Someone here

Nothing will make you happy

169 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Tony Parsons has that effect.

Tony Parsons I guess has that effect on your thinking he has that effect. 

Know thyself....

10 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

That is correct. There is only one way to end the misery and that is finding the key to the infinite internally. 

There's no way to end the misery because it never started. Notice everything is in the future but can never be reached. Go ahead and find the key. You'll be looking infinitely. 

Know thyself....

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's no way to end the misery because it never started. Notice everything is in the future but can never be reached. Go ahead and find the key. You'll be looking infinitely. 

Misery is subjective.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Misery is subjective.

There's no subject. There's no object. Simply what's appearing without meaning or substance. All empty and full simultaneously.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

There's no subject. There's no object. Simply what's appearing without meaning or substance. All empty and full simultaneously.

Well yes.  But that is a subjective point of view.  You cannot escape your own outlook on reality.  No matter how mich you choose.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Well yes.  But that is a subjective point of view.  You cannot escape your own outlook on reality.  No matter how mich you choose.

There's no me choosing. Choosing is happening by no one. Take away all meaning, there's no outlook. Meaning is a construct.

Know thyself....

If anything can appear then misery can appear

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

If anything can appear then misery can appear

Yes, but there's no one to end it. Just like no one started it. Whatever one believes is a cause for their apparent misery, is just a story. There's no time so how can there be a cause for misery to appear. It just appears without meaning.

Know thyself....

8 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's no me choosing. Choosing is happening by no one. Take away all meaning, there's no outlook. Meaning is a construct.

I understand but you exist in a reality where there is a construct.  A subject and an object.  You can go meta on that but in everyday life you cannot tell your boss you were late for work because there isn't a you.  You are confined to the rules of the construct. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yes, but there's no one to end it. Just like no one started it. Whatever one believes is a cause for their apparent misery, is just a story. There's no time so how can there be a cause for misery to appear. It just appears without meaning.

Yes but misery is still misery that’s all I’m saying because some seem to say suffering is illusion like it’s not an appearance like anything else. Doesn’t necessarily need a self to be in physical pain for example . 

Posted (edited)

@Sugarcoat that's a good point.   Physical pain and suffering exists so long as you are in finite form.    If you aren't feeling it then it doesn't exist for you.  But it's only a matter of time before you get old and whither away.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I understand but you exist in a reality where there is a construct.  A subject and an object.  You can go meta on that but in everyday life you cannot tell your boss you were late for work because there isn't a you.  You are confined to the rules of the construct. 

if telling my boss there's no me, that's what happened. Right now you're projecting a future that doesn't exist so it doesn't matter, your words are empty and meaningless. I'm not confined to anything because whatever happens is what happens. The construct is within the dream so how can anything be confined within a dream. It never happened. When you awaken at night from the bear chasing you, did it really happen. No. Same here.

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

if telling my boss there's no me, that's what happened. Right now you're projecting a future that doesn't exist so it doesn't matter, your words are empty and meaningless. I'm not confined to anything because whatever happens is what happens. The construct is within the dream so how can anything be confined within a dream. It never happened. When you awaken at night from the bear chasing you, did it really happen. No. Same here.

OK see how that works out for you.  I guarantee you find meaning when you are supposed to show up for work and you don't.  There will be consequences.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Sugarcoat that's a good point.   Physical pain and suffering exists so long as you are in finite form.    If you aren't feeling it then it doesn't exist for you.  But it's only a matter of time before you get old and whither away.

Yea

And even with mental suffering that people say it’s just a “story” about a self that doesn’t exist. Still that is an appearance. Regardless what is ~actually~ real or not that misery is still appearing and being experienced so it does exist in some way can’t just disregard it. 

Edited by Sugarcoat

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Yea

And even with mental suffering that people say it’s just a “story” about a self that doesn’t exist. Still that is an appearance. Regardless what is ~actually~ real or not that misery is still appearing and being experienced so it does exist in some way can’t just disregard it. 

Its like developing a game and then putting yourself into the game as a finite player.   As the player telling yourself you designed the game doesn't mean much because you have limited yourself and you are now within the confines of the game.  So you will lose hit points and take damage.   And you will feel it completely. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

OK see how that works out for you.  I guarantee you find meaning when you are supposed to show up for work and you don't.  There will be consequences.  

All stories and not what's happening. There's no way I can say what will happen because time doesn't exist. I'm not saying I will tell my boss there's no me, what I'm saying is that's a story in the present which is all there is. So if you want to continue to talk about what may happen and how I will respond when it happens, then sure or we can talk about Santa Claus, makes no difference.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its like developing a game and then putting yourself into the game as a finite player.   As the player telling yourself you designed the game doesn't mean much because you have limited yourself and you are now within the confines of the game.  So you will lose hit points and take damage.   And you will feel it completely. 

Exactly

5 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Yea

No one said otherwise. Ilm not sure what you're disagreeing with. Misery arises, the "person" sees it as their misery and developed a story around it. If I'm feeling misery right now and see it for what it is, just misery appearing then that's all. Feelings will also arise from that misery and pain. If it is just misery and pain without stories then it's just misery and pain. Also feelings. The one that attaches itself to those things will develop stories around those appearances and now that's all imaginary and not real. What's real is the feeling of misery and pain and that's it, until it is no more.

Know thyself....

Suffering is not a sensation. Suffering is mental chatter. Mental chatter is arising and the "I" attaches itself to that mental chatter and now it suffers. When there's no one, that mental chatter means nothing and there's no suffering. @Sugarcoat

Know thyself....

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Its like developing a game and then putting yourself into the game as a finite player.   As the player telling yourself you designed the game doesn't mean anything because you have limited yourself.   So you will lose hit points and take damage.  

Nice story.

Know thyself....