the variety that comes along with the capitalist consumption hamster wheel. There's no right or wrong to it, it just is. DNA and culture program us to like what we like.

Edited by sholomar