Basman

28 year old girl scheduled to die via AS due to depression

226 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

So what's there to fix. You call an illusion flawed. Flawed implies needing fixing or wrong or isn't right.

No I don't call an illusion a flaw. I can an illusion something that appears to be real but actually isn't. 

Some insights tho can be false. These can be debated and discussed to see how congruent they are. 

Neo advaita is full of such false teachings that are not logically congruent. (sorry for using that word again) 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

I asked hojo how he knew all of what he was saying was so and you respond to me asking me why I think I'm here, I'm nihilistic and that ilm filling a void. Make this make sense to me because I don't get how this is related to my question.

When you asked how someone can know something invisible to the eye, I answered with: Ask yourself. Develop your intuition. Ask reality to bring you the answer.

You tend to trust only what you directly experience, I am the same. This is a way to answer any answerable question.

I am sorry if I worded it in a harsher way than intended, the way you were talking sounded nihilistic. The void wasn't an insult. We are voids that we fill with... I want to say love, but everyone would put something different there.

Edited by BlueOak

5 hours ago, Basman said:

People who are meant to help you tell you to kill yourself essentially

Therapists fail to help many suicidal people. This is nothing new.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

No I don't call an illusion a flaw. I can an illusion something that appears to be real but actually isn't. 

Some insights tho can be false. These can be debated and discussed to see how congruent they are. 

Neo advaita is full of such false teachings that are not logically congruent. (sorry for using that word again) 

All teachings are false; only appears to be true within the dream, because there cannot be any teachings that's true for aliveness when there is no past or future, just what's appearing. Everything is spontaneously appearing and every moment is a new moment not indicative of the previous, no cause or effect only seemingly so because there is no meaning or purpose why life is the way it is. It is utter chaos and it's given meaning by us to try to make sense of it. That's how the apparent ego was constructed and the contracted "I" energy that believes it's separate. It cannot help it because it's a function not a cause. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Millions of people kill themselves each year. How is this any worse?

When it becomes an industry, it is worse. The problem is very big. Society offers little to no solution to the suicide problem, but here no "hollistic suicide (they are going to kill themselves anyway) therapy" solution works, because it's your life you are taking. Normalizing suicide is something I feel is deeply wrong existentially. What you can discover in life even if you are in a bad situation if you choose to consciously rejuvenate. Who knows how many births you took before to be in the place you are now, to be on this planet with somebody who could guide you, let alone find something that gives you liberation from birth and death. All just for this... Unacceptable. Those who found why to live can guide you for those who are suicidal. Those who found something internally will most likely will never commit it. There is an obvious reason why. But such apathy has happened in that person so that you can't reach her. To support killing people is just... horrible. If you want to die. It's your problem, learn to live. This is brutal, incomplete and fucked up, but there is no alternative. But the effort is worth it when you discover something meaningful. It is there. The magic of life is there. Just, please, don't give up on yourself. If you feel suicidal and have nothing to live for, wish for freedom, wish for enlightenment. Wish for God, wish for becoming a sage. Start accepting that maybe what is responsible for your depression is the ignorance of truth and what you have known has only survival utility value but is not what will make you happy. The paradigm we are living from (what the masses think) is bound to make you angry, suicidal, jelous, envious, fearful, powerless and hurt. These ideas usually are empty. But if there are such empty ideas the opposite has to be true for some other ideas and concepts. The journey is brutal, the Dark night of the soul is there. You will sit there with dread, loneliness, numbness and blisslessness, to then start feeling what you really are.

Posted (edited)

@Applegarden8 Quite agree because when suicide get legitimacy, the desperate mind might get locked on that idea and stop trying to challenge itself and to look for solutions out of his depression. Therefore to tell someone that even in theory suicide can be sometimes a valid option is highly irresponsible.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Therapists fail to help many suicidal people. This is nothing new.

Being a bad influence on people is nothing new. That doesn't make it valid somehow. 

21 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

All teachings are false; only appears to be true within the dream, because there cannot be any teachings that's true for aliveness when there is no past or future, just what's appearing. Everything is spontaneously appearing and every moment is a new moment not indicative of the previous, no cause or effect only seemingly so because there is no meaning or purpose why life is the way it is. It is utter chaos and it's given meaning by us to try to make sense of it. That's how the apparent ego was constructed and the contracted "I" energy that believes it's separate. It cannot help it because it's a function not a cause. 

I'm just going to let this go... 

I don't think some of you guys appreciate how hopeless and bad some people's situation is. You can't simply meditate your way out of every situation.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think some of you guys appreciate how hopeless and bad some people's situation is. You can't simply meditate your way out of every situation.

So suicide is the solution? 

And yes, the human body is a deterministic system. We can study the inside out of it. There is a solution.

This is crazy

>She said she was hobbled by her depression and autism and borderline personality disorder

She's basically an overly emotional person that can't figure out success in life and the Dutch government is getting her to kill herself? What the fuck?

I say stuff like Psychedelic therapy with Ketamine and MDMA like is legal now in the US would probably cure that. 

<3

She is going to kill herself because her shrink said that her condition will never get any better.  What he is really saying is that he can’t do anything to help her get better.  But, by that criteria we would all have to die because psychiatrists can’t help anyone get better.    They are mostly useless for most conditions.   But people are willing to put up with any inconvenience to save a dog.  Civilization is going backwards.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

But, by that criteria we would all have to die because psychiatrists can’t help anyone get better. 

I guess getting better means no one dies. 

Know thyself....

I would actually allow her to die. But she should starve herself to death.

Hopefully a week of starvation will bring her back to her senses.

The problem is that these people have lives that are too easy, without even having emotions under control. She should had no real struggles growing up and was all over the place. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

hopeless and bad some people's situation is.

She is in the freaking Netherlands. How bad could it be?

Posted (edited)

We live in the dark ages in terms of spirituality and psychology. Finding a good therapist is very difficult. If you find one you just vibe well with is already a blessing in the sky.

Most therapists finish their education and never continue their education in their own time. So spiritually they are very under equipped. It is the blind leading the blind. They don't know how to deal with Existential stuff because they are mostly SD orange. These people need a God experience to heal and they can't provide it. 

The best secular therapists in my experience are the Jungian ones. But they are hard to find. It is much better than psycho analysis.  

Edited by StarStruck

@Bobby_2021 The problem is her depression and bipolar. For me it was hell to even simply take care care of a person with a severe bipolar sympotoms for 1 day, and I was done, I can't imagine strain it would make on people who interact with that person everyday and on the person themsleves.

5 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

She is in the freaking Netherlands. How bad could it be?

You can live in a golden castle, but if your physical or mental health is messed up then you might as well be living in hell.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can live in a golden castle, but if your physical or mental health is messed up then you might as well be living in hell.

Sometimes I think maybe there is even a reverse correlation between "too good" conditions and too easily fulfilled basic needs, to mental health. Because ironically the modern living standards has taken us away from caring to ourselves and be connected to nature that are very important, and the absense of both in modern life is devastating to mental health. Also the solitude, too strong emphasize on core familiy which is potentially more de-stabilizing than the environment of a tribe which was, I think, more ideal to mental balance.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Indeed, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. Being poor is actually a blessing. Being rich too. If you tasted both that is golden. 

50 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

Sometimes I think maybe there is even a reverse correlation between "too good" conditions and too easily fulfilled basic needs, to mental health. Because ironically the modern living standards has taken us away from caring to ourselves and be connected to nature that are very important, and the absense of both in modern life is devastating to mental health. Also the solitude, too strong emphasize on core familiy which is potentially more de-stabilizing than the environment of a tribe which was, I think, more ideal to mental balance.

We have more time to use our inner monologue.

Back then there was no time for this