Danioover9000

J.K. Rowling has lost the plot.

21 posts in this topic

It's so blatantly transphobic what she's doing, this combination of Moot and Bailey fallacy whilst straw manning trans people is insane:

2-5% out of the world population are born with gender dysphoria, a condition which the masculine/feminine polarity is inverted in the mind/body problem, or psycho/somatic nature of your being. For instance some humans born into male bodies do have way more female mind natures, and vice versa with some human born into female bodies having more masculine minds. The main problem with Rowling's takes in Twitters is her generalization hatred, straw manning and framing of all trans people and even some LGBTQ groups them either supporting rapists or are rapists themselves. The main problem with her argument here is how it gives cover to the ultra far right nationalists and heterosexuals who already have a deep hatred for not just the leftists but for minority groups, these groups of far rights already have little to no moral qualms about further justifying demonizing, harming and even killing trans or LGBTQ groups. Rowling is providing cover for these types which IMO is the real evil she's doing here! And unfortunately this is lost in this whole polarization of wokeism ideology versus the other political groups.

Posted (edited)

JK Rowling is hardcore anti trans. Trans in sports, where you have these huge guys beating biological females, I’m not for. And these horrid trans men who are getting press, like the ones in female change rooms in gyms, flashing their penis in front of everyone and young girls, is not doing their movement any favours. 

My trans friends aren’t like that, they are humble and kind and very mindful of the situation. 

Non binary friends are all emotionally sad, if someone misgenders them or uses the wrong pronoun it’s crying tears. I think there is a lot going on there that needs some deep, psychiatric counselling. I called one of them beautiful, and they cried because i misgendered them by overly feminising them. (They are model level,  good looking)

It’s difficult to expect society at this moment in time to fully accept this. The backlash is going to be big. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

The irony is that she is famous for creating a world where wizards use magic to turn into witches, and cats. 

It's also funny seeing Catholics hate on  transpeople when they believe Jesus can turn into a cookie. 

@Merkabah Star if people start crying cause you mis gender them or compliment them it has nothing to do with gender.

@Merkabah Star

17 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

JK Rowling is hardcore anti trans. Trans in sports, where you have these huge guys beating biological females, I’m not for. And these horrid trans men who are getting press, like the ones in female change rooms in gyms, flashing their penis in front of everyone and young girls, is not doing their movement any favours. 

My trans friends aren’t like that, they are humble and kind and very mindful of the situation. 

Non binary friends are all emotionally sad, if someone misgenders them or uses the wrong pronoun it’s crying tears. I think there is a lot going on there that needs some deep, psychiatric counselling. I called one of them beautiful, and they cried because i misgendered them by overly feminising them. (They are model level,  good looking)

It’s difficult to expect society at this moment in time to fully accept this. The backlash is going to be big. 

Yeah she's hardcore anti Trans like it'll take a reincarnation to deal with that level of fear and hatred. Also agree those sexual predators calling themselves trans are the bad apples of that movement, and they shouldn't be used as representative of all trans people. It's super silly these ultra far rights and even Rowling continue this angle. I can relate and empathize with the misgendering, got misidentified as a Jew for having a certain nose in my high school, like come on. 

@enchanted

3 hours ago, enchanted said:

The irony is that she is famous for creating a world where wizards use magic to turn into witches, and cats. 

It's also funny seeing Catholics hate on  transpeople when they believe Jesus can turn into a cookie. 

I agree, the irony is deep. Don't know about my best friend Jesus Christ turning into a cookie though.

@Hojo

7 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Merkabah Star if people start crying cause you mis gender them or compliment them it has nothing to do with gender.

Doesn't mean necessarily that mis gendering didn't play a role in their crying or outburst or feeling offended/triggered. It's like if I called you a whitey or white boy, or white bunny, it's racially derogatory of me, even though you yourself don't identify as a whitey bunny.

No need to give your attention to a hateful fantasy.

@Yimpa

22 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

No need to give your attention to a hateful fantasy.

Ignorance is bliss.

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Ignorance is bliss.

Yep. Ignoring hateful people is bliss. Can be using attention in much more useful ways.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Merkabah Star

Yeah she's hardcore anti Trans like it'll take a reincarnation to deal with that level of fear and hatred. Also agree those sexual predators calling themselves trans are the bad apples of that movement, and they shouldn't be used as representative of all trans people. It's super silly these ultra far rights and even Rowling continue this angle. I can relate and empathize with the misgendering, got misidentified as a Jew for having a certain nose in my high school, like come on. 

The in fighting in the lgbti+ groups in high too. A non binary friend who went to London pride last year and couldn’t get a ticket to an event, the only way was to be a volunteer which gave you a pass, so Lisa filled out the forms  and when it got to what’s your preferred pronoun Lisa doesn’t identify being called They Them, obviously doesn’t want to be called she. So the organisers had a huge fight with Lisa over it and wouldn’t let it go, Lisa was saying I’m just LIsa i dont identify with any pronouns.. so they said Lisa cant be a volunteer at this big pride event. lol. Lisa also questioned something about the trans movement being a bit radical to a friend group and now everyone is calling Lisa anti trans. 

It’s a shit show out there. 😂😂

Edited by Merkabah Star

I noticed it over 20 years ago. I was born with gonadal disgenesis but got lumped into the trans category by the doctors who at the time didn’t have much of a clue. I didn’t have phones or computers back then and there was nothing in the media. I was on my own with nothing to influence me. I knew what I was and that’s not what people were seeing externally and that was the greatest source of frustration turning to a raging anger. It felt like deliberate offense and disrespect but I know better now. Dissolving further till the ego was gone completely showed that this avatar contained biology of both male and female and that is just the way it is. There was a purpose and it has taught me a lot. 

never mind feeling something was off with myself but when I was put in touch with the small support group in my country I got the head bitten off me for asking simple questions as to what could be causing the condition. Fine I had it but I wanted to know why. Any suggestion or wanting to start a conversation to hash out possibilities ended in me being cast out of the group and ignored. This was 20 years ago when I was the youngest in the country to be treated. 

I also noticed with the lgbt scene in the city that people’s personas changed to fit a particular type of mannerism or expectation to ‘belong’ and I backed away from that too as I just wanted to reintegrate back into society, not further my exclusivity from it. Go back to normalcy as a man and not be skipping about the place identifying as ‘trans’.( people can do that if they want but I don’t agree with it.)

i spoke with the head of the gender clinic here who noticed sudden change in the demographic since about 2014 and we’re basically looking at a phenomena called ‘Rapid onset gender dysphoria’ that may or may not be associated with genuine occurrences of transgenderism. ( there is a problem there in teens in particular with a link to autism in allot of cases.) it’s speculated to be a result of normalising the condition to integrate a very small group of people into society safely but it seems to have backfired in the way they are teaching it in schools in particular which leaves kids with the expectation they must be trans if they feel a bit of discomfort in themselves coming into their teens. 

this is made worse by the change in the diagnostic and treatment models adopted by the clinics. In my day there was a strict set of protocols and diagnosis criteria that had to be met including history of persistent claim of the sexual identity that had to be proven for two years after diagnosis before any treatment could be given. The model now is affirmation that just accepts a kids declaration with no question or medical investigation and no previous claims of the identity being persistent in childhood, it just suddenly appears! The previous model was at least able to filter out psychiatric issues. 

there was a fight to stop the long wait for treatment as there were individuals including myself who were literally on suicide watch cause we couldn’t take it anymore.( if I had been told I would be 27 by the time all my treatment would be completed… the Dysphoria was so severe it wouldn’t have been worth living) thankfully I was transferred to a European clinic and it was decided I would be treated immediately.  I spent the next ten years trying to get legal recognition which eventually happened so I’m currently living life, married my wife, own a business and a house. No one knows about my condition because I don’t use it or identify with it. The last thing I wanted was for the whole thing to blow up into a high profile issue making it look like there are thousands of us taking over. It’s simply not true. 

the current problem with the rise in kids and teens coupled with the isolated perverted cases being extrapolated into the entire community has turned what was going so well, into a complete shit show. The negligence and lack of care in clinic now days is completely unacceptable. Activists see it as an attack on the trans community but no one is bothering to notice that there are kids getting hurt! The closure of the clinic in the uk has left genuine cases without treatment so they are getting hurt by all this fighting too. People are just swinging from one extreme to another without looking at the situation, it’s all fuelled by ideology, beliefs and emotion. 

the argument Rowling makes perplexed me when I first heard it and that was that her identity as a woman was being attacked and recategorised. I found it amusing that her complaint basically insinuated that another person external to herself was defining her own ability to declare or recognise herself as a woman. That sounds like a lack of self confidence and blaming the fact that there are different types of women appearing out there. 

I understand how she sees it but it is predominantly hateful. She doesn’t seem to understand Radcliffe and tompsons upset because they have friends who are trans. People they hang out with who have never hurt them and it is upsetting to see them being labelled as some abomination or threat to mankind.

im fully aware of the self centred nature of some of these people but they are reacting in a defensive manner as the generational trauma of the group hasn’t had the space to heal yet. This new onslaught of the trans community has poked an already wounded beast so to speak and we see activists and some lgbt individuals getting quite violent as a result. I understand why but it’s still no excuse for the behaviour. I didn’t spend ten years of my life fighting in court for a legal right to recognition for the next generation to wipe their identities in everyone’s face. I’m deeply disappointed. 

it’s also disturbing to sit in plant medicine ceremonies and be a part of that ‘spiritual’ community listening to religion and right wing  sentiments influence and infiltrate the community. Watching people I have a deep love for suddenly go on trans topic as I sit in the corner thinking if I were to ever say a word about my own story, I would be in immediate danger of being attacked due to the level of disgust and anger being vented by them.

Posted (edited)

@Danioover9000That is correct and I am guilty. I have a woman's job and work only with women and I am sensitive to it. Someone said something to me about being a woman because I worked at where I worked and I did feel angry and corrected them sternly.

But this is nothing to reinforce its negative. Its something we all have to get over to evolve.

A confident believer in themselves would not and should not even care. It shows weak underlying values in yourself.

Edited by Hojo

The price of my estradiol is about the price one Harry Potter book.

Let me consume some estradiol in honor of JK Rowling :D

I never find anybody able to demonstrate me how JK is really transphobic.

All i've seen is a kind of scepticisme and an hystrical reaction of some LGBT, and the real goal behind seems basically drama craving.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Yimpa said:

The price of my estradiol is about the price one Harry Potter book.

Let me consume some estradiol in honor of JK Rowling :D

E2 is ego on powder. Everyone hates people high in E2, whether it's bodybuilders on steroids, men on clomid or women before ovulation.

If you don't want to become a raving hysteric, cycle the progesterone.

If men here want know how it feels to be oestrogenic, take 25mg of clomid everyday for at lest a weak, look what's going on when the zuclomiphene hit.

Clomid is antioestrogenic on the pituitary gland but very oestrogenic ond the rest of the brain.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I never find anybody able to demonstrate me how JK is really transphobic.

All i've seen is a kind of scepticisme and an hystrical reaction of some LGBT, and the real goal behind seems basically drama craving.

It’s more a case that she’s approaching the issue from a very narrow perspective and applying it across the board. From the comments I’ve heard her making it seems she perceives it as a personal threat to her own identity or the identity of women without thinking about the biological variants in our species or the realisation of conceptual constructs which are the complexity that emerge from many simplex/ dimorphic sexual structures throughout the body.  The sudden and very liberal change of political attitude, while well intentioned, has inadvertently caused a free for all so disingenuous opportunists have been allowed through without a filter ( this filter was part of the original diagnostic and treatment model). What jk and others are pointing out is this issue but they are so frustrated with no one listening that they have become angry and hateful applying the issue to genuine cases as well which comes across as trying to stamp them all out of society. Whether she is aware of the difference I don’t know but it doesn’t seem that way. It’s like the sudden change of attitude of people against Muslims after 9/11. Suddenly because of a few extremist bad eggs, the whole community is suspect? That’s flawed thinking. 

I do agree that lgbt members or people who identify with it do have a highly sensitive and victim like mentality but as I’ve said already, individuals in the community have been subject to descrimination in history so collectively the lot are still suffering from generational trauma and haven’t been given the space to heal from it. From a higher perspective they are so Intrenched in ego and identity which is the core of the problem, it makes it far harder to ‘awaken’ from that, let go and heal. 

Edited by Adrian colby

Trans people are human beings like the rest of us nobody should harass them, that seems obvious. But his issue is so overblown and there is a lot of bullshit around it, against which J.K. Rowling speaks out. Personally, if I was her I wouldn't pick that fight, just doesn't seem that important, but it's her right to have her say on this issue. J.K. Rowling is most definitely a reasonable and intelligent woman. 

@Adrian colby

4 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

It’s more a case that she’s approaching the issue from a very narrow perspective and applying it across the board. From the comments I’ve heard her making it seems she perceives it as a personal threat to her own identity or the identity of women without thinking about the biological variants in our species or the realisation of conceptual constructs which are the complexity that emerge from many simplex/ dimorphic sexual structures throughout the body.  The sudden and very liberal change of political attitude, while well intentioned, has inadvertently caused a free for all so disingenuous opportunists have been allowed through without a filter ( this filter was part of the original diagnostic and treatment model). What jk and others are pointing out is this issue but they are so frustrated with no one listening that they have become angry and hateful applying the issue to genuine cases as well which comes across as trying to stamp them all out of society. Whether she is aware of the difference I don’t know but it doesn’t seem that way. It’s like the sudden change of attitude of people against Muslims after 9/11. Suddenly because of a few extremist bad eggs, the whole community is suspect? That’s flawed thinking. 

I do agree that lgbt members or people who identify with it do have a highly sensitive and victim like mentality but as I’ve said already, individuals in the community have been subject to descrimination in history so collectively the lot are still suffering from generational trauma and haven’t been given the space to heal from it. From a higher perspective they are so Intrenched in ego and identity which is the core of the problem, it makes it far harder to ‘awaken’ from that, let go and heal. 

True. In fact if I was viewing J.K Rowling's mind, and being brutally honest of her position, her position and argument is really this: "I was sexually traumatized by a male sexual predator in some bathroom, now I carry that trauma, and I fear the government trying to normalize sexual predatory behavior and men pretending to be trans to be pervy with girls and women. I really fear that because that happened to me and I fear others will become like me, so ALL Trans and some LGBTQ groups are to blame." THAT IS HER HONEST POSITION! This explains her hundreds of tweets Rowling does in Twitter, also she's a victim of social media brain rot and twitter mind fuck, just like others overusing Twitter.

@Adrian colby

15 hours ago, Adrian colby said:

I noticed it over 20 years ago. I was born with gonadal disgenesis but got lumped into the trans category by the doctors who at the time didn’t have much of a clue. I didn’t have phones or computers back then and there was nothing in the media. I was on my own with nothing to influence me. I knew what I was and that’s not what people were seeing externally and that was the greatest source of frustration turning to a raging anger. It felt like deliberate offense and disrespect but I know better now. Dissolving further till the ego was gone completely showed that this avatar contained biology of both male and female and that is just the way it is. There was a purpose and it has taught me a lot. 

never mind feeling something was off with myself but when I was put in touch with the small support group in my country I got the head bitten off me for asking simple questions as to what could be causing the condition. Fine I had it but I wanted to know why. Any suggestion or wanting to start a conversation to hash out possibilities ended in me being cast out of the group and ignored. This was 20 years ago when I was the youngest in the country to be treated. 

I also noticed with the lgbt scene in the city that people’s personas changed to fit a particular type of mannerism or expectation to ‘belong’ and I backed away from that too as I just wanted to reintegrate back into society, not further my exclusivity from it. Go back to normalcy as a man and not be skipping about the place identifying as ‘trans’.( people can do that if they want but I don’t agree with it.)

i spoke with the head of the gender clinic here who noticed sudden change in the demographic since about 2014 and we’re basically looking at a phenomena called ‘Rapid onset gender dysphoria’ that may or may not be associated with genuine occurrences of transgenderism. ( there is a problem there in teens in particular with a link to autism in allot of cases.) it’s speculated to be a result of normalising the condition to integrate a very small group of people into society safely but it seems to have backfired in the way they are teaching it in schools in particular which leaves kids with the expectation they must be trans if they feel a bit of discomfort in themselves coming into their teens. 

this is made worse by the change in the diagnostic and treatment models adopted by the clinics. In my day there was a strict set of protocols and diagnosis criteria that had to be met including history of persistent claim of the sexual identity that had to be proven for two years after diagnosis before any treatment could be given. The model now is affirmation that just accepts a kids declaration with no question or medical investigation and no previous claims of the identity being persistent in childhood, it just suddenly appears! The previous model was at least able to filter out psychiatric issues. 

there was a fight to stop the long wait for treatment as there were individuals including myself who were literally on suicide watch cause we couldn’t take it anymore.( if I had been told I would be 27 by the time all my treatment would be completed… the Dysphoria was so severe it wouldn’t have been worth living) thankfully I was transferred to a European clinic and it was decided I would be treated immediately.  I spent the next ten years trying to get legal recognition which eventually happened so I’m currently living life, married my wife, own a business and a house. No one knows about my condition because I don’t use it or identify with it. The last thing I wanted was for the whole thing to blow up into a high profile issue making it look like there are thousands of us taking over. It’s simply not true. 

the current problem with the rise in kids and teens coupled with the isolated perverted cases being extrapolated into the entire community has turned what was going so well, into a complete shit show. The negligence and lack of care in clinic now days is completely unacceptable. Activists see it as an attack on the trans community but no one is bothering to notice that there are kids getting hurt! The closure of the clinic in the uk has left genuine cases without treatment so they are getting hurt by all this fighting too. People are just swinging from one extreme to another without looking at the situation, it’s all fuelled by ideology, beliefs and emotion. 

the argument Rowling makes perplexed me when I first heard it and that was that her identity as a woman was being attacked and recategorised. I found it amusing that her complaint basically insinuated that another person external to herself was defining her own ability to declare or recognise herself as a woman. That sounds like a lack of self confidence and blaming the fact that there are different types of women appearing out there. 

I understand how she sees it but it is predominantly hateful. She doesn’t seem to understand Radcliffe and tompsons upset because they have friends who are trans. People they hang out with who have never hurt them and it is upsetting to see them being labelled as some abomination or threat to mankind.

im fully aware of the self centred nature of some of these people but they are reacting in a defensive manner as the generational trauma of the group hasn’t had the space to heal yet. This new onslaught of the trans community has poked an already wounded beast so to speak and we see activists and some lgbt individuals getting quite violent as a result. I understand why but it’s still no excuse for the behaviour. I didn’t spend ten years of my life fighting in court for a legal right to recognition for the next generation to wipe their identities in everyone’s face. I’m deeply disappointed. 

it’s also disturbing to sit in plant medicine ceremonies and be a part of that ‘spiritual’ community listening to religion and right wing  sentiments influence and infiltrate the community. Watching people I have a deep love for suddenly go on trans topic as I sit in the corner thinking if I were to ever say a word about my own story, I would be in immediate danger of being attacked due to the level of disgust and anger being vented by them.

Thanks for the long post and sharing your experience, it must be tough.

IMO if I summarized J.K Rowling's position, it's this: Strongly identified as a woman, was sexually traumatized in a public bathroom, now I blame most groups who explicitly and implicitly support sexual predatory behavior, getting males into female public bathrooms and changerooms. Plus, she is a victim of social media brain rot, and addicted to Twitter, and cannot make a more interesting story past Harry Potter types of books, can't go past the high fantasy genre she as a writer excels at. She's so hateful and triggered that she even went after some of the Harry Potter actors for just voicing their support for Trans movement, and some who showed a little bit support. Like come on, get help, get therapy, touch grass Rowling!😁