Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,306 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Who are America's rulers in the Middle East? That idea isn't credible.

All the Kings in the Arab Gulf except in Yemen  , the president of Egypt , King Of Jordan , King of Morocco , in Libya , This is in addition to the American bases in Syria and Iraq. 

Screenshot (59).png

Edited by royce

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

America mostly just does lots of business deals there and America supports who is best for business

They all best for the business  , if the ruler not the best it will be problem for him 

Edited by royce

59 minutes ago, royce said:

This could happen if the U.S. were to leave the Middle East and the people overthrew their rulers. But if America stays in the region and continues backing the Arab leaders, they would maintain control over their populations, and things would likely stay as they are. In my view, the U.S. won’t abandon the Middle East anytime soon, as their strategy seems to involve building an "Arab-Israeli NATO" to counter Iran, leveraging existing tensions between Arabs and Persians due to conflicts in Syria and Iraq. { between the Sunnis and the Shiites.} 

Well if they're governing the Middle East as well as you say they are then I give them an F.  What about Lebanon.   Israel is clearly operating on its own here. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

If the leaders of Muslim countries were that concerned about Palestine, the most effective strategy would be to form an economic boycott.  How could Israel survive not being able to do business with the countries that surround it?   But they don’t.   America buys off countries like Egypt, and uses its economic power to keep the Arab rulers in line.  These rulers have to be plugged into the global system to maintain their economies and keep from being overthrown by their own populations.   So, of course, Israel couldn’t survive without American power.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

3 hours ago, royce said:

I completely agree with you, and that’s exactly why Israel is aiming to solidify its dominance in the Middle East. With global dynamics shifting and rising powers like China potentially emerging over the next 20-30 years (in my opinion), Israel is working to eliminate regional threats to secure its position. The Arabian Gulf states are relatively weak, Egypt is struggling economically, and Iraq, Syria, and Libya have been devastated—leaving Iran as the main rival. The events of October 7 have given Israel a strategic opportunity to further destroy  its enemies while continuing to enjoy unwavering U.S. support. If Netanyahu provokes a conflict with Iran to change its regime or destroy its nuclear facilities, and the U.S. intervenes, he might no longer need American support in the same way going forward—that would be the endgame.

I heard that Israel also faces widespread decline from how unpopular this war is. Committing ethnic cleansing hurts investments in their industries which are very important for their economy. They have almost no tourism. Their academia may suffer some from being an outcast. Their current state system creates so much disharmony it spreads deep through their economic and development as well. I try to avoid extreme takes and look at a balance between what I’m hearing. Israel does have a decent army and some natural gas energy. I don’t think these voices saying Israel will fall are correct but I do think this will make the country much poorer and unpleasant to live in, who knows what that can then lead to. Apparently they have brain drain too now with anyone with means leaving. Some huge number of doctors left as well, their medical industry has brain drain. This war is having similar effects as what is happening to Russia, I don’t think either state will just crumble and the country will cease to be but I think on the world stage their power and wellbeing will be greatly reduced to eventual revolution or entire reworking of the state will take place due to the massive amount of internal issues. 

4 hours ago, royce said:

exactly why Israel is aiming to solidify its dominance in the Middle East. With global dynamics shifting and rising powers like China

Israel wants to neutrilize the dangerous 'belt of fire' the Iranian regime tries to build around it with its proxies backed by a planned nuclear capacity.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.