Buba

Spirituality and Pain

17 posts in this topic

I recently got 4 more protrusions and 2 more disc hernia on my spine. Until now I had one disc hernia. Now I have 4 protrusions and 3 disc hernia. I have horrible pain on every part of my body. I cannot stand it. But spirituality says to accept pain, to abide in pain. How? How can there be comfort in pain?  Why is my life so awful? I would still meditate even if I had a nice life. What is the point of giving me a horrible life? Would not it be good if we lived in pure bliss without pain? If there is a god why does it doing this?

Pain can also bring you closer connection to those you love and care about. Instead of feeling isolated and alone in that pain, we can discover others who are on a similar journey as us and are open to healing together as a collective. You don’t need to suffer alone.

I AM nutz

Posted (edited)

I understand you I relate to this. The dark truth is reality doesn’t give a fuck about our suffering it creates whatever

best to try to minimize it as much as possible with medical help ofc which u probably do 

one way spirituality can help is it can make you healthier in general if you go deep with it so helping the body heal better but that’s not a quick solution 

idk if it is possible to really be present with pain in a way that would make it seem less I think it’s kinda bullshit honestly maybe some people can tho 

Edited by Sugarcoat

Sorry to hear about your struggles of physical pain and I hope it gets better for you that you don't have to feel it much longer. However, Spirituality doesn't say you should accept pain and abide in pain. Spirituality doesn't say anything because it doesn't speak. If you heard that from someone, that someone or those people said it, not Spirituality. 

Living in pure bliss without pain is not unconditional love. You blame God but God is unconditional love. You don't blame God when things are going right, why blame God when things are going wrong. We praise God when things are going right and curse God when things are apparently going wrong. Didn't someone in Spirituality not also tell you that God is also unconditional love? That means everything, even pain. The only reason I'm saying this is not to undermine your pain but to show you how your questions about God here are futile. Doesn't mean anything. 

You need to figure out how to stop the pain and do all you can about that and cursing God surely won't help. There is a God but it's not what you think it is. God is your pain and God is everything. God is not an entity outside somewhere doing anything, God(and that's just a name for it) is everything including your pain.

Know thyself....

Neither you should avoid or chase pain without by default

If pain is worth it chase it, if not don't accept it.

In your case, do whatever you can to decrease pain without hurting yourself, search for new knowledge about your case, and take cautious actions.

You are neither God nor consciousness. You have consciousness.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Sorry to hear about your struggles of physical pain and I hope it gets better for you that you don't have to feel it much longer. However, Spirituality doesn't say you should accept pain and abide in pain. Spirituality doesn't say anything because it doesn't speak. If you heard that from someone, that someone or those people said it, not Spirituality. 

Living in pure bliss without pain is not unconditional love. You blame God but God is unconditional love. You don't blame God when things are going right, why blame God when things are going wrong. We praise God when things are going right and curse God when things are apparently going wrong. Didn't someone in Spirituality not also tell you that God is also unconditional love? That means everything, even pain. The only reason I'm saying this is not to undermine your pain but to show you how your questions about God here are futile. Doesn't mean anything. 

You need to figure out how to stop the pain and do all you can about that and cursing God surely won't help. There is a God but it's not what you think it is. God is your pain and God is everything. God is not an entity outside somewhere doing anything, God(and that's just a name for it) is everything including your pain.

This is not a coincidence. God planned everything to make my life horrible. Why? What is the point? I could live a nice life and engage in spirituality. I had lived much pain anyway, that was enough. Pain should not exist. For example, dragon does not exist. So there are things that do not exist and pain could be one of them. If somebody commits suicide, where is unconditional love?

39 minutes ago, Buba said:

This is not a coincidence. God planned everything to make my life horrible. Why? What is the point? I could live a nice life and engage in spirituality. I had lived much pain anyway, that was enough. Pain should not exist. For example, dragon does not exist. So there are things that do not exist and pain could be one of them. If somebody commits suicide, where is unconditional love?

Unconditional love is not conditioned. Saying if somebody commits suicide, where is unconditional love is a conditioned response. You're implying unconditional love only relates to certain conditions. Nothing is exempt. 

Know thyself....

On 02/04/2024 at 4:54 AM, Princess Arabia said:

Unconditional love is not conditioned. Saying if somebody commits suicide, where is unconditional love is a conditioned response. You're implying unconditional love only relates to certain conditions. Nothing is exempt. 

Does it mean that we humans are highest intellectual conscious beings and there is no super being god who has a performance?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Buba said:

Does it mean that we humans are highest intellectual conscious beings and there is no super being god who has a performance?

There's no highest being anywhere. There's no one controlling anything. There's just what's happening, including what you're saying. The only difference is you believing otherwise. Which is also just happening. Take your beliefs, thoughts, ideas, and stories out and everything else the "I" is saying about what's happening and you're left with unconditional love, since everything is love but without the conditioned I, which is just a dream.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

There's no highest being anywhere. There's no one controlling anything. There's just what's happening, including what you're saying. The only difference is you believing otherwise. Which is also just happening. Take your beliefs, thoughts, ideas, and stories out and everything else the "I" is saying about what's happening and you're left with unconditional love, since everything is love but without the conditioned I, which is just a dream.

But my life does not look like a coincidence, especially the bad things that happened to me. As if some higher being plotted it.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Buba said:

But my life does not look like a coincidence, especially the bad things that happened to me. As if some higher being plotted it.

There's no you. It's a contraction in the body that appears and you claim it as the "I", and now you're constructing your world and see everything as in relation to the next and what happens as an effect from what happens previously and now there's cause and effect and you believe it and now the "I" gets solidified and belief systems are formed built around stories upon stories and more stories and now you suffer because you believe they are happening to you and it feels so real because of this contraction and it's stuck in a loop. Take the 'I' out the equation and things are just happening, to nonone. The "I" is a dream.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

just take prescriptions meds , is not worth it to suffer meaninglessly. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

just take prescriptions meds , is not worth it to suffer meaninglessly. 

There's no free ride. The prescription pills will just add other problems on top. Look up natural painkillers, less side effects. Raw plants

Posted (edited)

Human life can be extremely hard, it is better not to forget that. Many millions have been enslaved, imprisoned, tortured, raped, mutilated, rejected, plunged into loneliness and despair, into agony, into lonely old age, into mental illness. It is difficult to understand the twists that reality takes and why it does so. Seems that it's an evolutionary path. As I read in a biography of a man who was imprisoned in autchwitz , the point is realizing what life wants of you, and forget what you want of life.

Life is always full of life, despite the situation. The substance of life is always the existence, the glory, but often it's very good hidden

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 4/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Buba said:

I recently got 4 more protrusions and 2 more disc hernia on my spine. Until now I had one disc hernia. Now I have 4 protrusions and 3 disc hernia. I have horrible pain on every part of my body. I cannot stand it. But spirituality says to accept pain, to abide in pain. How? How can there be comfort in pain?  Why is my life so awful? I would still meditate even if I had a nice life. What is the point of giving me a horrible life? Would not it be good if we lived in pure bliss without pain? If there is a god why does it doing this?

The solution is not to "accept pain" as an intellectual process, trying to think it away..What You want to have is some space between what is You and what is not You, Body and Mind are not You both are accumulations, what is You was before this, when that space is established, You will feel the pain but not suffer it, or in other words it doesn't hurt as much as it should!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Better ask the same thing in the health section or/and look somewhere else, describe your diet/age, level of physical activity, medications you take and level of income, or right here too if it's easier since it's already rolling.

There is no point to suffering, you don't have to suffer for a single moment or a single tiniest thing, we just get confused because suffering is mixed up in joy/pleasure so we keep justifying suffering because it has some joy/pleasure somewhere in it, in supreme suffering lets say the only joy is precisely that it doesn't have any joy/pleasure in itself, that you don't have to ever suffer to feel good, that actually there is such a thing as a real difference between things, there are distinctions, real things/non-illusions.

You can curse god, it's more honest and direct than trying to justify getting tortured by life, do what you need to do.

You can worship and curse god, sometimes even at the same time.

Posted (edited)

Honestly I don't know, pain can be so intense and invasive, it can throw out all the fancy spiritual ideas we like to talk about. They don't feel relevant in the midst of it. Pain is so raw and direct, and utterly undeniable, it throws any conceptual games in the trash. 

I don't know if my compassion is of any help, but I really feel for you and truly wish I could somehow ease the pain and take it away. You're right, it doesn't make sense and I'm sure it's utterly unbearable at times. It's a testament to the power in you that you have made it to this moment through all these hellish states. All I can say is I really think you are an absolute hero for every minute you endure it. I see you as a brave explorer in the deep dark caves of reality where meaning is nowhere to be found and absurd levels of pain test every fibre of your being. You didn't choose to go to this place but maybe only you were up for this task, only you could explore these dark senseless caverns of consciousness.

Anyways I hope you find some solace and relief, whether it be through spiritual approaches/perspectives or through strong painkillers (as instructed by a medical professional) if necessary. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse