enchanted

Spirituality, happiness, and IQ

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The world IQ distribution is alarming to me. All the poor countries have the lowest IQ. Is that the reason they are poor? 

More importantly happiness is associated with higher IQ people. 

Are depressed poor people just dumber? 

Does your ability to do spirituality (and understand spiritual concepts) dependant on your IQ? Why or why not? 

P.s. please don't call me racist. Im not the sharpest tool in the shed myself. I am partly wondering if there is hope for idiots like me 😁

Edited by enchanted

Posted (edited)

Theres a big game being played in the world and it seems the black race is just getting shit on by everybody.

They arent stupid they are poor, everyone could be pretty smart they just have no money.

They are stupid because they are poor. Intelligence takes money and time and structure you have to program the brain.

When you have no money and have to eat that takes priority.

"m not generalizing its probably that there are a lot of poor black people that get no education.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

My understanding is that plenty of the ppl in poor countries are very happy, they don't desire things as we do here in the west, they desire other things, but even if they don't have it they are still happy. I wouldn't say higher IQ means happier life, happiness is an inside job, anyone can be happy for no reason whenever they want, its just a matter of learning about this Human system and how to control it, and not being slaves to outside situations or other ppl's opinions...

When it comes to Spirituality, once one is Joyful of their own nature, Enlightenment is much more in reach, as now "what about You" is lessened to a high degree and you can move forward in life full stride and not stuck in the past or some trauma situation that is unresolved...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 hour ago, Ishanga said:

My understanding is that plenty of the ppl in poor countries are very happy, they don't desire things as we do here in the west, they desire other things, but even if they don't have it they are still happy. I wouldn't say higher IQ means happier life, happiness is an inside job, anyone can be happy for no reason whenever they want, its just a matter of learning about this Human system and how to control it, and not being slaves to outside situations or other ppl's opinions...

When it comes to Spirituality, once one is Joyful of their own nature, Enlightenment is much more in reach, as now "what about You" is lessened to a high degree and you can move forward in life full stride and not stuck in the past or some trauma situation that is unresolved...

There are studies that show that higher IQ people report being happier. 

2 hours ago, Hojo said:

Theres a big game being played in the world and it seems the black race is just getting shit on by everybody.

They arent stupid they are poor, everyone could be pretty smart they just have no money.

They are stupid because they are poor. Intelligence takes money and time and structure you have to program the brain.

When you have no money and have to eat that takes priority.

"m not generalizing its probably that there are a lot of poor black people that get no education.

I see. So IQ would go up with more education. That makes sense. Also Mexico and middle East are also poor and low measured IQ. 

Black people invented almost every type of modern music (jazz, rock, reggae, foxtrot, rap etc etc etc).  Genius obviously exists in the black communities.

5 hours ago, Hojo said:

This is probably the stupidest comment I've heard in a long time. I'm black and stupid and poor so I used a bad superlative which you probably didn't notice. 

Love you Hojo.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

I don't know about now (actually, I do, from half the grammar on this forum), but growing up in a Third World Country where I attended high school, the Third World country's schools were "kicking asses" in their curriculum as opposed to schools in the U.S.A. at the same level. Ever seen the poor kids in India on Spelling Bee. Ever heard how the high school kids speak in the U.S.A. So bad that they had to create their own language called Ebonics. Even though I'm speaking about the black communities with respect to Ebonics, the U.S.A is not recognized as a poor country, which is what your post is about. 

I was also kicking ass here in the USA when I migrated and went to college. I was above just about everyone in my classes there who were at the same level of education. Out of four subjects, I got 2A's and 2B's in the one semester that I completed.

IQ has nothing to do with being poor or rich. Lots of dumb ass rich kids.

Matter of fact, EQ and SQ are more important than IQ. Emotional Intelligence and Spiritual Intelligence.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, enchanted said:

Is that the reason they are poor? 

The relationships are a bit complicated. Being low in IQ means that you are likely to earn less money over the lifetime. This is true of Individuals and communities. On the other hand, if you are a high IQ individual being born in a poor country, then you cannot generate much wealth over your lifetime, unless you migrate to a developed country. IQ needs societal infrastructure to be nurtured and it takes high IQ people to build that infrastructure. 

More importantly happiness is associated with higher IQ people. 

The relationship is not straightforward. 

Happiness does correlate with wealth. The more wealth you have the happier you feel.  IQ is a good predictor of wealth, but it is not perfect. IF you want to explore the relationship between IQ and happiness alone, then I would say that your happiness increases from 100-125. From 125 to above and more, you are more likely to be miserable and suffer with each point increase in IQ. So, the relationship is not linear.  IQ also increases your capacity to suffer, beyond a point. So, after that point, which is roughly around 125-130, you will suffer a lot. Because society is not built to accommodate you. You will feel left out and forgotten. Society is made for midwits. 

Dumb and depressed usually do not go hand in hand. Although all these statements are a massive generalization. The circumstances you are in have to do with it a lot. High IQ people are more likely to be depressed. And they come from rich countries. There is a sweet spot when it comes to IQ & wealth. You will be severely miserable if you are out of that zone, both in IQ and wealth. 

Does your ability to do spirituality (and understand spiritual concepts) dependant on your IQ? Why or why not? 

Average IQ of a philosophy major is 130. So yeah, your ability to do philosophy or spirituality is dependent on your IQ. Is the relationship perfect? no. But it tends to be the case more often than not. To be interested in abstract stuff like philosophy and spirituality is a high IQ trait. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

I have been to Senegal and the Gambia, that are quite poor, I have also met people from Uganda in Europe, and I would say that in general they are happier than Europeans, the kids without doubt. The problem there is that there is no future perspective, you have to settle for what you have knowing that there is another supposedly better world, and for many that is unbearable and they become obsessed with emigrating. But life for an African in Europe is usually hard and sad.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, enchanted said:

All the poor countries have the lowest IQ. Is that the reason they are poor? 

This is easily explained because IQ measurement is related to education. And education is bad in poor countries. Lack of food also lowers IQ. So the causation is reverse of what you think.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There are studies that show that higher IQ people report being happier. 

I'm not sure about those, I watch allot of different ppl doing different things, generally I would say happiness levels are down overall, but ppl in poorer countries are for sure just as happy as ppl in wealthy countries, unless there is some sort of strife or wars happening of course...

Also, do children have high IQ? No probably not but they are happier than the avg Adult for sure, just naturally happy for the most part, so happiness is not the result of IQ but of Experience, how are YOu experiencing the world...Children being less identified with mind experience it more freely...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@enchanted A lot has to do with survival. If you are born in a slum you only can operate on that level and not go any higher than that. Well you can, but you wont survive. And if only way to make a living (survive) is to dig sand then you will dig sand all your life and having a higher IQ threatens this. When you are born to a 1st world country your survival is EASY.

17 hours ago, enchanted said:

If you still think that IQ is what going to take you to spirituality you are mistaken. One need high amounts of consciousness to be in spirituality. IQ is just a number for stupid people to measure their ego, just like you would measure your dick and compare with friends.

17 hours ago, enchanted said:

Truly depressed people have illnesses that the brain no longer creates dopamine/serotonin. A simple person without an illness, who is depressed just lives a bad life, probably eats bad food, doesnt exercise etc.

Mahadev

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Ishanga said:

I'm not sure about those, I watch allot of different ppl doing different things, generally I would say happiness levels are down overall, but ppl in poorer countries are for sure just as happy as ppl in wealthy countries, unless there is some sort of strife or wars happening of course...

How do you explain the strong tendency for the poorest countries to score lowest in the world when people there are asked how happy they feel, and the strong tendency for the richest countries to score highest in the world when people there are asked the same?

Edited by Kid A

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia everything i say is wrong i still say it. The only way to be right in this universe is to be wrong and say you are wrong. So I take no offense and give none.

I haven't seen a black person irl in 15 years

Edited by Hojo

8 hours ago, Kid A said:

How do you explain the strong tendency for the poorest countries to score lowest in the world when people there are asked how happy they feel, and the strong tendency for the richest countries to score highest in the world when people there are asked the same?

I'm just going from what I have seen or heard thru the years, ppl saying that they visited this or that 3rd world country and the ppl being there being nice, kind and generally happy, I've heard this for years over and over again, of course not everyone is happy, but generally it seem they are happier than we are here in the west.. I watch this Swedish Guy on utube, he travels alot, and when in India even though the pollution was killing him in Mumbia, he said the ppl were the nicest ppl ever and happy..it sort of confused him a bit, but this is what I understand of the situation, and in my experience is the truth!

Posted (edited)

The way we measure IQ is improving slightly. Still, a great majority are not being measured accurately. Alternative IQ could be considered meaningless for much of life. Depending on which definition you prefer, I would prefer it to be more encompassing and meaningful if it is to be used at all.

Let's say we have a 100-IQ farmer who raises a family, his children are healthy and successful people. The farmer is not only very successful at his job but also preserves the soil quality and sustainability of his farm for future generations. The farmer can relate to his wife and family's needs, he understands himself very well. He is well-liked among his friends, and socially very capable among them and the local community. He is reliable and loyal, he has a handle on his life's challenges, plans his family's financial well-being, and generally people like him, he's a positive influence locally. He takes care of his health and has a good diet, he will likely live well and for a longer time.

Then we have a 200-IQ genius. He is depressed most of the time, and he struggles with addictions. He's had three failed marriages and has no friends. He's separated from his children, who barely know him, and when he gets together to see them, there is constant fighting and stress. He has no sense of self-awareness or awareness of others. The man is unreliable and can't hold down a job for long periods, but he is a genius when he applies his intellect. The man stuffs himself full of carbs, sugars, and fats, and will probably die from his poor health and dietary choices.

Do you honestly think we should be measuring these two example individuals as we currently measure them? It was this sort of gaslighting throughout my life that contributed to everyone saying, 'oh he's intelligent he'll be fine, or oh he'll apply himself eventually'. Growing up, people should have looked at me and given me help in areas that were not academic, because that was already a breeze for me.

Creative, Social, Financial, and Emotional IQ are not considered in the makeup of a child nearly enough. Because they are not tested, they are considered secondary considerations, if at all.

Note my IQ isn't that high, it's an example of my experience coasting through school while doing no work. Meanwhile, I was a **** up for most of my life, but even as a mature student, when I had my third shot at university, people were repeating the same old garbage to me. 'Oh you'll be the only one that uses this', or 'oh you'll be alright.' Despite the fact I'd just skipped half the year. 

Just pin a calculator on your forehead, and life's good I suppose.
IQ as it is currently, is one aspect of potential in a few disciplines, nothing more or less.

Edited by BlueOak

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2024 at 9:00 PM, enchanted said:

I see. So IQ would go up with more education. That makes sense. Also Mexico and middle East are also poor and low measured IQ. 

If this were the case, we would be able to prove it by measuring a person's IQ before and after college.  Let's say in 12th grade vs. after getting a PhD.

Do you know a lot of studies that show this? If they existed, we would be hearing about them every day.

No, sorry, IQ <> education.  IQ is what enables one to profit from an education.  There are raw capacities such as working memory, spatial visualization and abstract reasoning that you can't teach.

Edited by SeaMonster

Posted (edited)

On 4/9/2024 at 2:47 PM, enchanted said:

If you're interested in spirituality, you've probably already passed the threshold for the IQ required to get awakened.   The rest has to do with self-awareness of a certain type, which isn't necessarily something a high IQ provides.

On 4/11/2024 at 5:56 AM, BlueOak said:

Do you honestly think we should be measuring these two example individuals as we currently measure them?

IQ is just IQ, it's not a global measure of a person's character, worth, professional success or mental well-being.  There are certain correlations, and it's certainly difficult to conceive of a functional modern society when the mean IQ is below a certain level, but one can't pick two individuals at random and predict their condition based on IQ disparities.  

You could have a multimillionaire pro athlete with a 100 IQ and some guy who works at a comic book store with 150.

Edited by SeaMonster

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

IQ is just IQ, it's not a global measure of a person's character, worth, professional success or mental well-being. 

I agree. Yet throughout my life, it has been used as such and shows us why certain areas are lacking in society, from early education onwards, while others are well catered for or culturally reinforced.

When I talk about these concepts, I introduce the possibility of Social, Financial, and Emotional IQ being recognized as of equal importance to standardized IQ results in people's thoughts about life, their future, or the future of their families and countries. It's a standard response I've repeated for many years.

In my estimation, awareness, or perception, multiplies the potential of IQ by a great deal, so a scale for it would be extremely useful. Social IQ, for example, would be the ability to effectively leverage the intelligence, perceptions, resources, and skillsets of many individuals to cater to our six human needs that drive human behavior. 

Connection / Love
Certainty
Contribution
Growth
Uncertainty / Variety
Significance

We each have these needs to varying degrees, either consciously or unconsciously. 

Edited by BlueOak

54 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

When I talk about these concepts, I introduce the possibility of Social, Financial, and Emotional IQ being recognized as of equal importance to standardized IQ results in people's thoughts about life, their future, or the future of their families and countries. It's a standard response I've repeated for many years.

Well, the problem with this (as is the problem with the "multiple intelligences" idea) is the question of measurement.  How does one actually quantify these constructs, aside from simply opining ("hey, that guy is good with money, he must have a high financial IQ!".)

It's pretty much where we are already anyway - subjectively recognizing that different people have different talents or abilities.