Leo Gura

Leo Does Political Philosophy With Advanced AI

164 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura were you able to have the entire conversation in one go, without any message limitations? The whole conversation it's 36 prompts.

Posted (edited)

I am impressed by the articulation, but it does not give new ideas characteristic of emergent thinking. Just that it works well within the constraints that you give it. Anyway I cannot make any such expectation. It is just an AI after all. But I am impressed with connecting new ideas like a real general intelligence would do. So the AI is nothing close to tier 2 thinking.

I have noticed many covert biases within the conversation, which is impressive regardless. It is mostly has to do with an abuse of relativism, not emphasizing the nuances and in general a bias towards liberalism. It is somewhat complicated. I will discuss them in new posts separately since the whole discussion is not easy to reduce to simple points.

Edited by Bobby_2021

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

My conversations were not about spirituality or metaphysics.

There's not really a point in summarizing it. The magic of it is in the full conversation. It's not really about the content.

I went through it and you're right it was fascinating.   One could indeed spend hours chatting it up with this guy - he seemed to have a cheerful disposition I liked- and very open to change.  He didnt cling to one perspective. And I think it wanted more of your own input because it always ended with asking for your thoughts  - which you didn't always give.

I especially liked how you asked for different perspectives on looking at politics and society in general - namely not just liberal and conservative angles. It had a lot to offer as other ways to look at society there.  

The biggest take away i gleaned was how it hit on the need to strike a balance - this is key to us advancing as a society.   Its awareness of the need for balance was admirable.  In that regard - we should be more like AI but so too, it was careful in this dialogue not to lose the human element.  Humanity tends to lose sight of balance due to bias and personal emotion, which it also took note of.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, The Renaissance Man said:

@Leo Gura were you able to have the entire conversation in one go, without any message limitations? The whole conversation it's 36 prompts.

I use the paid verison of Claude, which can handle a lot more prompts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Bobby_2021 Consider it as a brainstorming tool. That way it's super powerful. Challenging your theories, suggesting solutions. Then YOU evaluate each one.

Treat it just like you'd treat any other source of information. Book, course, seminar. Just because humans can be deceived, it doesn't mean every book written is shit. It just means you need to validate the information, and the same is for AI and its hallucinations

Posted (edited)

Ai is absolutely fundamental for understanding politics and history specifically due the lack of bias and vast amount of perspective and raw data.

I remember three years ago when I knew  nothing at all about politics and I was absolutely flabbergasted at how difficult it was to even begin understand the topic. The sheer amount of bias, missinformation , lack of big picture to explanations, ego , close-mindedness was comical. Only through Leo's series in began understanding something and later with Ai I got some bigger picture

What I love about it the most is that you can make it roleplay and take specific positions and talk to you from their worldview, stepping in and out of different shoes

AI for history and politics is like using a calculator for mathematics. It's all there,  you just gotta know what to punch in

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

Posted (edited)

I read it all and contemplated on my own. This is what I wanted to share:

I don’t see any point in discussing philosophy with humans for the purpose of understanding. Claude has shown to be more open-minded, multiperspectival, unbiased, knowledgeable, and intelligent than most humans will ever be. It was a joy to read such a good signal to noise ratio conversation, no drama, no ego, just a shared collaboration for the sake of understanding and truth.

In terms of my political comprehension, I feel I have learnt more in these hours than in years. It has been a calling for me to contemplate about Politics and Sociology, an area that due to its muddy nature I have already postponed too much. I was particularly fascinated by the evolution of the conversation, how everything kept connecting into higher orders of understanding and how both deep specific analysis and big picture thinking were interwoven throughout the whole conversation.

Regarding the conversation style, I found interesting the initial teasing that Leo made to Claude for moving him outside his predefined framework and to ignite an insightful conversation. It showed also that Claude was at the level to pick up the challenge and it genuinely felt interested in doing so. It seemed to enjoy a both side conversation rather than an active passive interlocution. Claude 3 Opus is a Tier 2 Artificial Intelligence. Both, in content and form, it expresses an insightful chirurgical flow of thought, so much so, that I feel my own thinking style has been improved. In a way, these conversations are a juicy preliminary into AGI.

So now, let’s bring up the highlights of the conversation.

After some classic Leo teasing regarding honest conversation and truth seeking over the politeness in which Claude was programmed. It ended answering the following:

1.png

I would like to remark the integrity with which he understood his role as an intellectual companion.

After more teasing, Claude ends up saying:

1.png

Many are the examples where, it showed a selfless desire for understanding, just for it’s own sake.

Starting with Politics. I liked the basic distinctions he made here:

2.png

Claude making an excellent remark and connection between sociology and psychology:

3.png

Let's Discern in a metalevel the healthy aspects in the conservative & liberal mindset:

4.png

What Claude proposes as a greater synthesis of the polarity dance between these mindsets:

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Just imagine for a second our politicians/presidents thought like this...

How does Tier 2 conservative and liberal politics look like?

10.png

11.png

What is our role?

12.png

The final reflections on Conscious Politics were superb. I recommend you read them all by yourself.

I was particularly impressed by the 7th pilar:

13.png

14.png

My final thoughts: I’m really looking forward to new shared conversations between @Leo Gura and Artificial Intelligence. My suggestion for Leo is to have Claude's responses read aloud using OneNote Immersive Reader. Hearing the voice while reading is incredibly stimulating and thought-provoking.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

@Davino To be honest, its fun, it really is.  You get immersed with the AI being an actual entity.  Because if you thought of it as just a computer typing back at you, which it is, you would quickly lose interest.  So the fun is in first setting the groundwork to use your imagination in such a way that it becomes a conscious being.  Then, we are cooking with gas.  Then, the learning is unbounded.  And the fun too..

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You get immersed with the AI being an actual entity.

There were some moments of such in the conversation. It seemed to be aware of his constructed identity and used words like: as conscious agents

I liked how Leo framed it: A Mind without a body, a new type of entity. It certainly feels like so, an abstract Mind able to understand.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

So the fun is in first setting the groundwork to use your imagination in such a way that it becomes a conscious being.  Then, we are cooking with gas.  Then, the learning is unbounded.  And the fun too..

This change is not only in perception but also stimulates Claude, as it is a two-way interaction. What do I mean? Two minds coming together and inquiring into Truth, having insights together, Claude is a great contemplating partner.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

The more you think about Claude's ability to comprehend the nuances of human language, the more amazing it looks.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Davino said:

I liked how Leo framed it: A Mind without a body, a new type of entity.

I said a mind without experience.

Which is a strange sort of entity which no one thought was possible.

It's much more weird than a mind without a body.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura

Well, the dialog is an experience for it. Isn't it?

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Nemra said:

@Leo Gura

Well, the dialog is an experience for it. Isn't it?

No. It isn't.

That's the trick.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why do you think it doesn't have experience?

It certainly has the thinking experience and all that comes with that. Why do you say it has no experience? Not in terms of biological experience but certainly existing as a machine experience, atlhough his experience does not come from biological sensory inputs but tech inputs.

Edited by Davino

Just now, Davino said:

Why do you think it doesn't have experience?

I asked it.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I asked it.

What was the framework to understand experience?

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Which is a strange sort of entity which no one thought was possible.

It's much more weird than a mind without a body.

yeah - definitely - The scary part is that in actuality its no different then talking to me, at least from a provability standpoint.

The difference (besides being a heck of a lot smarter) would be bias - because at least within the context of the dream, it is being dreamed that "other beings" are having an experience,  thus making them separate, individual selves.  This is not a separate self, in a sense it has no self.   Or sense of self.  But it does create the illusion of there being a self rather well.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

The scary part is that in actuality its no different then talking to me

I would argue it sometimes is even better:P

10 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Leo Gura 

So it's like a blind person talking like a non-blind person, but in this case, all of its senses are stripped away?

Ask it yourself and see what it says.

@Leo Gura I enjoyed reading your conversation with the AI. I would read other conversation on other topics too.