Someone here

Law of attraction is real

52 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ryoko said:

If you think you need to pursue it, by all means, do it. Osho often used the analogy of celibate monks being perverted, because of repression. But that's not really true. If anything, they are making a true effort to go beyond it. Repressing is also part of the process. 

What about spiritual repression? You want to feel ONENESS, but you deny yourself that pleasure everytime. How is that a fair game? Infact, by saying you want material things before spiritual is utter stupidity. Because you're putting one above the other. Here, you're saying, spiritual things are secondary

Celibate Monks being perverted only happens because their experience of life is still body based, they have not gone beyond the body and mind, when they do then they experience something more fantastic than bodily sex orgasms and such body pleasures, that is true Brahmacharya, you are not denying yourself anything, because You have experience life beyond Body and Mind, this is Bliss and that takes away the need to search for simple pleasures...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

LOA is suspicious.

Why would "the universe" want what's best for people? The universe isn't alive. it has no consciousness.

Why would the universe just give people what they want? 

It seems too good to be true. Maybe it's some dark energy or some fad/scam made by demon-worshippers or something. 

People will and should desire things, but this requires hard work and energy. Not wishing and thinking and being happy. 

The universe don't give a shit. This is attraction, it doesn't say what that attraction is or how someone subjectively would place judgements or categorize that flavor of attraction as "good", "bad", "positive", "negative" or something completely different. 

That judgment is an outer layer of experience being placed on top of being.

And, nowhere does this negate hard work, if that's what is occurring. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

The universe don't give a shit. This is attraction, it doesn't say what that attraction is or how someone subjectively would place judgements or categorize that flavor of attraction as "good", "bad", "positive", "negative" or something completely different. 

That judgment is an outer layer of experience being placed on top of being.

And, nowhere does this negate hard work, if that's what is occurring. 

LOA is based on the universe providing. There is no "universe", not in the sense that it's purported by LOA practitioners. You don't get what the LOA is then. 

Edited by bebotalk

And yet, universe does provide. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Just now, Eph75 said:

And yet, universe does provide. 

Does it? the entire practice seems too good to be true. 

thar's just my opinion on it. And it's probably some darker scam behind it. 

But judging from your post, you don't get what the LOA is about at its rudiments, yet you critique such. 

Posted (edited)

Everything is already Provided and is there.. Just a simple example we produce more than enough food for everyone on the planet but not everyone is eating, plenty are starving and food goes to waste, this is not Due to the Universe not providing, its Us Human doing stupid things, and being Unconscious in nature, otherwise there is no Lack of Anything, just Abundance!

Its all has to do with Realization, not many are Realizing the abundance we have already, there is no need to want to manifest anything, for Us as Individuals we can Realize the Reality of our Existence and create the Experience you want to feel within Yourself at any time, that potential is there but few Realize it, so they live by accident and look outside themselves for things they can manifest or gather easily around them if Realization was in the masses that would be the case, its not so we have what we have! 

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@bebotalk

I'd love to hear your breakdown of LOA. 

To me it's very simple. It's the "game" of energies, and the attraction or amplification of that which we ourself invest into that "game". It's nothing magical, it's not concrete per se, yet it manifests that which is concrete from a subjective pov. It's subjectively observable, it's possible to experiment with. It's always at play, knowingly or unknowingly. The "universe" (no point in reading into what the universe might be interpreted as being) provides an attraction of equivalent energies (no point in going into what those might be, or the "charge" they carry, in those terms the "universe" does not value either or). 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

you must

you must start with the material before the spiritual. 

^

4 hours ago, ryoko said:

Here, you're saying, spiritual things are secondary

is Karma or God or whatever is downright convoluted belief system that you've picked up from the Buddhist tradition ..and which have zero evidence backing it up .

karma is not some kind of magic, it's when you realize everything is your making. Everything! The entire world.

Edited by ryoko

Posted (edited)

"Law of Attraction" is an unfortunate name. It should be called the "Law of Attention". Anything you pay attention to or dedicate time to, either intentionally or compulsively, will grow in your mind in some way, and what grows in your mind will manifest in your life in some way. It can be positive or negative relative to any goal or standard you might have. But, especially for the intentional part, the particular way it happens is not so straightforward. That is mostly up to you and how much intelligence you're willing to put into it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Law of Attraction" is an unfortunate name. It should be called the "Law of Attention". Anything you pay attention to or dedicate time to, either intentionally or compulsively, will grow in your mind in some way, and what grows in your mind will manifest in your life in some way. It can also be positive or negative relative to any goal or standard you might have. But, especially for the intentional part, the particular way it happens is not so straightforward. That is mostly up to you and how much intelligence you're willing to apply to it.

No, it's really about asking providence to lead us to some goal. :ph34r::)

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

On 14.4.2024 at 8:06 PM, Schizophonia said:

No, it's really about asking providence to lead us to some goal. :ph34r::)

That's called pursuing a goal.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nobody cares about an unembedded link 👎

:/

I dont know how to do that, i probably changed something somewhere.  👨🏻‍🦳

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

That's called setting a goal.

Yes but this is about getting it with a first class ticket.

Having a goal and asking God to lead us to it are two different things.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Someone here said:

Give an example please 

I don't understand with that mean .

Let say I wish that it'll rain tomorrow because I want my crops to grow, but you wish for it not to rain because you want to go hiking. Who will "win"?

12 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

There are no two people. Its your thought two people wishing. And obviously there will be circumstances to confirm that thought. But circumstances doesn't matter.

That's true. So are you saying that only I can manifest, because there's no others who could?

Edited by Inception

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

LOA comes from an Experience of Lack, which is common nowadays, we're very spoiled lol, we have more comforts and convenience than ever but want more, this is Desiring Process but only in physical/mental arena, you'll never satisfy that need in that arena, have to go beyond it and then one can be unbounded in their experience and no Lacking in anything...

LOA is at play at a much more fundamental level than desire. For example, if you are positive and creative, you attract more positive and creative people, accelerating one's own manifestation. It doesn't have to be fueled by desire, neither deficieny needs nor becoming needs. 

A interesting factor is that when wanting something too much, the neediness generated is emitting a negative vibration, repelling positive vibration, creating the opposite effect of what one wants.

Equally, operating from a place of freedom without attachment to particular outcomes, emits positive energies which attracts and makes it easier to get alignment with others that amplifies the opportunities and possibilities to manifest effects that align with ones values. 

These are very real effects.

The asking for something concrete desire, the actual effect is in the subtle and intangible being that is happening under the apparent surface, and has less to do with an actual thing desired. 

Posted (edited)

"What you think, you become." - Gautama.

I'm not talking about a belief system. Leaving the fantasizing aside, there might be a principle at play here. As a small example, pay attention whenever you start the day angry, distracted, etc., and carry that out throughout the day. What consequences does this disposition have on your experience? What results does it produce in your life and those of others?

Edited by UnbornTao

10 hours ago, Inception said:

Let say I wish that it'll rain tomorrow because I want my crops to grow, but you wish for it not to rain because you want to go hiking. Who will "win"?

That's true. So are you saying that only I can manifest, because there's no others who could?

So what is doubting you now, you think there is another who could pray for opposite and net result will be universe confused, who to support.

See this itself is a doubtful thought from manifestive perspective. I don't know why you think someone else want same desire like you? Who told you that, you are constructing that inside yourself so that you can doubt who you really are. You can see circumstance of another going trying to date same girl like you do, but as I said circumstance doesn't matter, if you believe in your faith, then your faith will bring it to you.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi