enchanted

Is kundalini real or BS?

46 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, enchanted said:

Is  kriya yoga and kundalini awakening worth the hype? It looks like alot of work for some "energy release". 

Are the warnings for kundalini awakening just marketing to get people interested? 

From what I've read, kundalini is a distraction, but yeah, real.

-1/12 is Infinity 

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

From what I've read, kundalini is a distraction, but yeah, real.

Life is a distraction.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

35 minutes ago, Davino said:

Yep. In that line, Mantak chia works with Kundalini but from the chinese tradition. Taoism has a full tradition to work on Kundalini also.

I prefer taoist sexual practices and maybe Qigong but for pure spirituality, kundalini yoga is more potent. The chinese tradition is more natural while the indian more explosive.

It's interesting Taoism (and most of Buddhism for that matter) don't seem to teach a term and concept directly equivalent to kundalini, though they do teach about the vital energy associated with it. It seems to me that real kundalini awakening is a stand-alone mechanism itself, at least worthy of a name lol. Perhaps it's due to the potential dangers.

Kundalini awakening is real, so is the energy everyone talks about. Its a tangible energy that comes alive taking over your entire body and mind. I've been dealing with it for 3 years now.

The warnings are real and you should listen to them, the symptoms have ruined my life, they are completely debilitating. It doesn't have to turn out like this but it has for me. I progressed down this spiritual path too fast and too young. 

The more mature you are the less hassle you will have with kundalini, some people have a very blissful transition into this new state of being, but don't expect that you will.

2 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Kundalini awakening is real, so is the energy everyone talks about. Its a tangible energy that comes alive taking over your entire body and mind. I've been dealing with it for 3 years now.

The warnings are real and you should listen to them, the symptoms have ruined my life, they are completely debilitating. It doesn't have to turn out like this but it has for me. I progressed down this spiritual path too fast and too young. 

The more mature you are the less hassle you will have with kundalini, some people have a very blissful transition into this new state of being, but don't expect that you will.

Was yours due to psychedelic use?

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

@Davino QiGong and Toaism is Chinese while Kundalini Yoga is Indian no? 

Yes

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

4 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Was yours due to psychedelic use?

I'll DM you if you want, I don't want to publicly open up about my personal experience until I'm over my symptoms.

3 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

I'll DM you if you want, I don't want to publicly open up about my personal experience until I'm over my symptoms.

That's cool, whatever you'd like to share or not share is fine.

To give a bit from my side, I experienced kundalini syndrome to a minor and intermittent degree during my first year of weekly 5-MeO-DMT use. It'd always happen for a few days to a week after usage. Especially near the beginning, I would have some pretty gnarly symptoms. It's like I was forcefully pulled into the moment to a ridiculous degree by a raw electrical energy I could feel throughout my body. That might sound cool to some, but anyone who's had the symptoms knows it's like an unpleasant and extreme fight or flight response. It's truly like tripping when sober, and the lines between them blur. During one especially difficult bout, my resting heart rate was ~140 bpm for 6 days straight and I had insomnia the whole time. It was not comfortable in the least. I'm pretty sure it has to do with an atrophied aspect of the nervous system that wasn't yet up to spec to deal with the increased demand of more life energy.

Thankfully I adapted and that no longer happens. I bet if you can keep hope and stay strong, the same may happen for you one day. It sounds like you had one of those deeper kundalini awakenings like in Gopi Krishna's book, "Living with Kundalini". I must admit, I can't imagine what that would be like. But Gopi Krishna did eventually adapt.

On a side note, most people in the 5meo community would call those reactivations. I don't think they realize it's actually kundalini syndrome. It was only when I had my first "reactivation" that I realized what it actually was.

7 minutes ago, What Am I said:

It's like I was forcefully pulled into the moment to a ridiculous degree by a raw electrical energy I could feel throughout my body. That might sound cool to some, but anyone who's had the symptoms knows it's like an unpleasant and extreme fight or flight response. It's truly like tripping when sober, and the lines between them blur. During one especially difficult bout, my resting heart rate was ~140 bpm for 6 days straight and I had insomnia the whole time. It was not comfortable in the least.

Yes, this is a very accurate description of what its been like for me, heart rate and everything. I think what happens with 5 meo is that its such a powerful experience that your consciousness remains expanded for days after and starts to nudge at the conflicts in the subconscious mind which causes the symptoms, its just that with 5meo if you have enough time in-between trips your ego will just collapse back to how it was before, with a full awakening that expansion never retracts to what it was before, at which point you just have to integrate and live with it.

17 minutes ago, What Am I said:

On a side note, most people in the 5meo community would call those reactivations. I don't think they realize it's actually kundalini syndrome. It was only when I had my first "reactivation" that I realized what it actually was.

yeah, I've thought this as well, the "reactivations" people talk about describe kundalini symptoms to a T.

4 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Yes, this is a very accurate description of what its been like for me, heart rate and everything. I think what happens with 5 meo is that its such a powerful experience that your consciousness remains expanded for days after and starts to nudge at the conflicts in the subconscious mind which causes the symptoms, its just that with 5meo if you have enough time in-between trips your ego will just collapse back to how it was before, with a full awakening that expansion never retracts to what it was before, at which point you just have to integrate and live with it.

Right, I can confirm this is not the degree it awakened for me. But I've heard of it happening in books, videos, forums, etc. I remember reading a post from at least one other member on this forum who also described it. I'm sure it feels like a curse now, but I sincerely hope it becomes a blessing for you later.

5 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I'm sure it feels like a curse now, but I sincerely hope it becomes a blessing for you later.

Yeah haha a curse is exactly what it feels like at this point. My hairs falling out and everything from the constant stress.

Its not been all bad. The 1% of bliss I have experienced has been enough to keep me going, its not just a bodily feeling, its a creative soar that lights up your whole world.

And thanks for the kind words, things have been looking up recently anyway, I think I've figured out the cause of my symptoms, they've mellowed when I explored this avenue which is a good sign.

28 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Yeah haha a curse is exactly what it feels like at this point. My hairs falling out and everything from the constant stress.

Its not been all bad. The 1% of bliss I have experienced has been enough to keep me going, its not just a bodily feeling, its a creative soar that lights up your whole world.

And thanks for the kind words, things have been looking up recently anyway, I think I've figured out the cause of my symptoms, they've mellowed when I explored this avenue which is a good sign.

That's so interesting, and it's familiar to what I've read about other full kundalini awakenings. My understanding is it's essentially an awakening of your unconscious/superconscious into your conscious experience. That'd explain the wellspring of creativity, since your individual expression as Francis777 is now a more robust tap into the source of all things. If you're thinking the cause of your symptoms could at least partially relate to baggage in your subconscious mind becoming illuminated and more apparent, that certainly seems plausible.

It's definitely real, 3 years ago I didn't know if it was real or if chakras and the third eye etc were real and they are. Taking a psychedelic can actually trigger a kundalini awakening (happened to me when I took shrooms and an edible within 24 hours of each other). I was caught unawares when it happened and it completely changed the way I looked at life. So this is why I say, investigate and explore and discover for yourself. It doesn't matter what we say, it matters what you verify. Until you verify it, it's b.s. even if you believe its true because you never verified it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

13 hours ago, enchanted said:

Is  kriya yoga and kundalini awakening worth the hype? It looks like alot of work for some "energy release". 

Are the warnings for kundalini awakening just marketing to get people interested? 

It's real. But the question for you is, will you practice it enough to awaken it? ;) Find a legit guru and he will awaken if for you, you will just need to do the practice.

Mahadev

Posted (edited)

It might be a destined path for some and not for others. I know people who respond extremely well to kundalini yoga and Shaktipat (transmission of kundalini from teacher to student). Personally, I got Shaktipat from Jan Esmann, and I didn't feel a single thing. DId Kriya supreme fire as well and just got some headaches instead of bliss. 

Kundalini itself is real; it manifests as a snake-type condensed love at the bottom of your spine, and when it awakens and enters your spine, there's insane bliss and beauty. It feels like having sex with God because it enters you at the perineum and it actually feels like a snake-type condensed love is entering the spine. 

You can unlock it through simple silence, there is no need for any special techniques. 

Edited by CoolDreamThanks

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

22 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

It might be a destined path for some and not for others. I know people who respond extremely well to kundalini yoga and Shaktipat (transmission of kundalini from teacher to student). Personally, I got Shaktipat from Jan Esmann, and I didn't feel a single thing. DId Kriya supreme fire as well and just got some headaches instead of bliss. 

Kundalini itself is real; it manifests as a snake-type condensed love at the bottom of your spine, and when it awakens and enters your spine, there's insane bliss and beauty. It feels like having sex with God because it enters you at the perineum and it actually feels like a snake-type condensed love is entering the spine. 

You can unlock it through simple silence, there is no need for any special techniques. 

Yes I see now it's real. Any advice to over come it?

6 minutes ago, enchanted said:

Yes I see now it's real. Any advice to over come it?

Overcome what exactly? 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

40 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Overcome what exactly? 

The effects of the Kundalini yoga. I tried it today and its not letting me sleep

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, enchanted said:

The effects of the Kundalini yoga. I tried it today and its not letting me sleep

Masturbate more, overeat nutritious foods (proper ratio of carbs, fats, proteins), avoid strong daylight when possible, learn to adopt sub-optimal hunched-over postures, perpetually tighten the left side of your abdomen (even when falling asleep), constantly distract yourself with your phone or conceptual thinking, sleep on your stomach. Your goal is to reinstate a suitable level of contracted energy in all of your daily behaviors.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.