Amilaer---

Parent with schizophrenia - shrooms - need advice 🙏

29 posts in this topic

I bought a Golden Teacher growkit a week ago and I plan to do my first trip next month 🍄.
However, after doing more research I noticed that almost all studies strongly suggest avoiding psilocybin when having first-degree relatives with mental disorders.

My mom was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia (when having menopause - 52 yo) and also my uncle (mom's brother) has even more serious schizophrenia that started when he was a teenager. 

I've never had any psychotic episodes and I feel that I am a very grounded person (doing personal dev for 5-6 years with solo retreats etc.). 

Just wanted to go deeper with my consciousness work. I plan to start very low, like 0.5g - 1g or even 0.3g lemon tek to reduce nausea and shorten the trip. 

Any thoughts about trying shrooms? Have you heard about real cases of triggering mental disorders with shrooms? Maybe the chance is higher but is it worth completely abandoning psychedelics? I feel that the dose and the setting are crucial here but I would love to hear your thoughts  🙏

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

Posted (edited)

I don’t know. Everyone is so different I’ve decided not to give that advice generally. The same dose for me may land someone else in a psych unit.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Makes sense.

I will start super low or resign completely. 

Thanks for your thoughts. 

"Nope"

6 hours ago, Amilaer--- said:

I bought a Golden Teacher growkit a week ago and I plan to do my first trip next month 🍄.
However, after doing more research I noticed that almost all studies strongly suggest avoiding psilocybin when having first-degree relatives with mental disorders.

My mom was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia (when having menopause - 52 yo) and also my uncle (mom's brother) has even more serious schizophrenia that started when he was a teenager. 

I've never had any psychotic episodes and I feel that I am a very grounded person (doing personal dev for 5-6 years with solo retreats etc.). 

Just wanted to go deeper with my consciousness work. I plan to start very low, like 0.5g - 1g or even 0.3g lemon tek to reduce nausea and shorten the trip. 

Any thoughts about trying shrooms? Have you heard about real cases of triggering mental disorders with shrooms? Maybe the chance is higher but is it worth completely abandoning psychedelics? I feel that the dose and the setting are crucial here but I would love to hear your thoughts  🙏

My grandparents diagnosed with schizophrenia. İ did many psychedelics. Nothing happened. İf you are planning to trip, i advice you to not have any doubt about it. Because, you will die within the trip with high dosage consuming. İ advice you to use smaller amounts at the beginning and see how it goes for you. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 hours ago, Amilaer--- said:

Don’t forget that set and setting are important. Were these study participants doing shrooms in a controlled laboratory with materialist scientists? Did they have any spiritual background? We don’t know! 

@James123 What does it mean when people say U WILL DIE?

I've done a lot of psychedelics and had breakthroughs but still not exactly sure what that phrase means

@PenguinPablo basically the idea you have of yourself prior goes bye-bye.

How long? Idk.

6 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

@James123 What does it mean when people say U WILL DIE?

I've done a lot of psychedelics and had breakthroughs but still not exactly sure what that phrase means

You never had an ego death?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Yimpa i feel like that happens to me quite often but i think there's still deepr to go. last time i got fucking scared and wanted to go back to my ego dream

1 minute ago, PenguinPablo said:

i feel like that happens to me quite often but i think there's still deepr to go. last time i got fucking scared and wanted to go back to my ego dream

Remember that Intelligence is at work to protect you from going too cray cray. All is well!

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Remember that Intelligence is at work to protect you from going too cray cray. All is well!

What do you mean?

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

What do you mean?

I have experienced what @PenguinPablo mentioned many times. However, despite fearing that those paralyzing and terrifying experiences will never end, they inevitably do. I just surrender to the experience without trying to control it. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I have experienced what @PenguinPablo mentioned many times. However, despite fearing that those paralyzing and terrifying experiences will never end, they inevitably do. I just surrender to the experience without trying to control it. 

They don’t for everyone 

or at least people can be very destabilized for long periods that can adversely affect your life in ways you can’t currently imagine. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

They don’t for everyone 

or at least people can be very destabilized for long periods that can adversely affect your life in ways you can’t currently imagine. 

Is that purely because you are blind to to the consequences and dissociated from reality

As in the consequences compound over time unbeknownst to you?

Edited by PenguinPablo

@PenguinPablo No, sometimes a single trip can throw off and overwhelm or destabilize someone. Your maturity, brain health and unique genetics play a roll in this. 

I don’t mean to fear monger, but take full responsibility for your choices. 

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

shrooms cured my schizophrenia, or let me see that I have it. I think alot of people have it. Its not something to be feared you can actually use it as a tool. The only problem is people have negative programming and it starts attacking them.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

This is Bosh well for me it is and obviously for others it's not. It must be a very selective and biased intelligence. 

Edited by Jehovah increases

Posted (edited)

On 30/03/2024 at 5:22 PM, Amilaer--- said:

Make sure you are very grounded and yes start very low. Slowly build your way up and make sure to take breaks. Yes, set and setting a place where you are very comfortable. And you are in the right frame of mind.

. As for mental disorders, I can not say apart from being very cautious and careful. I never suffered from any mental illness nor does anyone in my family that I know of. But on one of my biggest trips a few days later somehow OCD was manifested the worst kind that I would not wish upon anyone. And if something does go awry don't be like me and not seek help.

Oh, make sure you don't knock yourself out and die. In other words, if you are doing it in your house make sure it is not cluttered with antiques. Perhaps lay on your bed and do it there of course that's up to you. I did some other big trips since then and had no problems at all.

Ego death most of you have no idea what that entails. Derealization or depersonalization does not bother me but for some, it will. Yes, I have been in a temp psychosis and had depression and insanity they weren't so bad I found them in some way fascinating to an extent from the experience and they subsided. 

But for me, the worst was mental OCD. I did have an experience later on that I may talk about one day. With all that said in the end it's up to you. So proceed with caution and common sense. Have Fun and be nice to Fungi.

Yes, these experiences are fine and can teach you as long as you return to homeostasis. Problems that persist months even years after serve no purpose whatsoever. Hope this helps🙏

She should have micro-dosed on and off for 3 months. 

Edited by Jehovah increases

16 hours ago, James123 said:

My grandparents diagnosed with schizophrenia. İ did many psychedelics. Nothing happened. İf you are planning to trip, i advice you to not have any doubt about it. Because, you will die within the trip with high dosage consuming. İ advice you to use smaller amounts at the beginning and see how it goes for you. 

Yep, I will start low, thanks!

"Nope"

16 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Don’t forget that set and setting are important. Were these study participants doing shrooms in a controlled laboratory with materialist scientists? Did they have any spiritual background? We don’t know! 

True.

Most stories are anecdotal - having a high dose in the wrong setting.

But still, I will try to be extremely careful. 

Thanks for the comment!

"Nope"