Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,820 posts in this topic

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-11/ty-article/.premium/israeli-army-says-it-failed-to-protect-kibbutz-beeri-residents-in-oct-7-hamas-attack/00000190-a213-dd20-abfa-fe1748d00000

Israeli Army Says It 'Failed to Protect' Kibbutz Be'eri Residents in Oct. 7 Hamas Attack

Official IDF probe finds forces unprepared for scenario of mass assault by thousands of terrorists ■ Lack of coordination resulted in forces gathering at kibbutz entrance without engaging with Hamas ■ Decision to fire tank shells at kibbutz home where Israeli hostages held was taken 'professionally and responsibly"

@Karmadhi sorry but you are super wrong on this. I just spoke with someone from the military and they were exchanging fires with militants from hospital, that’s a first hand information, I know at least few people on the battle field now. That’s why they had to use Air Force for protection to destroy the militants. Now the main question is why it’s not being told in public that actually Hamas militants were shooting rockets from the same hospital that is a mystery to me. However, the US is aware and they did tell their American counterparts, and they got ok from US military. So the heading stands clear, Russia did attack hospital and killed Ukrainians but an air strike did destroyed hospital in Gaza.

There is a lot of things what they don’t report what’s happening in actuality, which in my opinion is wrong and it gives false impression that people like you fall into that trap, but how many people have direct communication with soldiers here? 

Sorry brother but we need get rid of terrorists. Oh and the house on south Hebron Hills that @Raze posted was a home of one terrorist who was liquidated and since his home was covering him, the house went together with his, to hell. 

It’s a war of good vs evil and USA and a lot of free world does understand. And besides, even the Arab states are not doing anything about it as they know what is happening and notice there is no protest in Saudi, or UAE or others. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by Raze

2 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

sorry but you are super wrong on this. I just spoke with someone from the military and they were exchanging fires with militants from hospital, that’s a first hand information, I know at least few people on the battle field now. That’s why they had to use Air Force for protection to destroy the militants. Now the main question is why it’s not being told in public that actually Hamas militants were shooting rockets from the same hospital that is a mystery to me. However, the US is aware and they did tell their American counterparts, and they got ok from US military. So the heading stands clear, Russia did attack hospital and killed Ukrainians but an air strike did destroyed hospital in Gaza.

There is a lot of things what they don’t report what’s happening in actuality, which in my opinion is wrong and it gives false impression that people like you fall into that trap, but how many people have direct communication with soldiers here? 

I am talking in general, they have bombed all hospitals dozens of times. Not a specific instance where perhaps it is indeed as you say. So I am talking more on the systematic campaign to destroy all hospitals. Do not get me wrong, there is clear reason to do this. For ethnic cleansing it works great, which is what they are aiming for here. Hamas is just the excuse. Even if some do shoot from there.

Regarding Ukraine I was shown a picture of a bunch of clearly market Ukranian soldiers (wearing uniform and all) in what seemed to be a high school gym. That picture made me doubt that perhaps sometimes schools are indeed used as places where soldiers gather. But it is not enough proof of course, just enough to question the reasoning for the strikes. Considering Russia is not trying to do ethnic cleansing via bombings (perhaps they may try it when they actually annex land), I see little reason for them to waste precious ammunitions on bombing schools. Especially considering Ukraine actually has air defenses. I do not see much strategic gain here. If they want to just be evil, they can just start killing random Ukranian civilians on the occupied territories they have. Like the Nazis did. They already occupy millions. No need to waste rockets on random buildings. 

Lastly, the issue I have with Israel is also the crazy ratios they have. Giving green light to kill 10 to 20 civilians for 1 normal Hamas guy is basically a war crime. 100 civilians for 1 Hamas senior? Incredible inhumane. This total lack of empathy for human life is the issue here. The US never went this far, I believe at most they had a 8 civilian ratio for a senior guy during their operations on the middle east. Israel has 100.

Hamas says 195 killed in two days of strikes on Jabalia camp – as it happened | Israel-Gaza war | The Guardian

90 killed in Israeli strike on Jabalia refugee camp, says Gaza Health Ministry | CBC News

The ratios come from here : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/03/israel-gaza-ai-database-hamas-airstrikes

Screenshot_20240712-082416_Chrome.jpg

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

4 hours ago, Raze said:

All this was happening way before Oct 7 and media was not barely interested in reporting any of this.

its-not-implausible-that-the-death-toll-in-palestines-gaza-v0-bhslyr108lbd1.jpeg

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

45 minutes ago, Loveeee said:

its-not-implausible-that-the-death-toll-in-palestines-gaza-v0-bhslyr108lbd1.jpeg

And more than 1,000,000 Israelis are traumatized and suffer more daily because of this war. I can show the outer layers of the onion of my side too.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

1 hour ago, Loveeee said:

Yeah, they weren't counting the disappeared bodies under the destroyed buildings at first, they've always explained that. All international aid workers agree that this is the worst conflict that they have been into in their lives, the most devastating situations, the biggest number of burned and amputated children they've seen, without anesthetics to make it worse, and so on.

It's a genocide, an active attempt of ethnic cleansing of a land of their native people.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

And more than 1,000,000 Israelis are traumatized and suffer more daily because of this war. I can show the outer layers of the onion of my side too.

They are not dying though. That is the point. If you just want to talk about "trauma" and "living worse", then 2.2 million people in Gaza are ALL affected.

But we are talking about more serious things here.

Like dying.

Nobody denies war affects a lot of people in some ways.

Also half of Israelis are affected by Hezbollah attacks on the North which are a separate issue although somewhat linked.

I would check the Israeli article that says Israeli killed some of its people using the Hannibal doctrine on October 7th.

Since the main thing you care about are the 100 hostgaes, it might be interesting to see that your government and military killed your own people to avoid them becoming hostages.

That would be enough to put me on the streets to protest if I was from there.

Barbaric policy.

Edited by Karmadhi

Things have gone out of hand way before oct 7. 

Israel should stop it's apartheid before it's too late. No country in this day and age could function as an apartheid state.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Nivsch said:

1) Would you rather be a Palestinian in Gaza or a Jew in Israel right now?

2) If that is the result of blockade and occupation, why will continuing it help avoid this in the future rather than produce the same result?

3) Does continuing the war resolve this? 

Edited by Raze

Posted (edited)

@Raze This is the result of both sides actions and responsibility during 100 years. Enough with this one side BS.

Edited by Nivsch

3 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Raze This is the result of both sides actions and responsibility during 100 years. Enough with this one side BS.

One side has almost complete military control, international support, and can end this at any time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Levy

@Vrubel 

An example of a true Israeli patriot

An example of "Humanity s best" that you often use as a term (i like the term)

Massive respect to him.

He reminds me of those Germans that wanted to kill Hitler because of his atrocities.

3 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gideon_Levy

@Vrubel 

An example of a true Israeli patriot

An example of "Humanity s best" that you often use as a term (i like the term)

Massive respect to him.

He reminds me of those Germans that wanted to kill Hitler because of his atrocities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folke_Bernadotte

This is an example of a diplomat who rescued Jews during the holocaust 

Screenshot_20240712-194953_Chrome.jpg

@Gennadiy1981

15 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

@Karmadhi sorry but you are super wrong on this. I just spoke with someone from the military and they were exchanging fires with militants from hospital, that’s a first hand information, I know at least few people on the battle field now. That’s why they had to use Air Force for protection to destroy the militants. Now the main question is why it’s not being told in public that actually Hamas militants were shooting rockets from the same hospital that is a mystery to me. However, the US is aware and they did tell their American counterparts, and they got ok from US military. So the heading stands clear, Russia did attack hospital and killed Ukrainians but an air strike did destroyed hospital in Gaza.

Sorry brother but we need get rid of terrorists. Oh and the house on south Hebron Hills that @Raze posted was a home of one terrorist who was liquidated and since his home was covering him, the house went together with his, to hell. 

It’s a war of good vs evil and USA and a lot of free world does understand. And besides, even the Arab states are not doing anything about it as they know what is happening and notice there is no protest in Saudi, or UAE or others. 

Do you have proof that Russians did attack the hospital killing Ukrainians?

Apparently you proclaim you have communications with some IDF soldiers and military in the area to somehow corroborate your story. Can you provide evidence that clearly shows you do have direct communications with those soldiers?

Get rid of terrorists? At all costs? Even if getting rid of them makes more of the terrorists?

To be honest I was expecting them to look much worse. They seem well fed and have no bruises or signs of torture. Nor have they reported any.

Much better treatment than how Israel treats their Palestinian captives.

I was expecting a beaten up skeleton with bruises to come out.

Not this.