Bobby_2021

Is a life full of suffering well lived?

How much suffering do you experience in your life?(1-10)   47 members have voted

1. 1. How much suffering do you experience in your life on a scale of 1-10?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

60 posts in this topic

To Use Suffering as a tool for more Spiritual Growth or Growth in general is can be done, but its risky and unnecessary, some cannot get out of the suffering they feel and can be trapped by it and live their whole lives suffering and even taking their lives..

One can go the path of Bliss, on a scale of 0-10 Peace is 0, 10 is Ecstasy, its a matter of intensity of Experience, but if You are not at Peace naturally within, then your Potential is very limited and won't be experienced or explored... The more Suffering You feel the further away from Truth You are its plain and simple, but the ego luvs it, "Hey Look what I've done and I've gone thru it with Lots of Suffering, look at me look at me.." so crude and stupid!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

On 4/13/2024 at 4:42 PM, Sandhu said:

Undergoing high degree of physical or psychological or emotional pain usually for an extended period of time.

Thank you.

👽

Posted (edited)

I think that suffering can vary, and there are different types of suffering.

Some suffering is crucial for spiritual development and the development of one's character.

In this category, I will put:

- Some degree of unavoidable human suffering in life, which includes breakups, death, illness, unexpected changes, loneliness, and common negative human emotions, the suffering of loving others and sacrifice for them, the suffering of compromising in human relationships for the greater good of everyone.

- The suffering of growing spiritually and developing ourselves, doing shadow work, the suffering of working for our goals (discipline, commitment, persistence), the suffering of healing emotional trauma.

While there is suffering that is not only avoidable but also unnecessary, it doesn't help us to grow spiritually.

- Being attached to some ideal and unrealistic version of yourself and others, perfectionism.

This not only causes a lot of psychological distress, but it's also not necessary for a good life. In fact, it kills creativity and authenticity and disconnects us from ourselves.

The good news is that this can be avoided by accepting imperfection.

- Being attached to external outcomes like money, status, fame, approval, and affection from others.

This attachment is not only nerve wracking and decreases life's quality, but it's also unnecessary for true growth.

- Unhealed trauma and psychological issues.

People suffer from untreated mental health problems, which worsen over time if not treated. They not only suffer greatly, but this suffering doesn't necessarily help them to develop, instead, it holds them back. Especially if they romanticize it or highly identify with it.

Therefore, we need to choose our battles wisely, accept the inevitable suffering, and realize what types of suffering prompt our growth while eliminating the suffering that is within our control to eliminate and is unproductive and harmful to our growth.

Edited by Lila9

👽

How one interprets suffering is usually in relationship to what happens after the suffering ceases. If for example a person suffered and became financially well off after the suffering and the events of the financial return were tied to it the person usually says "That suffering was key to me growing as a person." So suffering is usually interpreted in relation to the events that transpire after its conclusion.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Haha when you grow more materially, you may grow less in terms of spirit.

I think suffering is necessary in order to grow yourself but it has to be delicately balanced or you won't grow and get lazy or become too overwhelmed and knocked down and fall into hopelesness.

I find it important though that many things of value or valuable precisely because they take work and effort. But it's also nice to suffer less or none.

I for myself have had too much suffering. For a time I handled it better than most people by far. however, put a few shovels more on it and it break down like a house of cards that health is. I mean it can always something happen and shit hits the fan.

pain is a faltering body, suffering is the extent to which you think you are one

suffering is the method the gods gave you so one day you would say

enough is enough!

let's put this insanity to bed for once and for all

Posted (edited)

It would be interesting to know the correlation between progress and functuality and suffering. I'd assume that the most growth would happen around 7 but I might be wrong and maybe there are a few people who've had enough of intense suffering and awekening happened.

Edited by Starlight321

9 minutes ago, Starlight321 said:

I think suffering is necessary in order to grow yourself but it has to be delicately balanced or you won't grow and get lazy or become too overwhelmed and knocked down and fall into hopelesness.

I find it important though that many things of value or valuable precisely because they take work and effort. But it's also nice to suffer less or none.

I for myself have had too much suffering. For a time I handled it better than most people by far. however, put a few shovels more on it and it break down like a house of cards that health is. I mean it can always something happen and shit hits the fan.

You say it as if suffering is something that can be used willingly. Don't put your self-esteem on how much you suffer abd grow by it. You could always grow better by other means. Sufferig is a curse. Yet it is a way to appreciate the infinite intelligence of an infinite mind.

Our suffering is so insignificant compated to the endless ripples of our actions and the suffering or happiness they cause for future beings. A happy mind is a healthy mind tho so our happiness contributes to what we leave behind and the happiness of other beings. The stakes of being human in today's society in the middle of the advent of high tech is emence.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

When you say suffering are you referring to physical pain or emotional pain?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

On 15/4/2024 at 4:35 AM, Razard86 said:

How one interprets suffering is usually in relationship to what happens after the suffering ceases.

@Razard86 And about physical suffering, the other day I injured my fingernail and it hurts a lot. But it's interesting that when you harm yourself or get harmed, there are many thoughts going on in your mind, thoughts like: what if I lose the nail? What if it permanently fucks the growth process of it? And some flash images of gore / blood / destruction / loss.

Those thoughts make the pain 1000x worse than it actually is.

Edited by Vibes

On 4/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, Starlight321 said:

It would be interesting to know the correlation between progress and functuality and suffering. I'd assume that the most growth would happen around 7 but I might be wrong and maybe there are a few people who've had enough of intense suffering and awekening happened.

Intense but controlled suffering is ideal. Extremely high suffering for short periods of time will not be so detrimental to your well being.

At the same time little suffering over a long period of time can be detrimental to your well being.

There is a lot of nuance in the nature of suffering.

Posted (edited)

Life isn't MEANT to be suffering, but sometimes doing the right thing means accepting that you're gonna be really fucking unhappy.

Karma is a thing, so you'll be repaid, but honestly a lot of the purpose of life is making OTHERS happy, not yourself. Be prepared to suffer the worst.

Suffering is a fact of life on earth for the hero because evil rules here. Place faith in the afterlife wheteyou are exalted for your good deeds and earn a hero's reward. We the good stand together and none can defeat us.

Edited by Artsu

Posted (edited)

Transformation can only happen through fire 

Edited by StarStruck

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

Transformation can only happen through fire 

The same guy would avoid all the suffering if he could.

If suffering was such a transformative fire, why would he say no to all that growth.

Not all suffering leads to growth. There is a certain way to suffer that builds character. 

You will get no character growth if you suffer after joining gangs and mafias.

But if you willingly take suffering, then that could grow you as a person. But Tate took the short route, wanted to make money quickly and he is suffering for it. 

"He who wants to make money in a day will be hanged within a year." 

That's isn't an honorable way to suffer. That's a degenerate way to suffer.

Willingly taking suffering, when you could easily choose not to, is a good way to suffer while building character.

Suffering imposed on you from outside is more likely to traumatise you than grow you.

@Bobby_2021 if you go to the gym and don’t use the weights right yea you won’t develop muscle and also have injuries. No shit. 

15 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

@Bobby_2021 if you go to the gym and don’t use the weights right yea you won’t develop muscle and also have injuries. No shit. 

Why would you go to the gym and not lift weights?

I would sleep at home instead.

😂

6 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

Why would you go to the gym and not lift weights?

I would sleep at home instead.

😂

Enough people who go to the gym to sleep