fopylo

Leo, do you contemplate about your forum users?

35 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

I know this might seem a bit ridiculous to assume you aren't thinking about your forum that you created and part of your life purpose.

But I notice that you attract many people who just come here to argue. And really dumb down the forum a lot by arguing, criticizing, judging, calling names, who is more "enlightened".

This is really not to talk down on you and what you've created, but I think it's something very valuable to consider and hopefully you won't hate me for saying it.

After all, you can learn a lot about yourself from the people you attract.

Coming in peace brother. If I said anything inappropriate then I didn't mean to.

I've also noticed there's a lot of ego games. The devil will sneak it's way into everything...

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

3 hours ago, fopylo said:

But I notice that you attract many people who just come here to argue. And really dumb down the forum a lot by arguing, criticizing, judging, calling names, who is more "enlightened".

This is really not to talk down on you and what you've created, but I think it's something very valuable to consider and hopefully you won't hate me for saying it.

An open forum is not much different from people on the street. Not much to contemplate there, unless you got some burning insights like you seem to be implying 🤐

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

@fopylo he has said the same things. Its just a path you walk it happens and is almost guranteed to be done by people.

Edited by Hojo

You go to church, same thing, school and college, same thing, neighborhoods same thing, political venues same thing, courts moderate the same thing, families same thing, clubs and bars, same thing. Name one place where humans congregate and it's not the same thing. Maybe in the library, but they're probably reading about it. Lol. Hospitals, they're probably sick because of it. Funerals, probably mourning about it. 

I know where - in mama's womb......wait, the baby is kicking. 

Know thyself....

I argue on here occasionally and I never think about users here when I’m not on it, and rarely think about it at all. Occasionally I’ll bookmark something to maybe share here later but that’s about it.

What am I to do about it? I can't take a heavy hand towards free speech because that would make me a tyrant.

The reality of any social system is that people will fight each other, argue, criticize, and disagree. That's democracy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What am I to do about it? I can't take a heavy hand towards free speech because that would make me a tyrant.

The reality of any social system is that people will fight each other, argue, criticize, and disagree. That's democracy.

You did the best you could by limiting the amount of talk time we have on here per day, which I've come across a few times with my blabbermouth. Hehe. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

limiting the amount of talk time we have on here per day,

There is no limit other than spam and flood controls.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Debate-brainrot is just an unfortunate side effect of general anonymity. If these people who are arguing fiercely about Israel or enlightenment where to argue face to face, they would suddenly be a lot more cordial than they are online. Just how it is.

@Carl-Richard

12 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

An open forum is not much different from people on the street. Not much to contemplate there, unless you got some burning insights like you seem to be implying 🤐

Yeah, but this is not just any open forum with random people totally unrelated to each other. There is a common shared of interest in improving oneself and the life experience. You attract people who are similar to you, and this is why you see people like Andrew Tate attracting people that are similar to him, Eckhart Tolle attracting people similar to him, and I believe with Leo it's a similar case.

I don't have any burning insights.

@Princess Arabia

People who go to business workshops have the commonality of having interest in business and making money. Some differences between them and their personalities, but still relatively similar.

People who are part of a cycling group that meets once a week to ride the bike have a common interest in cycling, fitness, health. There are differences between them but they still have this commonality which implies some similar ways of thinking.

Both of those are choices. They come together because of a shared interest, and you get like minded people.

This is different from people on the street who are complete strangers to you.

Here on actualized.org you don't get "random people from the street". You get people with a shared interest to self actualize, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What am I to do about it?

@Leo Gura

I don't know. Maybe you can learn something about yourself/your teachings from the users you attract?

Even in a democratic system you can learn about the potential problems by observing its people.

16 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

16 hours ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

Reality is smarter than opinions. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, fopylo said:

Yeah, but this is not just any open forum with random people totally unrelated to each other. There is a common shared of interest in improving oneself and the life experience.

In that case, if you want to fix yourself, don't you first have to be broken? 😉

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

55 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Princess Arabia

People who go to business workshops have the commonality of having interest in business and making money. Some differences between them and their personalities, but still relatively similar.

People who are part of a cycling group that meets once a week to ride the bike have a common interest in cycling, fitness, health. There are differences between them but they still have this commonality which implies some similar ways of thinking.

Both of those are choices. They come together because of a shared interest, and you get like minded people.

This is different from people on the street who are complete strangers to you.

Here on actualized.org you don't get "random people from the street". You get people with a shared interest to self actualize, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

People that live on planet earth have and share more similar interests than those who live on Saturn.  Humans that have two feet share more in common than those who only have one. People who listen to rap music share the same interests and have more in common than people that listen to head banging music. I mean, I could keep going with this. This is a sameness VS differences situation. You have taken this philosophy or whatever you call it and twisted it around an it has lost all context.

There are people here who never view the Spirituality section, some never comment on the dating section, the political section the intellectual section. Never ever. Some only comment on one section; and like me, are all over the place but mostly spiritual health and dating. There are people from different countries with different ethnicities, nationalities and race. People with opposite views on the same topics. The only thing in common that each and everyone of the users here share is that we are human and I'm not even sure about that, but that's another discussion.

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Basman said:

Debate-brainrot is just an unfortunate side effect of general anonymity. If these people who are arguing fiercely about Israel or enlightenment where to argue face to face, they would suddenly be a lot more cordial than they are online. Just how it is.

Most people wouldn't even be arguing in the first place face to face.

But for real though, I am a million times more articulate and clear in my thoughts after arguing with strangers here. It's a good stress test to refine your world view.

This forum does a great job in filtering all the low quality stuff and keeping it organic so that conversation on this fourm are as close you can get to an informed real life discussion.

But what's the chance that you will find such great minds in real life and also have their time and also not piss them off ? 

Atleast for now, you can refine your thought process if you are using it well. 

@Carl-Richard

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:
8 hours ago, fopylo said:

In that case, if you want to fix yourself, don't you first have to be broken? 😉

True. Thanks for pointing it out, I haven't thought about this. Perhaps we are all still trying to grow ourselves🙂

@Princess Arabia

People that live on planet earth have and share more similar interests than those who live on Saturn. 

I mean, no one lives on Saturn.

You have taken this philosophy or whatever you call it and twisted it around an it has lost all context.

I'm very sorry (I didn't even know I was doing it 🤐)

The only thing in common that each and everyone of the users here share is that we are human and I'm not even sure about that, but that's another discussion.

We definitely share more than simply being human. I think Carl said it quite well that there are many people like this, no, I won't say people but rather such behaviors here because we all share a commonality of wanting to improve ourselves, and that doesn't necessarily mean we are good people, yet. But I also think people make an identity out of being spiritual and talk more from their head than experience. If you really understand some concept experientially then you can simplify it when explaining.

I'm pretty sure we all are human... Do you mean like bots?

@Bobby_2021

7 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

This forum does a great job in filtering all the low quality stuff and keeping it organic

Can't say I agree on that.

7 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

But what's the chance that you will find such great minds in real life and also have their time and also not piss them off ? 

This forum is not the only place in the universe where you get "the real shit". There are also other places to find great minds.

People do get pissed off, and that's why you need to be more careful when pissing off a mod vs pissing off some common user, this is how it is.