Extreme Z7

Gender Fluidity should be an Adult topic

122 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 23/04/2024 at 0:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

Don't over-generalize. Most Green people can appreciate the value of masculinity and femininity without making them some rigid, exclusive, traditional roles.

Can does not mean they do in real life.

On 23/04/2024 at 0:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

If you consume too much online politics then you will get a skewed picture of this situation. Politics and culture wars on social media are not an accurate representation of how people feel about this issue.

I am only referring to discussions I had in real life. I never take online stuff into account. Purely in person talks with people I met in real life.

Keep in mind we are different generations, I am 25 year old and most people I interact with are 28 and younger. Hence they tend to skew into more radical green. I am sure people that are 30+ may be more reasonable. But with people my age, I had the type of conversations that we had.

Also sometimes they will agree on some gender differences but discount others.

Like they might say that "Men are more risk takers" but then will discount the fact that "Men are more visual than women".

It is somewhat random.

I literally had a 18 year old girl (I was like 20 at the time): "The only difference between us is that you have a penis and I have a vagina". But to be honest she was quite extreme.

This is what I am dealing with in my everyday life.

The most common is agreeing on some specific gender differences but discounting most of the others. This I notice a TON.

And I interacted with dozens and dozens of girls that identify as liberals which I met in every day life (I do not go to feminist rallies or anything). Most were from university and expats.

It is a pretty decent pool size. Not 5 people. I live in a pretty Green European Western city, not in the US. Just for clarification.

:D

Edited by Karmadhi

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I literally had a 18 year old girl (I was like 20 at the time): "The only difference between us is that you have a penis and I have a vagina". But to be honest she was quite extreme.

These are not Green people, stop devaluing Green just because some stupid kids parrot green ideas as an ideology. Green will never say that kind of shit. This is pure Blue. The core of Green is relativity, open-mindedness and acceptance of diverse opinons. If they don't know the answer to something, they might say: "I don't know" or even "Maybe we are both right" which is the aperspectival madness Ken Wilber talks about.

Edited by Alexop