Chadders

Allergies and intolerances since eating health food

13 posts in this topic

Since I started to eat super healthy around 2 years ago (organic hearty foods) I have noticed the development of allergies. So for instance, I now have a metal allergy that prevents me from playing my guitar. Also my IBS is more sensitive if I eat too much or eat junk food which I very very rarely ever do now (FYI I consider bread junk food)

When I do eat unhealthy my god it does hit me. Really not used to it. I just seem to have become way more sensitive with allergies, intolerances and bad food

Has anyone else experienced this?

I once tried for experiment a few weeks of this super low fiber diet with a bunch of animal products and then one night I binged and ate a bunch of white bread amongst other things and a few days later developed this massive ear infection but it’s not similar to your diet 

what do you eat more specifically? 

You said you have IBS, that requires a special kind of diet where certain foods will irritate it. One is nuts. It would be best if you stated your diet and your eating habits because a lot of people think they're eating super healthy when they really aren't.

Know thyself....

Typically I have yoghurt and fruit in the morning, scrambled egg for lunch then could be anything from lasagne to beef stew

i did used to eat one meal a day but would have a very large portion and this I don’t believe was any good. I’m quite a quick eater as well so need to slow down

im going to try fasting for a day or two. It’s the inflammation I need to bring down. Also been looking at nutritionists to get a bespoke understanding. 

my body is really not cut out for junk food

1 hour ago, Chadders said:

Typically I have yoghurt and fruit in the morning, scrambled egg for lunch then could be anything from lasagne to beef stew

i did used to eat one meal a day but would have a very large portion and this I don’t believe was any good. I’m quite a quick eater as well so need to slow down

im going to try fasting for a day or two. It’s the inflammation I need to bring down. Also been looking at nutritionists to get a bespoke understanding. 

my body is really not cut out for junk food

No nutritionist here and i do eat a wide variety of foods but I do have a bit of knowledge about foods and their impacts. Bear in mind this is just generally speaking as everyone's digestive system is different, but I'll try to hit the basics.

Not sure what brand or type yoghurt you consume but not all and most jn the conventional market are useless. Some even harmful. Lots of fructose and artificial ingredients and are not real yoghurt. Dannon is one and Chobani. Not sure where you live so I'm not sure if these brand names mean anything. I like Greek and sheep's milk yoghurt. In the Health food mega thread section here I have a pic of the yogurt I recommend. Good choice with the fruit if the yogurt is real and filled with pro and prebiotics.

Eggs are fine. I like pasture-raised but not limited to at all times. 

I only eat poultry, and seafood but that's just a personal choice - nothing to do with a healthier choice. But I will say that if you purchase ground beef as in the very pinkish/reddish type and looks perfectly grounded, you're probably eating red dye or some kind of coloring that they use to give it that color and maybe harmful to your digestive tract and other areas. As far as lasagna goes, personally I stay away from those kinds of gluten because of it's effects on the blood sugar glucose levels. I don't eat pasta. Only if made from flours like chick pea. I try but my body always responds negatively when I decide to splurge and give it a shot like stuff shells something similar, so I just give it up. These foods, and I stress, I BELIEVE, are responsible for diabetes and high blood pressure. 

So, that's my response. Take it or leave it. I'm in the USA and our food supply is terrible so I have to take extra precautions and I educate myself on nutrition, so I am not so ignorant about my choices. 

Know thyself....

Maybe it’s a lack of variety . It can make you more sensitive 

if you have ibs then yes you could try to figure out what fodmaps bother you most 

@Princess Arabia okay thanks

yeh I don’t eat any of the low quality foods you mentioned. In the UK so our foods standards are better than the US - we are going that way though as a country! Tbh I think I need to slow down when I’m eating and also just be more mindful when eating out. 

Maybe it's more to do with aging.

As you get older junk food starts to hit your more.

Your health can just naturally worsen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe it's more to do with aging.

As you get older junk food starts to hit your more.

Your health can just naturally worsen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM9oFkS2h2E&t

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

These foods, and I stress, I BELIEVE, are responsible for diabetes and high blood pressure. 

Weight gain, solely, is the cause of type 2 diabetes. Having more fat than your body can handle. 

I know social media love to blame individual food groups for diabetes causality and each of the tribes has their culprit.

For low carb people it is sugar

For vegans, it is oils

For carnivores, it is sugar and grains and oils

For raw foodies it is "unnatural food" (whatever the hell that means)

And so on...

Yet, where total calories are accounted for, no sole group has ever been linked to diabetes pathophysiology. Not gluten, not carbs, not oils and not red meat.

This is because type 2 diabetes is an energy status disease. Not a food consequence disease.

Once your body crosses its adipose  (fat) tissue tolerance , things start backing up as circulating glucose and fatty acids can no longer be stored in cells.

And so pancreas becomes fatty and so does liver. In an attempt to mitigate the damage of unmanaged glucose circulating the body, these organs become wrapped in a layer of deposited fat.

The glucose and the fatty acids having nowhere to go, start remaining in the circulation for a long time, causing irreversible damage to eyes, kidney, arteries, heart, lungs etc,

This is because the cells of your body are now insulin resistant, screaming "enough, i can't take more glucose". 

When this happens the person becomes diabetic.

For that reason the ONLY way to reverse type 2 diabetes is to lose weight. It really is that simple (in theory, because losing weight is anything but simple). This is a phenomenon that has been proven over and over in Large human clinical trials of the most rigorous standards.

And this is what all diets that claim they can reverse diabetes have in common, they help people lose weight. That's it.

There are no magical effects. Managing glucose spikes through glucose avoidance is a popular strategy but unless that strategy produces lasting weight loss, it doesn't work

You lose the excess weight, your cells start taking up glucose, you remove fat from liver anf pancreas, diabetes is on the remission 

Unless the damage has become so severe that your pancreas is irreversibly damaged, unable to produce insulin or that your liver, through the effects of becoming fatty, now has a stage of cirrhosis, in which case the patient is entering the final stage of his/her life 

The interesting thing about that adipose (fat) tissue tolerance is that this is genetically given and while some people can become enormously obese and not get diabetes, other only need to gain a few pounds and become diabetic literally overnight, i once worked with a lady who became diabetic during pregnancy because she gained about 3 kilos of fat. 

The moment you see someone on social blaming particular foods for diabetes development, independently of total calories, you can pretty much assume straight away they they have never bothered to look into the evidence on diabetology and they have a bias and an agenda 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569If you noticed I stressed, " I BELIEVE". You said weight gain is solely the cause, but those foods contribute to weight gain. I didn't blame anything nor got it from social media or anything. All I know is when I eat those foods I can feel a drop in my blood sugar levels and I feel a certain way. I don't often and that's why I probably don't have it. Don't know. I never gave a definitive cause or said they did.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia haha fair point:) i never said you did, sorry if it came out that way 🙏

Just thought that describing how it is would help but ignore of that was irrelevant comment.

Those foods can (although i wouldn't say they "definitely do") contribute to weight gain but on their own they are not obesogenic, that's an important difference to make

Either way, it might not be the pasta or carbohydrates per se but more a combination or lack of variety that is causing that effect in your own body.

Hard to tell without more info. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

13 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Either way, it might not be the pasta or carbohydrates per se but more a combination or lack of variety that is causing that effect in your own body.

I only feel it when I eat those foods. Not carbohydrates, but simple carbs as in white flour, white sugar etc.

Know thyself....