seriousman24

Thinking can be good

7 posts in this topic

Thinking can set you free too, why are some humans so mean to thinking, poor thoughts, can't we just enjoy each others thoughts and even liberate ourselves through them, what's so bad about thoughts and thinking, let me think! It's just as fun as not thinking.

I bet you can even think yourself up to enlightenment or whatever nonsense we all like to babble and think about as an ultimate state to achieve or think yourself out of bad and evil thoughts like the ego and whatever we label as bad.

You can think with and without mediums, no language no visuals and so on and so forth, as far as I'm concerned if you feel/sense anything, that might as well be a thought to me, what do you guys think about thinking? Is thinking bad or good? Is it both? Is it neither?

Who is so scared of thinking? I've always enjoying thinking but it has been quite hard to think about those who seem to want them dead and for those whose thoughts seem to serve material reality, it's all good to me though since all thoughts are just that, I think I just like data and to me thinking is even like physical exercise sometimes, invigorating and refreshing but also goes beyond into the joy of revealing the previously unfathomable.

Posted (edited)

I think that Thinking that thinking can be a good thing is a great thought and something to think aboutz dont you think so?

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Enlightenment cannot he attained through thought, Enlightenment cannot be pointed to without thought. Thought is the path but also the gate, it has to be dropped to pass the gate.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Enlightenment cannot he attained through thought, Enlightenment cannot be pointed to without thought. Thought is the path but also the gate, it has to be dropped to pass the gate.

Very good point😊❤️👍

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I think that Thinking that thinking can be a good thing is a great thought and something to think aboutz dont you think so?

Yes.

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I don't know, I can't even say maybe even though saying that I can't say it is almost the same as saying it.

Posted (edited)

I believe thinking can be fine when placed in the proper context and exercised in an appropriate frequency. It's as if the typical person is compulsively thinking 90% of the time and accidentally experiencing silent awareness 10% of the time. Rumor has it this state of affairs leads them to mechanistically tying their sense of self to the thoughts as opposed to the silent awareness. If this ratio could flip and a person could rest as the Self for the majority of the time, and use their mind intentionally while knowing it's just a tool to be wielded, that's probably closer to the natural state.

Regarding your question about thoughts being used themselves as a tool towards liberation, I remember there are some traditions that do that. Mahasi Sayadaw of Theravadan Buddhism is one example. They use thought to continually mentally note the present moment, thereby leading them to that same experience of silent awareness beyond thought.

Edited by What Am I

3 hours ago, What Am I said:

I believe thinking can be fine when placed in the proper context and exercised in an appropriate frequency. It's as if the typical person is compulsively thinking 90% of the time and accidentally experiencing silent awareness 10% of the time. Rumor has it this state of affairs leads them to mechanistically tying their sense of self to the thoughts as opposed to the silent awareness. If this ratio could flip and a person could rest as the Self for the majority of the time, and use their mind intentionally while knowing it's just a tool to be wielded, that's probably closer to the natural state.

Regarding your question about thoughts being used themselves as a tool towards liberation, I remember there are some traditions that do that. Mahasi Sayadaw of Theravadan Buddhism is one example. They use thought to continually mentally note the present moment, thereby leading them to that same experience of silent awareness beyond thought.

Yeah and I thought it's also a bit closer to leo's kind of vision since it doesn't appear to deny the mind as much as other schools of mysticism seem to, I know there are some schools that are supposed to go through intelligence but I haven't personally seen any information about what that is supposed to look like, even if there are some kind of people who might not be considered conventionally intelligent I believe that kind of path might actually suit them pretty well, when I sit in meditation I often find that the sensations that I feel at least in superficial silence are a lot like just like thoughts, for me thoughts are like regular senses they can just be way more chaotic or instead overly serious and limited in unnecessary ways just like the all other sensations, I can feel but not understand completely how every other sensation affects the sensation of thought and vice versa, thoughts just as more capacity to be continually active and voluntary rather than mostly receptive.

So thinking ends up being our most detached and flexible sensations at first that slowly get tagged to more material sensations and vice versa which will either cause you suffering or bliss which determines the kind of thoughts that happen less or more frequently and of course how the sensation of thought interacts with the other sensations of your own thoughts which include other people. Of course imagination and thought is pretty much the same thing to me too, you can just say it's more wild.