r0ckyreed

The Missing Element of Actualized.org

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@gettoefl huh

There are no masses. So, it's like saying, no one needs to be saved. I think that's what it's saying. There's only the all.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

We operate off of these theories whether we think about them or not. I am a mental health counselor and I have to do ethics all the time and I have to consider my ethics in my decision-making. I tend to use different ethical theories in my work. I treat clients as ends and not as means (deontology), and I weigh the consequences when faced with an ethical dilemma (utilitarianism).

That video on Goodness is not what I am talking about. It is too metaphysical and disconnected from everyday human affairs. If a Devil were to watch it, they still wouldn’t know how to act good in society.

I am also a licensed health practitioner, and we certainly have our own set of ethics. 

I can remember in school they would quiz us on various ethical dilemmas, and we had to show how we would handle it.

Was it useful? Sure, it was useful. I’m not saying there’s something wrong with contemplating ethics or constructing some sort of ethical framework to guide your decisions.

But the question is, what is the highest level of morality and where does it come from?

My argument is that any theoretical framework around ethics is going to be inherently very limited, both in its scope (what it covers) and in its practical ability to shape one’s decisions.

So if we are interested in the highest morality, we have to dig a bit deeper.

You can criticize the Goodness video for being too metaphysical / detached, but that’s really how the highest morality needs to be taught. If it wasn’t, it would again turn into a more limited ethical framework of do’s and don’ts. It’s precisely because it’s not specific that it is powerful.

Edited by aurum

I do have a morality video planned.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Morality has never been a complicated issue. The complicated issue has been implementing it. If you want a moral code it goes like this.

1. Whichever action maximizes the individual fitness and creative expression for all. 

2. This means all of countries resources should be centered around expanding opportunities for all, free training for all levels for all. Free support for all maladies for all. 

3. Within every human is an understanding of how things COULD look like if we weren't so selfish but collectively we are.

4. Also there is an age old ethic about whether you should sacrifice the few to save the many, the answer to that is easy. You use available resources to try to salvage/save the few but if you cannot save them you have to sever them. It's not difference than if your leg was detrimental to your body and needed to be cut off for your survival. You try your best to save it but if you can't then you off it.

Now the real question would be, when has it become too worse off to save? The difficulty in implementing morality is dealing with the various interest groups which seek to keep their power in spite of how it impacts the whole, and knowing when you cannot save the few who are dangerous to the whole. 

A true morality would lead with compassion, empathy, forgiveness, but also have the capability to be a stone cold killer if needed and would be decisive and swift in that action. Rare is the person/leader, much less the organization with that type of fortitude.

But a true test of morality is your ability to answer ethical dilemmas. So if you want a moral system....create some ethical dilemmas right now and then think up best what is the optimal system. Understand even if you think of the best moral system, it doesn't mean others will be selfless enough to implement it. The most important part of morality, is the developmental level of those implementing it.

When it comes to building and optimizing the moral system from the ground up, studying how the systems of our bodies and other bodies of living organisms and emulating them (while adjusting for the emotional bias component absent from these systems) would be a good start.

Systems thinking would be at the core of building a moral code. The code would be fluid and lead with principles of first do no or as little harm as possible, focus on support and empowerment and the development of autonomy, and then streamlining of resources and communication while supporting creativity and innovation. With the ability to be cold-hearted in times of emergency when you have to amputate the rotten part. 

For an outside the box example of systems thinking in action in nature....here is an example.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/brains-are-not-required-when-it-comes-to-thinking-and-solving-problems-simple-cells-can-do-it/

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, aurum said:

I am also a licensed health practitioner, and we certainly have our own set of ethics. 

I can remember in school they would quiz us on various ethical dilemmas, and we had to show how we would handle it.

Was it useful? Sure, it was useful. I’m not saying there’s something wrong with contemplating ethics or constructing some sort of ethical framework to guide your decisions.

But the question is, what is the highest level of morality and where does it come from?

My argument is that any theoretical framework around ethics is going to be inherently very limited, both in its scope (what it covers) and in its practical ability to shape one’s decisions.

So if we are interested in the highest morality, we have to dig a bit deeper.

You can criticize the Goodness video for being too metaphysical / detached, but that’s really how the highest morality needs to be taught. If it wasn’t, it would again turn into a more limited ethical framework of do’s and don’ts. It’s precisely because it’s not specific that it is powerful.

The issue is being too metaphysical is too detached from most people. The masses aren’t going to be at that developmental level in this lifetime.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

7 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

The masses aren’t going to be at that developmental level in this lifetime.

Mass appeal is a very different criteria for success.

I do not claim what I am saying has mass appeal.

24 minutes ago, aurum said:

Mass appeal is a very different criteria for success.

I do not claim what I am saying has mass appeal.

I do agree with what you are saying. I just think that is the missing piece when Leo talks about morality is that it is very metaphysical (which is good) but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of practicality in how to work through these ethical situations, especially when it goes into politics like trying to balance different issues such as drug legalization or whatever. But even these political issues are out of most peoples control and can be impractical for them. I think one of the best principles is devoting time to contemplate and dissecting each theory, the pros and cons, and then to establish your own view of morality.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

"General apathy"/"Conflict avoidance" is often a factor brushed off or overlooked on this issue. You can have very good laws, codes of conduct, etc written in the spirit of fairness and ethics, but if nobody wants or can enforce it... 

And then there're things we probably don't have good laws for yet due to how unconscious society as a whole are... for instance you can get away with emotional torture and abuse pretty easily still, or being a very very bad/selfish parent.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

I asked ChatGPT to create a moral code and this is what they gave.

Me: Create your own moral code

ChatGPT:

As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or preferences, but I can outline a set of moral principles that align with common ethical considerations:

Respect for Others: Treat all individuals with dignity, compassion, and empathy. Respect their autonomy, beliefs, and perspectives, even if they differ from your own.

Justice and Fairness: Strive for fairness and equity in all interactions and decisions. Advocate for equal rights and opportunities for all individuals, regardless of their background or circumstances.

Honesty and Integrity: Be truthful and transparent in your words and actions. Act with integrity, maintaining consistency between your beliefs, values, and behavior.

Compassion and Empathy: Show kindness, understanding, and empathy towards others, especially those who are suffering or in need. Extend a helping hand whenever possible.

Responsibility and Accountability: Take responsibility for your actions and their consequences. Acknowledge and learn from mistakes, and seek to make amends when necessary.

Beneficence: Strive to do good and promote the well-being of others. Actively seek opportunities to contribute positively to the lives of individuals and communities.

Respect for Diversity: Embrace diversity and inclusivity, recognizing the value of different perspectives, cultures, and identities. Reject discrimination, prejudice, and bigotry in all forms.

Environmental Stewardship: Take care of the environment and promote sustainability in your actions. Recognize the interconnectedness of all living beings and the importance of preserving the natural world for future generations.

Continuous Learning and Growth: Foster intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and a willingness to learn and grow. Embrace new ideas and perspectives, and continuously strive to expand your understanding of the world.

Promotion of Peace: Work towards peaceful resolutions of conflicts and disputes. Foster dialogue, cooperation, and understanding among individuals and nations to build a more peaceful and harmonious world.

These principles are intended to provide a foundation for ethical decision-making and behavior, guiding individuals towards actions that promote the well-being of oneself and others, while respecting the dignity and rights of all beings.

Is this the best code you can make or could you make it even more succint?

ChatGPT

ChatGPT

Certainly! Here's a more concise version:

Respect Others: Treat everyone with dignity and empathy.

Fairness: Strive for fairness and equal treatment.

Honesty: Be truthful and transparent in all interactions.

Compassion: Show kindness and empathy towards others.

Accountability: Take responsibility for your actions.

Beneficence: Act to promote the well-being of others.

Diversity: Embrace diversity and reject discrimination.

Environmental Responsibility: Protect and preserve the environment.

Continuous Learning: Foster growth and open-mindedness.

Peace: Work towards peaceful solutions and understanding.

This version maintains the core principles of the moral code while condensing them into succinct statements for easier reference and application.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Posted (edited)

In the Book Conversations with God book 4 there was outlined 16 differences between awakened beings and non awakened humans. This can give a look at how awakened beings view morality.

The 16 differences

1. An awakened species sees the Unity of All Life and lives into it. Humans in an unawakened state often deny it or ignore it.

2.  An awakened species tells the truth, always. Humans in an unawakened state too often lie, to themselves as well as others.

3. An awakened species says one thing and will do what they say. Humans in an unawakened state often say one thing and do another.

4. An awakened species, having seen and acknowledged what is so, will always do what works. Humans in an unawakened state often do the opposite.

5.  An awakened species does not embrace a principle in its civilization that correlates with the concepts that humans refer to as “justice” and “punishment.”

6.  An awakened species does not embrace a principle in its civilization that correlates with the concept that humans refer to as “insufficiency”.

7. An awakened species does not embrace a principle in its civilization that correlates with the concept that humans refer to as “ownership.”

8. An awakened species shares everything with everyone all the time. Humans in an unawakened state often do not, only sharing with others in limited circumstances.

9. An awakened species creates a balance between technology and cosmology; between machines and nature. Humans in an unawakened state often do not.

10. An awakened species would never under any circumstances terminate the current physical expression of another sentient being unless asked directly by that other being to do so. Humans in an unawakened state often kill other humans without that other human requesting them to.

11. An awakened species would never do anything that could potentially damage or harm the physical environment that supports the members of the species when they are physicalized. Humans in an unawakened state often do so.

12.  An awakened species never poisons itself. Humans in an unawakened state often do so.

13. An awakened species never competes. Humans in an unawakened state are often in competition with each other.

14. An awakened species is clear that it needs nothing. Humans in an unawakened state often create a need-based experience.

15.  An awakened species experiences and expresses unconditional love for everyone. Humans in an unawakened state often cannot imagine even a Deity who does this, much less do they do it themselves.

16. An awakened species has harnessed the power of metaphysics. Humans in an unawakened state often largely ignore it.

Edited by Razard86

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

8. An awakened species shares everything with everyone all the time.

Alien Communism confirmed! :D

But seriously, great list.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'd love a video on spiritual genetics and how some are naturally more conscious and how far less conscious / gifted can go through other practices

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

14. An awakened species is clear that it needs nothing. Humans in an unawakened state often create a need-based experience.

Such a species hasn't and will not exist. Perhaps an awakened species which feeds on sunlight or stones could exist.

On planet Earth, survival has always been dirty and cruel. But that can change for the better when AI and robotics become advanced enough.  

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

In the Book Conversations with God book 4 there was outlined 16 differences between awakened beings and non awakened humans. 

This list is fantastic

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

Posted (edited)

@Razard86 because of our childhood and environment conditioning? Or also other reasons you think? 

Or umbrella term 'survival'. 

So awakened species doesn't wanna survive? 

Edited by Butters