Inception

How to enter a trance

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DISCLAIMER:  I'm not encouraging you to do what's in this post as it's merely informative in nature, and I don't take responsibility for any possible trauma. May trigger psychopathology, so especially don't do this if you're mentally unstable. TLDR; Do this at your own risk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction: So the other day I made my own meditation technique. The bagground for it's development was the realization that Reality isn't a single thing, and therefore anything I would be clinging to wouldn't be it, instead it's the entire flow of changing phenomena.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why: So the main point of this technique is to get your mind unstuck. See right now you're mind is probably very crystalized, i.e. you're in a very stable and grounded state of consciousness. This is probably also the state you spend most of your time in. Why would you want to enter a fluid and unrestricted state of consciousness? Besides it feeling good because it's fertile ground for, A, spontaneous enlightenment (High magic), and B, performing performing practical magic (low magic) like incantations.

How: The way you do this is by constantly changing your object of meditation so that you mind actually don't have a single object that it can cling to. This relates to all five senses:

• Sight: Keep looking around at your surroundings. Keep moving your eyes; up, down, left, right, go in circles.
  • Touch: Touch something hard, then touch something soft, then touch something else.
  • Hearing: Sing some kind of random hymns. Speak in tongues (glossolalia).
  • Taste: Eat something sweet, then something sour.
  • Smell: Smell different things. Something pleasant and something unpleasant.

Also move your body. Move your arms up and down. Spin around.

But the most important of all is you mind's eye. Because you could be doing all the above, but still be fixated about the bills you need to pay tomorrow. You need to be constantly changing what's in your mind's eye. Imagine a banana, now a kangaroo, now the earth's core. Also don't limit yourself to logical things; Imagine a circle that's also a square, imagine a palace that doesn't exist, imagine swimming above water.

Additional: What you'll notice is that you may cringe and be very reluctant at first because it's uncharted (more like forgotten) territory, and you'll look unhinged, which is socially unacceptable. Society hates unpredictability. But you're not abandoning logic, you're merely transcending it temporarily. What you also may notice is that you'll feel like a child again, which might be a very distant, or even a forgotten, feeling. Most of us are so disconnected from this state that we can't even remeber what it used to feel like to be this free.

What are your thoughts? If you've tried it let me know what you think.

Edited by Inception

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

You can also just stare at this playlist long enough, and something....may happen.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

17 hours ago, Inception said:

How: The way you do this is by constantly changing your object of meditation so that you mind actually don't have a single object that it can cling to. This relates to all five senses:

• Sight: Keep looking around at your surroundings. Keep moving your eyes; up, down, left, right, go in circles.
  • Touch: Touch something hard, then touch something soft, then touch something else.
  • Hearing: Sing some kind of random hymns. Speak in tongues (glossolalia).
  • Taste: Eat something sweet, then something sour.
  • Smell: Smell different things. Something pleasant and something unpleasant.

Also move your body. Move your arms up and down. Spin around.

But the most important of all is you mind's eye. Because you could be doing all the above, but still be fixated about the bills you need to pay tomorrow. You need to be constantly changing what's in your mind's eye. Imagine a banana, now a kangaroo, now the earth's core. Also don't limit yourself to logical things; Imagine a circle that's also a square, imagine a palace that doesn't exist, imagine swimming above water.

Just made me think of this beat and video as a fitting theme xD Sounds like fun!

17 hours ago, Inception said:

May trigger psychopathology

Count me in. That should solve my girl situation, or lack thereof 

Posted (edited)

On 12.4.2024 at 0:16 AM, Razard86 said:

You can also just stare at this playlist long enough, and something....may happen.

Yeah, it just hit me that watching a video like the one you referenced is a way simpler way of getting visual and auditory variation. Something like a moving mandala or an infinite fractal zoom could be effective. Like this: 

On 12.4.2024 at 0:26 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

Just made me think of this beat and video as a fitting theme xD Sounds like fun!

Lol that's random, but that's exactly what you'd want.

On 12.4.2024 at 0:26 AM, Emotionalmosquito said:

Count me in. That should solve my girl situation, or lack thereof 

If could find somebody who's into that, but hey, I guess there's a niche for everybody :P

Edited by Inception

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"