Someone here

Nothing will make you happy

169 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Nemra I was about to tell a joke about infinity ..but then i realised it never ends :D

Good one.

Know thyself....

Yes, only nothing will make me happy in the end.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Princess Arabia said:

What everybody is missing (apparently, because nothing is missing), is that this is already whole and complete.

A truth which silence defends as well as words.  So, in the interest of duality, I have to say I'm curious as to what makes you say so much about so little (non-duality being a matter for which significance is not possible)?  Because you have to admit, you've had a lot to say.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:26 PM, Inliytened1 said:

you cannot tell your boss you were late for work because there isn't a you.

I will tell that to my boss next time I’m late 

😋

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I will tell that to my boss next time I’m late 

😋

I already did. He told me that from now on I don't ever have to worry about being late again, and that I can just relax and stay home tomorrow, and the day after that, and also the day after that.

Nonduality ftw!

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

I already did. He told me that from now on I don't ever have to worry about being late again, and that I can just relax and stay home tomorrow, and the day after that, and also the day after that.

Nonduality ftw!

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

21 hours ago, Someone here said:

Good question.  I would say it depends on the person's maturity. A slob teenager will cry like a coward if his dad took his PlayStation out.  But a mature person is OK with most of his life . Maturity usually comes with age and life experiences.  My theory is that the older you get the more you become able to experience unconditional happiness that isn't contingent on external conditions. 

I was hinting at our tendency to conflate self-survival with happiness.

The latter seems to be independent of circumstances.

Still, not sure what it is.

9 hours ago, TheCloud said:

A truth which silence defends as well as words.  So, in the interest of duality, I have to say I'm curious as to what makes you say so much about so little (non-duality being a matter for which significance is not possible)?  Because you have to admit, you've had a lot to say.

Truth needs no defense. If I say the word "the" 1000x, or if I say 1000 words, the difference would be repetition. If I keep saying the same thing about a particular thing, that's not having a lot to say about that particular thing. I respond to questions being asked and comments being made.

Know thyself....

If you want to be happy, be.

-Tolstoy.