Shakazulu

Life Purpose ME Sheet

21 posts in this topic

Last time I did the strength assessment test was July of 2021, do our innate strengths change overtime? Should I do the strength assessment test again? In the last three years I updated and adjusted my values. 

Posted (edited)

They don't change but your awareness and clarity about what they are can certainly change. It takes years of introspection to come to know yourself.

It's good to re-visit your Me Sheet every few years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thank you for creating such an awesome course. I completed it back in 2017, my top five strengths are:

input 

futuristic thinking 

achiever 

learner 

focus 

I’m just now realizing how important input is, especially in systems thinking. If input is one of my strengths does that mean I’m great at finding solutions and creating material? 

@Shakazulu Welcome.

I don't know what "input" means.

@Leo Gura input in the sense of working in fields that make me learn something new everyday. Professions like journalism, research or teaching. Input is nothing without output because the goal is to collect information so we can turn it into action. 

How is input a strength??

Something isn't clear there.

@Leo Gura

On 4/22/2024 at 8:51 AM, Leo Gura said:

They don't change but your awareness and clarity about what they are can certainly change.

Are you implying that innate values in humans don't change? Like, I know that we all have morality systems ingrained in our DNA (what to do in certain dilemmas) that helped our survival over millions of years, and perhaps we all still share much similar values than not (like not to kill, fairness, don't steal).

So by not changing do you mean they were determined when you were born? And that trying to change then is futile?

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura  It’s the strength of being able to collect valuable data, facts and ideas, 

Maybe It’s hard for someone to innovate or have unique ideas in their field if they aren’t able to be curious & look for information beyond the mainstream. 

Edited by Shakazulu

26 minutes ago, fopylo said:

Are you implying that innate values in humans don't change?

I was speaking about your individual strengths. Note the context of this thread.

@Leo Gura

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I was speaking about your individual strengths. Note the context of this thread.

The OP literally asked if your innate values change over time and you said they don't... help me understand

1 hour ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

The OP literally asked if your innate values change over time and you said they don't... help me understand

OP asked about strengths.

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

Strengths don't change? Bro I'm confused

Who you are deep down does not change. What changes is your understanding of yourself. Clearing away the junk.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Sorry, I meant strengths all along. I mixed it with the 'value', my bad.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Who you are deep down does not change.

Are you talking in the biological sense, that we are all genetically very unique and have strengths that resonate with us stronger than others? Or are you talking in a metaphysical sense that you are the thing that is subjectively experiencing all of that and thus you don't really change?

In any case, I don't think I got you on the thing on what changes and what doesn't.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura Sorry, I meant strengths all along. I mixed it with the 'value', my bad.

Are you talking in the biological sense, that we are all genetically very unique and have strengths that resonate with us stronger than others? Or are you talking in a metaphysical sense that you are the thing that is subjectively experiencing all of that and thus you don't really change?

In any case, I don't think I got you on the thing on what changes and what doesn't.

Obviously your DNA mostly doesn't change. Obviously your metaphysical identity as God doesn't change. But I wasn't talking about those. I was talking about your core personality. That also doesn't really change. Your personality is deeply connected to your strengths and values. But your personality requires work to unearth and blossom. So what changes is that you unearth yourself.

And then of course stuff like your mind, your worldview, your beliefs, and your habits can change a lot if you pursue serious growth, development, and life experience.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously your DNA mostly doesn't change. Obviously your metaphysical identity as God doesn't change. But I wasn't talking about those. I was talking about your core personality. That also doesn't really change. Your personality is deeply connected to your strengths and values. But your personality requires work to unearth and blossom. So what changes is that you unearth yourself.

And then of course stuff like your mind, your worldview, your beliefs  and your habits can change a lot if you pursue serious growth, development, and life experience.

Thank you for articulating it so clearly. I have been doing a lot of this unearthing the past few years from the spiritual and late stage capitalism brainwashing that I deeply went through in my early 20s.

But overall, just also learning more about myself and my personality. Realizing that I am deeply an artist at heart has been a game-changer (thank you for the blogpost of Miyazaki). Realizing that I have a deep love and passion for philosophy and pure understanding has made me so much happier and life more enjoyable. Realizing that my crazy social skills came naturally to me and that it is not to be taken for granted at all, is crazy!

Edited by Miguel1

Connect with me on Instagram: instagram.com/miguetran

@Miguel1 Yup, that's how it goes.

Posted (edited)

I have also realized that I am a very ambitious person. I want to provide massive value to the world and deeply touch the hearts of many, with a huge vision.

Spiritual brainwashing got me repressing this side of me for the longest time.

Edited by Miguel1

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Miguel1 said:

I have also realized that I am a very ambitious person. I want to provide massive value to the world with a huge vision.

Spiritual brainwashing got me repressing this side of me for the longest time.

Ambition is probably the least recognized yet most important personality trait.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ambition is probably the least recognized yet most important personality trait.

Interesting!