Princess Arabia

What Are Your Biggest Pet Peeves

66 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Mine is delayed texting. When somebody texts and I promptly return their text and they take forever to respond to my text. Then, when they finally respond, I promptly respond again, and they take forever again. Put this on repeat and the one conversation will last for hours, with it ending with a text from me with no response until a new text about another topic emerges and I am in decision mode as to whether to promptly respond or just take my time when suddenly I get a text back before I even responded saying.....???, as in what's taking you so long to respond. The nerve.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Girls who over-sexualize themselves in inappropriate places. I see girls dressing overtly and over the top in a public institution (read - college).

I wouldn't stop it for the world but when I see a pair of buttocks in yoga pants at the study place, it just frustrates me. We don't have the social way of handling it other than the dress code, which isn't enforced (at all).

It's just off and they don't care, men have rejected that standard, and we all enjoy them.

Then don't look at me weird when i look at you to the extent of your revealing skin :D if you wear a crop, I will stare on purpose, what's weird about that?

In other news, me over-sexualizing girls.

Edited by Felliks

47 minutes ago, Felliks said:

Girls who over-sexualize themselves in inappropriate places. I see girls dressing overtly and over the top in a public institution (read - college).

I wouldn't stop it for the world but when I see a pair of buttocks in yoga pants at the study place, it just frustrates me. We don't have the social way of handling it other than the dress code, which isn't enforced (at all).

It's just off and they don't care, men have rejected that standard, and we all enjoy them.

Then don't look at me weird when i look at you to the extent of your revealing skin :D if you wear a crop, I will stare on purpose, what's weird about that?

In other news, me over-sexualizing girls.

Oh my, i hope this thread doesn't turn into a sexual debate about what women wear. Well, to be fair, if it's a pet peeve, its a pet peeve. But just to let you know, if a female wears a pair of pants tight or not, that's not her oversexualizing, that's you sexualizing her. Just so you know, a woman's body is a woman's body, it would be very terrible and traumatizing if we had to wake up everyday and worry about how we can dress today to not sexualize ourselves, to dress appropriately so that horny men won't see what we're wearing as sexualizing ourselves and that certain clothes will naturally reveal our figures without us even trying. That would be such mental agony to have to worry about those things just because it is troublesome to men to see us in something called a yoga pants. It gets frustrating to us since we just call ourselves just wearing certain clothes we like and thinks it's comfortable or feminine or whatever and guys think we're wearing it for them or guys get turned on by it then blame us for that when were not even thinking about them sometimes when we choose to wear certain clothes. Sometimes women wear certain clothes to try and attract men, yes, but even those same women aren't doing it all the time even when they wear revealing clothes. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Mine is delayed texting. When somebody texts and I promptly return their text and they take forever to respond to my text. Then, when they finally respond, I promptly respond again, and they take forever again. Put this on repeat and the one conversation will last for hours, with it ending with a text from me with no response until a new text about another topic emerges and I am in decision mode as to whether to promptly respond or just take my time when suddenly I get a text back before I even responded saying.....???, as in what's taking you so long to respond. The nerve.

Maybe you shouldn't be as vigilant about what people say in text messages, if you have a lot of free time thanks to your lifestyle you should be more "self-centered".
People don't have as much free time, on average, and/or they naturally prefer to work on their activities. 

This must be the 10th time I've said this but you look a bit like my mom lol.
You have a heavy energy, it's cool because you cook a lot, you have big endearing smiles, you have a lot of sexual energy etc etc, but you can also be very demanding energetically, it's like renting a penthouse in a metropolis , you have to take out the checkbook...
Now you're complaining that people don't text back fast enough, i can see you stamp your feet.

Humm.. :S

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

I'm paranoid and it makes my social relationships sometimes more problematic.

Edited by Schizophonia

Dramas that people create for themselves, especially when pretending that they don't like them.

Posted (edited)

And spiritual people :D

Also, scientists, especially when talking about quantum mechanics, double-slit experiment, etc.

Edited by Nemra

44 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Maybe you shouldn't be as vigilant about what people say in text messages,

I'm not referring to random people off the street or just some frivolous ole conversations, you're assuming the details. It could be my sister or family member or someone i know very well. 

Know thyself....

gay men or fat girls who fall in love with me. so tiring.

It's Love.

43 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I'm paranoid and it makes my social relationships sometimes more problematic.

hence your name....?

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not referring to random people off the street or just some frivolous ole conversations, you're assuming the details. It could be my sister or family member or someone i know very well. 

No, i understood.

It's not because it's your family that it's not boring for them to respond to you. 

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

gay men or fat girls who fall in love with me. so tiring.

Lol, what's the difference with a normal girl (which you're not into) ? 

I'd rather those involved fall in love with me than do hostile things.

Edited by Schizophonia

39 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Lol, what's the difference with a normal girl (which you're not into) ?

at least the normal girl doesn't look like an orangina bottle

It's Love.

4 hours ago, Nemra said:

And spiritual people 

You're on a forum where people discuss Spirituality and one of your pet peeves is Spiritual people. Funny 

Know thyself....

20 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

at least the normal girl doesn't look like an orangina bottle

It's true lol.
But hey, it doesn't matter.

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

You

:D

Nice. But please don't put me on a pedestal. Hehe.

Know thyself....

Several. Being interrupted or talked over. Lack of politeness. Letting your dogs everywhere, letting them jump on strangers. I hate it when people don't know how to restrain or discipline their dogs well enough. A pit bull. Spiritual debates that look like a one-upping session. Non duality and it's incessant wrongful trollish application by new age seekers. Guys who complain about fashion. Waiting too long at a restaurant. Girls who constantly monitor your life or psychoanalyze you on the internet without knowing shit about your life. 

Those are my pet peeves. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You're on a forum where people discuss Spirituality and one of your pet peeves is Spiritual people. Funny 

What can I say. I hate it here. :D

I'm as hypocritical as they come. B|

17 minutes ago, Nemra said:

What can I say. I hate it here. :D

I'm as hypocritical as they come. B|

Love it! Again, confirmation of the madness happening.❤️

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Mine is people who get angry when I don't respond to texts unironically lol. When I'm by myself I like to think not talk about useless things. If plans are being made or something important is happening then I will respond but if its just getting to know eachother or just talking for no particular reason I find it very unappealing to do and I get texts from people and they have gotten angry that I dont respond fast. I dont care with no offense I just spend my free time thinking right now.

Sometimes people dont want to have a phone used as a constant contact device for them. I want to talk when I want to talk and dont when I dont and I think doing otherwise is manipulation on the other person in some way when you get angry, not to yourself but if you do it to them.

I have been in both sides and can see both perspectives. If you really want to talk to someone and get to know them and they arent talking it can get annoying.

Edited by Hojo