Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

4,258 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Head of Israeli Opposition Yair Lapid calls for a political agreement between Israel and Lebanon that will bring the Lebanese military to sit north of Israel's borders.

https://m.jpost.com/opinion/article-823764?fbclid=iwzxh0bgnhzw0cmteaar2tunjk2w_sjy-nqfzsdjdlycahpv1pnnibtezefa_ykos8tzaawbqd3ag_aem_a-i639sw2oqkxczhfar2wg

Screenshot_20241009-095901_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20241009-135859_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

Posted (edited)

Two quotes from Lapid's (Head of Israeli Opposition) article I liked the most. Worth a separate message.

The full article in the message above. I LOVE his thinking here.

Screenshot_20241009-144419_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20241009-144323_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because Europe was too developed to let them.

They needed a place which was politically weak, which couldn't effectively resist them.

Yes, but more than that there was an agreement between these British Jewish military personnel and the British government to grant them land in Palestine for helping them win WW2.

Add to that the historical ties and the fact that much of Palestine really was uninhabited and not developed, it was by far the most sensible place.

23 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Germany was split too.

And they lost over 4 Million civilians.

Dresden and such.

Many many many women raped.

Clownery…

What did poor Nazi Germany ever do to deserve such horrible treatment?

Just now, hundreth said:

Yes, but more than that there was an agreement between these British Jewish military personnel and the British government to grant them land in Palestine for helping them win WW2.

Add to that the historical ties and the fact that much of Palestine really was uninhabited and not developed, it was by far the most sensible place.

120,000 displaced Jews immigrated to Israel. 400,000 immigrated to the United States.

There are no easy answers to complicated questions like where to move hundreds of thousands of deeply traumatized displaced refugees who felt abandoned by the nations that willingly or begrudgingly sent them to slaughter.

*This is the most important post you will read today :* *Dr. Gershon Baskin*, who was one of the main mediators in the Gilad Shalit deal, writes this morning: Dear President Biden

@POTUS

and Vice President Kamala Harris

@VP

there is a deal on the table that the entire Hamas leadership accepts - a deal #3weeks that ends the war in Gaza, Israel will withdraw a full withdrawal from Gaza, there will be an agreed release of a number and list of Palestinian prisoners, and the return of all 101 Israeli and foreign abductees from Gaza, and Hamas adds and says: "We have no objection to the establishment of a civil, technocratic government of independent and professional people to manage the affairs of Gaza, and enjoy all the powers that guarantee the security, order and management of the crossings." Za'ot says a new administration in Gaza that Hamas is not a part of. This is a victory for Netanyahu, and this could be President Biden's legacy - not the president of the Gaza war, but the president who ended the war in Gaza and brought the hostages home. This deal is on everyone's table - all the leaders: Biden, Netanyahu, the entire Hamas leadership, the emir and prime minister of Qatar and the head of intelligence in Egypt. Get this deal now. There is no time to waste - more than a year has already passed. Time is running out - get it now!!! (Gershon Baskin, October 9, 2024) distributed! Share! Join the open discussion group:

Hezbollah political official survives Israeli assassination attempt: Report

A senior Hezbollah political official survived an assassination attempt on Thursday night, three anonymous security sources have told the Reuters news agency, as the Israeli military carried out its largest attack yet on central Beirut.

Wafiq Safa, the chief of Hezbollah’s liaison and coordination unit, which works with Lebanese security agencies, was reportedly the target as Israeli fighter jets bombed a densely-packed neighbourhood in the heart of Beirut, killing at least 22 people and injuring 117 others.

The Israeli military did not issue an evacuation order before carrying out the strike, which was only the third to hit central Beirut since the start of its bombing campaign in late September.

I am not military nor legal expert but isnt it a war crime to basically try to "assassinate" someone by bombing an entire bloc of apartments without any notice killing and injuring 170 people. All to get 1 guy. Who is not even a military guy but a political guy.

Like, is this considered fair in war?

I remember Israel assassinated some Hezbollah guys in Beirut many months ago and there were barely any causalities and little to no damage.

Precise strikes.

What happened to those?

2 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I am not military nor legal expert but isnt it a war crime to basically try to "assassinate" someone by bombing an entire bloc of apartments without any notice killing and injuring 170 people. All to get 1 guy. Who is not even a military guy but a political guy.

If this was the case I agree with you here that it isn't justified. You cannot just eliminate every important person in Hezbollah by all means and say it is 'worth the cost'.

Edited by Nivsch

The Israeli occupation is committing massacres against civilians in northern Gaza, while ambulance and civil defense teams continue their efforts to retrieve the bodies of martyrs from the besieged homes in the Jabalia refugee camp, despite being repeatedly targeted.

https://x.com/AnasAlSharif0/status/1844680961889272100

"The United States made a decision against Israel; a few days later, New Orleans was completely flooded.

" During his latest lecture, Israeli Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi stated that Americans deserve to be devastated by hurricanes and disasters for allowing pro-Palestine demonstrations against Israel and for not permitting Israel to destroy Iran and set it back "a thousand years in time."

https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1844758712675668146

Edited by royce

17 hours ago, Nivsch said:

If this was the case I agree with you here that it isn't justified. You cannot just eliminate every important person in Hezbollah by all means and say it is 'worth the cost'.

They did it with Nasrallah who was the leader of Hezbollah by bombing 6 residential buildings. At first Israel claimed 300 killed. So for them it was ok to kill 300 people to get the leader of Hezbollah. Considering it is the very top guy, I am unsure whether it is a proportional attack. I would say no, but I doubt USA would not be willing to sacrifice 300 people to get Bin Laden for example. So it is tricky.

But this guy was NOT a military guy for Hezbollah but a political guy. Member of Parliament basically. That is what I read. And they tried to take him out.

I know they did similar assassinations of guys, including the top Hamas guy in Iran and little to no collateral damage. 

The fact that they did not do it here seems to me that they simply did not want to bother, which is a red flag.

But that is from what I read so far.

I know a girl whose house was destroyed in the South of Lebanon from Israeli strikes and she said there were no Hezbollah members operating there. It was destroyed and had no military importance. Luckily nobody died because they had left beforehand but it is still messed up. It makes me think they are targeting civilian buildings even if no Hezbollah base there. Which is a war crime.

@royce Linky no worky.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

But this guy was NOT a military guy for Hezbollah but a political guy. Member of Parliament basically. That is what I read. And they tried to take him out.

I know they did similar assassinations of guys, including the top Hamas guy in Iran and little to no collateral damage. 

The fact that they did not do it here seems to me that they simply did not want to bother, which is a red flag.

Neither way, there has to be a more precise way to eliminate Hezbollah seniors. I am pesonally for this gold opportunity to weaken one dangerous Iran's proxy like Hezbollah, but the way to do this is important too.

Edited by Nivsch