What Am I

Iboga for spiritual work

36 posts in this topic

Coming back to report on my "minidose" today.  I took 1,5g (1+0,5- 1 hour later). 

Doesn't feel psychedelic to me at all, more like dissociative , also a bit sedating. I could function, talk to people, etc but I felt dumber than usual and a bit paranoid, like my IQ was 20 points lower. Also my memory is somewhat messed up. At least it has silenced my inner critic - but also not sure if it has not just dumbed me down. 

Let's see if I can get something meaningful out of this in the time to come, else I will try 2 g next when I get the time (I expect this ride to take some more time, last time I took 0,3g and could still feel it like 1,5 days later a bit.

Ma

Posted (edited)

On 5/19/2024 at 8:12 PM, Lynx said:

I’m in Gabon right now, I’ve just finally had the initiation and oh boy was it difficult! 
what you wrote in your trip report is exactly what I had, I felt so disoriented it was even traumatizing. 
I would describe the experience as being crushed over by a giant truck, my foundations have been shaken out to the very core, I couldn’t even formulate clear thoughts, it’s like my mental process was restored to one of a little child. 
I was expecting great insights into the nature of my problems but got none of that now, I’m still integrating the experience as it still very fresh so I will give it some more time and for the very first time in my life I have to admit I might need integration coach or something like that.

I took 5 spoon in total, Iboga asked me to take one more at some point but I didn’t, I regret it because that’s probably when visuals would have started but I guess it would be for the next time now.

Sounds like a complicated medicine. I have also read this in other places,  not something easy.

What I also read is that sub-flood doses are hard, very hard. Much harder than flood doses.

Edited by MaDoubt

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, MaDoubt said:

Sounds like a complicated medicine. I have also read this in other places,  not something easy.

I haven't had an opportunity to try iboga yet, but this is kind of where I'm at with it now as well. Everything I've read indicates it's a complex chemical and not usually easy to work with, even at micro/mini dose amounts. I've had so many brutal and crushing trips at this point, I'm looking for something a little more pleasant. I'll have to revisit later.

Edited by What Am I

14 hours ago, MaDoubt said:

Coming back to report on my "minidose" today.  I took 1,5g (1+0,5- 1 hour later). 

Doesn't feel psychedelic to me at all, more like dissociative , also a bit sedating. I could function, talk to people, etc but I felt dumber than usual and a bit paranoid, like my IQ was 20 points lower. Also my memory is somewhat messed up. At least it has silenced my inner critic - but also not sure if it has not just dumbed me down. 

Let's see if I can get something meaningful out of this in the time to come, else I will try 2 g next when I get the time (I expect this ride to take some more time, last time I took 0,3g and could still feel it like 1,5 days later a bit.

Ma

Today I feel pretty chill, liberated, like a weight was taken from my shoulders.

Psychoanalytic is the right word. I have recognized bad behavior patterns in myself and others which I could not clearly see before (although I yesterday felt pretty dumb). Like my inability to say "No" to people and how I entangle  myself doing so, also  people (and family) using various manipulation tactics on me which I could not clearly see before and which are influencing my life heavily.

Also, my inner chatter is slowed down, maybe even stopped and I  don't  pick up easily  the negative energy of other people , kind of like a cool, healthy indifference.

I will try 2 g when I get the time, interesting substance, and "you don't get what you want, you get what you need" seems right now.

With Iboga hitting a lot of receptors, I expect  different effects at various dosages, let's see.

Ma

On 4/7/2024 at 7:11 PM, What Am I said:

Agreed, it could be the very thing that helps someone cross that seemingly insurmountable gap of authentic awakening. Admittedly, I'm making my judgement of a retreat's effectiveness for myself without ever having attended one. It's something to keep an open mind about I guess.

To my knowledge, I've never been in the physical presence of someone who's seriously skilled and awakened. I'd love to try that sometime, as it can supposedly produce profound effects on its own via the entrainment caused by their elevated energetic field.

"physical presence of someone who's seriously skilled and awakened"

I am surprised noone has not done a retreat, expo,etc for this group.

I feel like this forum has some of those people.

1 hour ago, RamPhoenix said:

I am surprised noone has not done a retreat, expo,etc for this group.

I feel like this forum has some of those people.

I bet there's been at least a few. I was chatting with one guy from here who supposedly had the higher type of kundalini awakening similar to Gopi Krishna, where the transcendent effects don't simply stop after just a few days. If our mainstream science had the knowledge and tools to measure it properly, I bet there's some really interesting energetic events going on around that guy. None that you'd want to be in the presence of though probably, as it was very distressing for him.

On 6/4/2024 at 11:49 AM, What Am I said:

I bet there's been at least a few. I was chatting with one guy from here who supposedly had the higher type of kundalini awakening similar to Gopi Krishna, where the transcendent effects don't simply stop after just a few days. If our mainstream science had the knowledge and tools to measure it properly, I bet there's some really interesting energetic events going on around that guy. None that you'd want to be in the presence of though probably, as it was very distressing for him.

You know of any LEGIT retreats, expos, mentors that discuss "kundalini awakenings"??

I bought this book & so much he says "resonates" with what I have been experiencing. Not sure why it isnt more popular.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KundaliniAwakening/comments/18h7t4s/my_personal_favorite_book_on_kundalini/

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, RamPhoenix said:

You know of any LEGIT retreats, expos, mentors that discuss "kundalini awakenings"??

I bought this book & so much he says "resonates" with what I have been experiencing. Not sure why it isnt more popular.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KundaliniAwakening/comments/18h7t4s/my_personal_favorite_book_on_kundalini/

Wow, that does look good. I'll check it out, thanks.

I can vouch for these two books being helpful. They filled in some knowledge gaps for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Exposed-Disclosing-Kundalini-Awakening/dp/B0B6KRCPJB/
https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Tantra-Re-print-Golden-Jubilee/dp/8185787158/

As far as any authentically accomplished individuals who primarily focus on publicly teaching/transmitting kundalini, I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure they exist.

What have you been noticing in yourself? We're posting in the psychedelics section, so I'm guessing your experiences were induced by those?

Edited by What Am I

On 6/8/2024 at 5:12 PM, What Am I said:

Wow, that does look good. I'll check it out, thanks.

I can vouch for these two books being helpful. They filled in some knowledge gaps for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Exposed-Disclosing-Kundalini-Awakening/dp/B0B6KRCPJB/
https://www.amazon.com/Kundalini-Tantra-Re-print-Golden-Jubilee/dp/8185787158/

As far as any authentically accomplished individuals who primarily focus on publicly teaching/transmitting kundalini, I'm not aware of any, but I'm sure they exist.

What have you been noticing in yourself? We're posting in the psychedelics section, so I'm guessing your experiences were induced by those?

Hello WAI,

Your a perfect example of "intuition, Synchronicity". I came across a couple of your posts & my intuition, spidey sense was buzzing. You could also say, your posts "resonated with me" & I started to respond to your specific posts. There are so many examples, stories, etc. My formal education is poor & I am not a good writer. Is there a medium where you would feel comfortable talking directly? (call through IG? as an example)  I'll dm you

1st book came in last week LOL...  

2nd book sounds interesting thx, just ordered it.

*I do not want to "hijack" this thread. Lets move the convo to the another thread.  Ill find it & post it, here.  

Lets resume this convo on this thread??   your thoughts??   Im interested In "kundalini" for mental health, consciousness elevation & nurturing "psychic abilities". I have a personal theory on my anxiety, adhd, effects from childhood trauma. What mainstream medicine calls "anxiety" in MY CASE is really the "energy" from  kundalini. It was a game changer for me when I viewed my "adhd" as really just a form of "energy" that I need to "transmute, transfer, morph" with open arms & direct/channel it through consciousness. I am in the early stages, I hope I am making sense. 

1 hour ago, RamPhoenix said:

Hello WAI,

Your a perfect example of "intuition, Synchronicity". I came across a couple of your posts & my intuition, spidey sense was buzzing. You could also say, your posts "resonated with me" & I started to respond to your specific posts. There are so many examples, stories, etc. My formal education is poor & I am not a good writer. Is there a medium where you would feel comfortable talking directly? (call through IG? as an example)  I'll dm you

1st book came in last week LOL...  

2nd book sounds interesting thx, just ordered it.

*I do not want to "hijack" this thread. Lets move the convo to the another thread.  Ill find it & post it, here.  

Sure, please feel free to DM me or chat in threads on this site, but I'll want to keep myself anonymous beyond that. That way I'll feel more free to discuss the batshit crazy stuff I believe xD.

I should also mention I'm not a kundalini expert of any kind. My largest advantage is knowing that it and the energetic system exist as a fact, and that it's as fundamental to spiritual awareness as muscles are to bodily movement. And as you're hinting at, it's responsible for the more "impossible" things that humans are capable of.

On 6/20/2024 at 4:23 AM, What Am I said:

@MaDoubt any new experiences with iboga to report?

Yes, tried 2 g rootbark 2 days ago , just did not manage to get to write it down.

I was kind of sedated (think that still am a bit) , or detached or maybe both. As with my previous experience, I did not feel much when under the influence, I actually feel a bit dumber .  It actually does not feel psychedelic to me, more dissociative , at this dosage at least. For now I cannot get much out of this experience. Will see in the coming days.

3 hours ago, MaDoubt said:

Yes, tried 2 g rootbark 2 days ago , just did not manage to get to write it down.

I was kind of sedated (think that still am a bit) , or detached or maybe both. As with my previous experience, I did not feel much when under the influence, I actually feel a bit dumber .  It actually does not feel psychedelic to me, more dissociative , at this dosage at least. For now I cannot get much out of this experience. Will see in the coming days.

I wonder if you'd have better luck using a total alkaloid extract. I hear there's a lot of material in the rootbark that causes undesirable effects.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Iboga_TA_extraction

I did not get much this time worth mentioning. The coming days you get a bit of a clarity regarding your life and how things affect you but nothing comparable to a proper psychedelic trip. It is also not a proper microdose as you feel the effect very well (even 1-2 days afterwards),

I don't think microdosing works with Iboga, what people call "Micro" is actually a low dose trip, just that you are present in this reality.

Might give TA also a try but first have some Nats coming (heard they are completely different from cubensis, no bodyload, much cleaner trip, no anxiety) and 5 MEO -MALT to try :)

Lets see..

2 hours ago, MaDoubt said:

I did not get much this time worth mentioning. The coming days you get a bit of a clarity regarding your life and how things affect you but nothing comparable to a proper psychedelic trip. It is also not a proper microdose as you feel the effect very well (even 1-2 days afterwards),

I don't think microdosing works with Iboga, what people call "Micro" is actually a low dose trip, just that you are present in this reality.

Might give TA also a try but first have some Nats coming (heard they are completely different from cubensis, no bodyload, much cleaner trip, no anxiety) and 5 MEO -MALT to try :)

Lets see..

Another option where iboga is concerned would be the tincture mentioned in the thread below. It offers a much lower dose and it's absorbed via sublingual administration.