Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

4,260 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, hundreth said:

It isn't about fighting Israel, but more about the idea of Arab / Muslim land as opposed to Jewish.

What if that is the boogeyman for Israel to keep attacking?

4 minutes ago, Nemra said:

What if that is the boogeyman for Israel to keep attacking?

You believe Israel wants to conquer all Arab / Muslim land?

The truth is this ongoing war empowers the worst sheisters in society to gain an edge and influence. I never even heard of "Greater Israel" once until October 7. The war fuels extremism. 

Edited by hundreth

Just now, hundreth said:

You believe Israel wants to conquer all Arab / Muslim land?

No, the lands they claim that it's given them by God or have been living there in the past, where Arabs are currently living.

But if this conflict continues, then I think Israel could find justifications to expand its territories.

I had a magazine with Israeli propaganda in my mail.

Haven’t really looked at it but on the main page it says something like "why a Palestinian state can never exist"

wild 🦭

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can have whatever percentage of whoever in a nation without having to devote your nation to one privileged ethnicity or religion.

This kind of privileging leads to racist policy and oppression of minorities.

Obviously I don't expect Israel to appreciate this or change.

I don't think Israel is going to be less racist unless the Holocaust and antisemitism become irrelevant.

57 minutes ago, hundreth said:

The truth is this ongoing war empowers the worst sheisters in society to gain an edge and influence. I never even heard of "Greater Israel" once until October 7. The war fuels extremism. 

That’s the problem. Threats to survival empower warrior archetypes to secure the peoples safety. Outsiders see these types in the spotlight of politics and leadership then equate the society as such. When people’s safety is at risk they’re going to select for leaders that exude strength regardless of them having other extreme views they may oppose.

But the problem with Israel is that the way its set up assures continuous threats in the form of resistance to occupation. This continuously tilts politics into a politics of fear that calls for the strong man types ie to the right.

Also, to maintain the occupation and domination of the Palestinian people with a clear conscience, many Israelis are driven to dehumanize them as a coping mechanism. But the more you dehumanize a people, the easier it becomes to justify oppression. That escalates the violence and further entrenches the need to see the oppressed as less than human, creating a vicious spiral of dehumanization and brutality.

This is why blaming Netanyahu, Itamar Ben Gvir or Bezalel Smotrich is like scapegoating and skirting away from the major issue. The root of the problem is deeper - it’s embedded in the structure of permanent occupation where survival politics reinforce extremism and further dehumanization, locking both Israelis and Palestinians into an endless conflict.

Edited by zazen

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This kind of priveleging leads to racist policy and oppression of minorities.

Inside Israeli cities the situation is quite good in relation to minorities.

This is true that the right wingers grasp any minority as have 'less' value then them, what makes the situation not ideal, but this is true to every other society as well.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

5 hours ago, zazen said:

survival politics reinforce extremism and further dehumanization, locking both Israelis and Palestinians into an endless conflict.

Might as well just take out the word politics because it just comes down to survival.   Politics is just a nice spin to what's really going on.  Israel feels that if it gets too passive it will be a weakness - and who knows perhaps it is.  If the Palestinians were welcomed in who is to say that ultimately Israel wouldn't in the end be overrun by those groups backing them.   So before you crucify understand that the leadership in Israel comes from a place where they have really grown tired of being weak in a world that takes advantage of the weak. 

Where they could do better is knowing where to draw the line.  They can push back yet stop there.  It's paranoia to always think that someone is plotting against you.  Maybe they are, but you can't live your life that way.   Otherwise you end up killing a lot more innocent people than you would have had you retaliated and stopped.   A lot of innocent people were murdered and kidnapped on the Israeli side but we only talk about how bad Israel is because the numbers are higher.   Even one innocent civilian killed is too much. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think the most realistic strategic path to diminishing Israel is actively supporting politicians in the USA to cut all spending on Israel. It's moving slowy.

12 hours ago, zazen said:

But the problem with Israel is that the way its set up assures continuous threats in the form of resistance to occupation. This continuously tilts politics into a politics of fear that calls for the strong man types ie to the right.

I must say to you. This really feels to me like an unsolvable viscous loop both sides are trapped in badly.

Only a one-sided seperation (without an agreement) can graduately moderate the sides. After that maybe the conditions to a deal may ripen.

'Commanders for Israel Security', a movement includes 500 retired IDF Generals, Shin Bet and Mossad members may be the solution becasue they want this kind of physical seperation between the sides:

https://en.cis.org.il/

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

26 minutes ago, royce said:

Don’t believe the Netanyahu bashing. The U.S. largely agrees with him.

I”m still perplexed after a year of this, of seeing the double standards of Western media clearly on display and the recent example of Germany’s foreign minister justifying the targeting of civilian centres in order to get Hamas - after seeing a young man burn alive with IV drip cords still attached. Mind boggling.

I asked Chat GPT what attitude most represents the West:

“The attitude that most represents the West, in broad terms, is one of individualism intertwined with entitlement. This manifests as a belief in the primacy of personal freedom, autonomy, and self-expression, often elevated above collective responsibility or moral constraints. It is an attitude rooted in the Enlightenment ideals of liberty and self-determination but has, in many ways, been twisted into a form of exceptionalism—both for individuals and for Western nations as a whole.

This entitlement can be seen in the West’s approach to both domestic and global issues: a sense that its way of life, its values, and its systems are superior, and therefore, must be upheld at all costs. Whether it’s consumer culture that demands unlimited choice and comfort, or the geopolitical stance that assumes the West has a unique mandate to impose its will—economically, culturally, and militarily—on the rest of the world, the same core attitude remains.

This outlook often allows for justifying contradictions: speaking of freedom while supporting oppressive regimes abroad, or upholding democracy while suppressing dissent at home. There’s a tendency to turn a blind eye to the moral costs of maintaining this way of life, whether it’s exploitation, environmental degradation, or war, as long as it preserves a particular sense of security and superiority.

In this sense, the West’s prevailing attitude is one of self-serving idealism—clinging to the image of moral righteousness and progress while frequently acting in ways that serve only its own interests, often at the expense of others.”

Edited by zazen