Leo Gura

Leo Does Political Philosophy With Advanced AI

164 posts in this topic

2016: But Leo, psychedelics are fucking up your mind!

2024: But Leo! A.I. is fucking up your mind!

Posted (edited)

I think this is a great thing as a tool to incorporate, but I have mixed emotions about this because the thought it will maybe make the person to not do humane conversations any more (like you wrote maybe sarcastically but whatever) make me somehow stressed to hear. I am a bit scared it will weaken our sense of humane-ness. But in a healthy balanced way, of course can help to learn things.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Can i use Claude 3 Opus to text girls?

At the end even claude is impressed by your intelligence leo 😂

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Peo said:

Can i use Claude 3 Opus to text girls?

Who needs girls when you can just sext with Claude? 

:D

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

ChatGPT generates superior responses compared to Claude in my experience, maybe because I am using the unpaid version of both.

The main topics I've experimented with are: supplements, fitness, OCD, marketing, business, brainstorming creative ideas

Claude avoids answering health-related questions (for liability reasons I assume).

For example, I asked: What are the most popular exogenous substances to increase T3 alternative to prescription thyroid meds? Claude gave a weak answer essentially saying "I cannot provide medical advice, consult a doctor." ChatGPT generated a list of over a dozen options.

ChatGPT gave me more creative ideas for my business. It also summarized several mental health conditions more comprehensively and accurately than Claude.

1 minute ago, Bear632 said:

ChatGPT generates superior responses compared to Claude in my experience, maybe because I am using the unpaid version of both.

$20/month is insanely cheap given the potential of the paid version. And, yes, even if you’re only using 10% of its potential.

ChatGPT has an actual voice on the iPhone. You don’t even have to type. Almost like having a real conversation. That is why I prefer it. 

42 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

2016: But Leo, psychedelics are fucking up your mind!

2024: But Leo! A.I. is fucking up your mind!

Infinity: I am Leo's mind.

Know thyself....

@Leo Gura Can you tell me how Claude 3 compares to ChatGPT4?

I've been using ChatGPT4 ever since, and I absolutely love it. I spend hours a day just going deep with it, in some of the same ways you do with philosophy, and it's miraculous what it's capable of. Would you know some general comparisons in your philosophical investigation between the 2?

Also you might want to check this out, the guy that Jordan Peterson interviews revers to these LLMs as "continents" of unexplored knowledge, wisdom, and insights, and you can go really deep with it to sort of unearth and bring back insights to share with the world. I found his insights pretty fascinating. 

1 minute ago, Jayson G said:

Can you tell me how Claude 3 compares to ChatGPT4?

They both have pros and cons, which is why it’s important to experiment with both and determine for yourself when to use which for what purpose.

In other words, have a polygamous AI relationship  ;)

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

They both have pros and cons, which is why it’s important to experiment with both and determine for yourself when to use which for what purpose.

In other words, have a polygamous AI relationship  ;)

That's a good point to be honest. I'm sure they both have their pros and cons. Maybe having multiple tools would be great over time. 

I definitely am curious about Claude 3 opus. I never even heard of it till today. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

Can you tell me how Claude 3 compares to ChatGPT4?

I have not even used ChatGPT 4, only 3.5. So I cannot tell you.

I find Claude 3 to be better than ChatGPT 3.5. But again, this probably varies depending on your use-case.

They are both pretty good.

Edited by Leo Gura

Haven't read the whole thing yet, but the first few pages are impressive and in line with my own experiences. The last couple days since the Nazism blog post I've been testing Claude Opus through Perplexity AI (another interesting platform focused on searches), as I cannot get access to the official thing in EU. So far I just might prefer it to ChatGPT Plus, not necessarily on any 'objective' grounds, but the conversation feels more human, as if it's actually thinking deeply, while ChatGPT still has a slight 'template' response vibe. Plus Claude tends to disagree more, which leads to more nuanced discussions. In any case, both are amazing and have helped immensely in my contemplation sessions. At this point I only talk to humans about casual/business stuff and leave the philosophy exclusively to AI.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

@Leo Gura 

you mention this in your blog post:

"I have now incorporated AI into how I do philosophy. In fact, I don’t see how good philosophy could be done any other way. From now on all my work, all my videos, will be created in collaboration with AI in order to provide the most factual, nuanced, well-researched, and robust perspectives. I ask the AI to poke holes in my theories and supply me with examples and counter-examples."

In terms of a workflow for arriving at great philosophy, would you say the approach of going deep with these AI models can surpass reading books for insights and contemplation, or even doing solo philosophy with the aid of nothing? (just curious in terms of just sheer quantity of quality insights, not internalization of insights necessarily)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Excited for this, gonna read it

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura 

In terms of a workflow for arriving at great philosophy, would you say the approach of going deep with these AI models can surpass reading books for insights and contemplation, or even doing solo philosophy with the aid of nothing? (just curious in terms of just sheer quantity of quality insights, not internalization of insights necessarily)

Yes.

Reading books is very slow and comes with a lot of filler content which isn't relevant to a question at hand.

Solo work is important, but it can be hard to work based off nothing. The AI helps to seed your mind with fresh ideas, like having a brainstorming partner.

And two minds are more powerful than one, if they communicate well. You can use the AI to find gaps in your logic, which is hard to do solo.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have not even used ChatGPT 4, only 3.5. So I cannot tell you.

I find Claude 3 to be better than ChatGPT 3.5. But again, this probably varies depending on your use-case.

They are both pretty good.

oh okay, there's orders of magnitude difference between 3.5 and 4. 3.5 is wrong often, doesn't use the internet, no other external tools, much lower in intelligence, lacks depth of insight. 4 is phenomenal. 

Def will check out claude 3 opus