Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,820 posts in this topic

Spain, Norway and Ireland formally recognize a Palestinian state as EU rift with Israel widens

I'm quite happy about the position my country has taken, the two-state solution.

“this is a historic decision that has a single goal, and that is to help Israelis and Palestinians achieve peace.”

“Furthermore, this decision reflects our absolute rejection of Hamas, a terrorist organization who is against the two-state solution,” Sánchez said. “From the outset, Spain has strongly condemned the terrorist attacks of Oct. 7. This clear condemnation is the resounding expression of our steadfast commitment in the fight against terrorism. I would like to underline that starting tomorrow, we would focus all our efforts to implement the two-state solution and make it a reality.”

Although Israel didn't like the formal recogntion and this was their answer:

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/israel-cuts-ties-between-spanish-consulate-in-jerusalem-palestinians-in-occupied-west-bank/3228965

In a statement, Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz said that “in response to Spain's recognition of a Palestinian state and the anti-Semitic call by Spain's deputy prime minister to not just recognize a Palestinian state but to 'liberate Palestine from the river to the sea,' I have decided to sever the connection between Spain's representation in Israel and the Palestinians.”

Katz added that he has also decided to “prohibit the Spanish Consulate in Jerusalem from providing services to Palestinians from the West Bank.”

“If this ignorant, hate-filled individual wants to understand what radical Islam truly seeks, she should study the 700 years of Islamic rule in Al-Andalus—today's Spain,” he added.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

A knesset member from Lapid's party.

Screenshot_20240531-091045_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

Moshe Ya'alon, Former minister of defense (2013-2016) and head of IDF (2002-2005) critisizes harshly the government.

Screenshot_20240531-091455_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

The word "Rabbi" there is a false Google's translation to "Head of the National Security Council" acronymed word. I write this here to not burden the message above of Moshe which is more important.

Edited by Nivsch

Being in Tel Aviv at this time with all the hostage posters and activism is incredibly powerful and for me feels like being part of history. I was yesterday at Tel Aviv University and I saw both Arab and Jewish student-soldiers casually carrying big guns around their hips. Both together to defend their country and society against true genocidal savages. These students don’t take their highly functioning democratic society for granted.

Many people like for example a good portion of secular Iranians and even some media personalities of Middle Eastern origin advocate for Israel exactly because they’re intimately familiar with what I said above.

Not everybody is building cultish temples for Palestinian victimization and in effect viewing them like animals incapable of any responsibility.

Integrating healthy stage blue on which yours and every other functioning society is built and genuinely understanding Israel's POV doesn't make you less woke but it does make you less of a woke idiot(;

@Nivsch It was great meeting you! Whenever I can I intently read your posts. Your genuine and exceptionally principled manner always shines through. It was wonderful for me to get to know the man behind the words. You have a friend for life! 

Nine-year-old Omar Hamad just lived through the worst day of his life, when his father was burned alive in Israel’s attack on a tent camp in Rafah.

"Israel said Wednesday it had achieved “tactical control” over the boundary that separates Gaza and Egypt, a significant success for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who has repeatedly described control of the area as an objective for Israel in Gaza.

9 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Nivsch It was great meeting you! Whenever I can I intently read your posts. Your genuine and exceptionally principled manner always shines through. It was wonderful for me to get to know the man behind the words. You have a friend for life! 

Wow thank you very much it was pleasure for me to meet you and hear from you, was so interesting, and for sure we will meet again and many times💛

8sdhxd.jpg

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Being in Tel Aviv at this time with all the hostage posters and activism is incredibly powerful and for me feels like being part of history. I was yesterday at Tel Aviv University and I saw both Arab and Jewish student-soldiers casually carrying big guns around their hips. Both together to defend their country and society against true genocidal savages. These students don’t take their highly functioning democratic society for granted.

Many people like for example a good portion of secular Iranians and even some media personalities of Middle Eastern origin advocate for Israel exactly because they’re intimately familiar with what I said above.

Not everybody is building cultish temples for Palestinian victimization and in effect viewing them like animals incapable of any responsibility.

Integrating healthy stage blue on which yours and every other functioning society is built and genuinely understanding Israel's POV doesn't make you less woke but it does make you less of a woke idiot(;

There are protests right now by Israeli liberals and activists calling out the atrocities done in Gaza.

Those Israelis are what you would call "the best humanity have to offer", they are the equivalent of anti Putin Russians or anti Nazi Germans.

Unfortunately such people are few.

Since you coined this term here "the best humanity has to offer", I would use that for Israelis that are against the war crimes in Gaza and against right wing Zionism.

This is the best humanity has to offer.

Eternal respect and love.

They should lead Israel towards a better path.

Edited by Karmadhi

3 hours ago, Loveeee said:

8sdhxd.jpg

This is a war that the majority of users aren't effected by and don't have any tangible relation to. Eventually, attention wanes. This is normal and happens with every major conflict until there are noteworthy updates.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Basman said:

This is a war that the majority of users aren't effected by and don't have any tangible relation to. Eventually, attention wanes. This is normal and happens with every major conflict until there are noteworthy updates.

This one is different. I didn’t even look at Ukraine war, once.. 

most people have been invested in this issue for years. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

‘This is the deal Netanyahu has already said no to’

Omar Baddar, a US-based political analyst, tells Al Jazeera the Gaza truce proposal announced by Biden appears similar to previous ones.

“This is a proposal that was effectively present from day one. Since October to this day, this is effectively the deal that was on the table, and it was Israeli rejectionism that kept us from achieving that deal where there’s an end in the war in exchange for hostages and prisoners,” Baddar said.

“President Biden understands having this war drag well past his election is not going to be something that actually works for him politically. … I think that this is why he’s putting his foot down at this point and placing enormous pressure upon Israel to accept the ceasefire deal.

“He’s presenting it as an Israeli offer, interestingly enough, but I think that’s more of a means to try to put Netanyahu in a spot where it becomes more difficult for him to say no to this. Because we know that this is the deal Netanyahu has already said no to.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2024/5/31/israels-war-on-gaza-live-unrelenting-nightmare-for-weary-palestinians

Egypt is keeping silent on this publicly from what I can tell, though there is some anger on it.

10 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

There are protests right now by Israeli liberals and activists calling out the atrocities done in Gaza.

Those Israelis are what you would call "the best humanity have to offer", they are the equivalent of anti Putin Russians or anti Nazi Germans.

Unfortunately such people are few.

Since you coined this term here "the best humanity has to offer", I would use that for Israelis that are against the war crimes in Gaza and against right wing Zionism.

This is the best humanity has to offer.

Eternal respect and love.

They should lead Israel towards a better path.

I understand both right-wing and left-wing. I only don’t respect the extreme edges. Like the Ben Gvir types or the radicalized left Israeli making good money by being a total shill to her enemies. But they are very rare, generally speaking, it’s very apparent to me how the Israeli left wing is more mature/developed than the Western version because Israelis tend to be in touch with certain realities on the ground and cannot afford to be excessively naive or have some cringe leftwing paradigms that are detached from reality. Also, they don’t overlook the inherent beauty and goodness of Israel. Of course, an outsider can be more prone to demonization and being blindly dogmatic. 

Generally speaking, Israelis have no choice but to serve in their army. I am not in a position to judge because I have not served myself. I always thought of myself as lucky but now I regret it in a sense because defending your country whether in combat or non-combat roles is important and you also simply learn valuable life skills that will greatly benefit the rest of your life. But I have no problem with the conscious objector here and there, still, though I have more respect for the people doing the fighting and working on Israel's defense. 

I once got in touch with a nerdy orthodox Jewish girl living in Europe and she was some kind of very advanced computer programmer. Like she was working with the most elite cutting-edge technology. Her goal was to move to Israel and work there on the missile defense systems in the country. Now that shit I have massive respect for. For me, that also constitutes the "best of the best" of humanity.

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

generally speaking, it’s very apparent to me how the Israeli left wing is more mature/developed than the Western version because Israelis tend to be in touch with certain realities on the ground and cannot afford to be excessively naive or have some cringe leftwing paradigms that are detached from reality

On many of the Israeli lefists I agree this is the case because the lower colors are integrated better within them just like a more stable pyramid that have a stronger base.

54 minutes ago, Vrubel said:

Also, they don’t overlook the inherent beauty and goodness of Israel.

+1 💙

A strong point.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

UK study of 1948 Israeli massacre of Palestinian village reveals mass grave sites

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/25/study-1948-israeli-massacre-tantura-palestinian-village-mass-graves-car-park

half of Israeli Jews (48%) say Arabs should be transferred or expelled from Israel

A large majority of Israeli Jews also agree that Israel should give preferential treatment to Jews (79%)

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2016/03/08/key-findings-religion-politics-israel/#:~:text=A large majority of Israeli,far from a homogeneous group.

The Or Commission, headed by Justice Theodore Or, was established by the government of Israel to investigate the October 2000 events

Government handling of the Arab sector has been primarily neglectful and discriminatory. The establishment did not show sufficient sensitivity to the needs of the Arab population, and did not take enough action in order to allocate state resources in an equal manner. The state did not do enough or try hard enough to create equality for its Arab citizens or to uproot discriminatory or unjust phenomenon. Meanwhile, not enough was done to enforce the law in the Arab sector, and the illegal and undesirable phenomena that took root there. 

As a result of this and other processes, serious distress prevailed in the Arab sector in various areas. Evidence of the distress included poverty, unemployment, a shortage of land, serious problems in the education system and substantially defective infrastructure. These all contributed to ongoing ferment that increased leading up to October 2000 and constituted a fundamental contribution to the outbreak of the events

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/the-official-summation-of-the-or-commission-report-september-2003

'Happy Holidays': Right-wing Israeli Journalists Celebrate Rafah Attack, Likening It to Lag Ba'Omer Bonfire

'The central bonfire this year in Rafah,' Israeli journalist Yinon Magal said of an Israeli strike in Rafah in southern Gaza that killed at least 35, according to Palestinian health workers

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-05-27/ty-article/.premium/right-wing-israeli-journalists-celebrate-rafah-attack-likening-it-to-lag-baomer-bonfire/0000018f-b983-dca9-a5cf-bd832e6e0000

Edited by Raze

9 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

This one is different. I didn’t even look at Ukraine war, once.. 

most people have been invested in this issue for years. 

The majority of people are too busy with their own little world too care about a war in a remote country. The only difference with this conflict is that Palestine has had years to accrue sympathy, but it is fundamentally no different from any other conflict.