Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,306 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So, with what's going on in the middle east and the growing threat of getting into a real war with Russia and China is WWIII becoming a more plausible scenario in the future?

Or is the world too civilized and developed for that to happen?

Slow your roll a bit.  Let's see if other countries even join in when Israel begins a ground attack in Lebanon.   Israel has finally had enough.   Now let's see what happens.  I think we are far from a world war right now.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, royce said:

With Russia focused on Ukraine , China is opting to stay out of the situation, which is strategically beneficial for them as the United States finds itself once again entangled in the Middle East. Iran, under its new president, is also likely to avoid direct involvement. This leaves Netanyahu as the central player in the region, with the freedom to act as he chooses. If you were in his shoes, how would you navigate this scenario?

With advanced aircraft and unlimited support from the United States, Netanyahu is fighting primarily against militias with basic weaponry, making him the most powerful figure in the region. He is capable of handling internal pressure, hailed as a hero in Israel and revered in America, as we seen  in Congress.

While a Trump win would be more favorable for him, he's ready to work with Kamala Harris if she becomes president. and The next Israeli prime minister is likely to carry on the path Netanyahu has set, and the idea that his far-right government controls him is simply unfounded.

Like Ben-Gurion and Shimon Peres, he will go down in history as one of the greatest figures in Israel’s history.

i understand Netanyahu 

He doesn't have unlimited support from the US...but he has their passiveness.  Which by the way would be no different in a Trump presidency.  Their passiveness is all he needs.  I understand him too.  Although why it took Oct 7. will linger in my mind as a persistent unscratched itch.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That would require a level of objectivity which the US deep state does not have.

Why does the US SPECIFICALLY lick the ass of Israel compared to other countries?

Damn, even hardcore pro USA isolationalist republicans have said "USA first and only with Israel as an exception".

I have not seen the USA gives this amount of unconditional support to any other country.

There are plenty of other countries with Western values out there, plenty of countries that buy from the US, plenty of countries that even align with the US religion as Christians.

For example Ukraine is a moderate democracy, very pro US these days and has arms agreements with the US.

Yet the support Israel gets is far bigger and unconditional.

I doubt USA would do what it does for Israel for countries like Italy or Macedonia for example.

Why is Israel so special?

And if you will say "It is their only ally in the Middle East", as far as i know Saudi is also a USA ally, gives them oil and buys weapons from them.

I can understand fundamentally why USA supports Israel over Palestine, but I cannot understand why it supports Israel far more than ANY other country in the world.

Edited by Karmadhi

5 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Why does the US SPECIFICALLY lick the ass of Israel compared to other countries?

There is a growing conspiracy theory that Epstein let elites sleep with underage prostitutes and collected evidence for the Israeli government to blackmail them. 

14 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

Damn, even hardcore pro USA isolationalist republicans have said "USA first and only with Israel as an exception".

I have not seen the USA gives this amount of unconditional support to any other country.

There are plenty of other countries with Western values out there, plenty of countries that buy from the US, plenty of countries that even align with the US religion as Christians.

For example Ukraine is a moderate democracy, very pro US these days and has arms agreements with the US.

Yet the support Israel gets is far bigger and unconditional.

I doubt USA would do what it does for Israel for countries like Italy or Macedonia for example.

Why is Israel so special?

And if you will say "It is their only ally in the Middle East", as far as i know Saudi is also a USA ally, gives them oil and buys weapons from them.

I can understand fundamentally why USA supports Israel over Palestine, but I cannot understand why it supports Israel far more than ANY other country in the world.

The relationship. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

He doesn't have unlimited support from the US...but he has their passiveness.  Which by the way would be no different in a Trump presidency.  Their passiveness is all he needs.  I understand him too.  Although why it took Oct 7. will linger in my mind as a persistent unscratched itch.

their passiveness ? lol

On October 18, 2023, the United States used its veto power in the United Nations Security Council against a resolution proposed by Brazil that called for a "humanitarian truce" between Hamas and Israel to allow aid into Gaza.

On October 26, 2023, Russia submitted a request for a ceasefire in Gaza for humanitarian reasons, but the United States voted against it.

On December 8, 2023, the United Arab Emirates, along with 80 other countries, submitted a request for a ceasefire in Gaza. The United States again used its veto power.

On December 16, 2023, a resolution calling for a fact-finding mission to investigate alleged "war crimes" by Israel in Gaza was rejected.

On February 20, 2024, Algeria, on behalf of the Arab League, submitted a request for a ceasefire and to halt Israeli aggression in Gaza since the start of the Al-Aqsa Flood battle in October 2023. The United States voted against this request using its veto power.

And this is up until February 2024 

_____

The total aid provided by the United States to Israel since October 7, 2023, is at least $12.5 billion in military assistance, as per a report by the Council on Foreign Relations

$3.8 billion from a bill in March 2024.

$8.7 billion from a supplemental appropriations act in April 2024.

-------

And This is not a new development. The United States has provided the Zionist entity with $300 billion since its establishment.

Since the 1970s, it has used its veto power in the United Nations Security Council to block draft resolutions condemning Israeli practices in the occupied Palestinian territories or calling for withdrawal from the territories occupied in 1967. From the earliest sessions of the Security Council until February 2024, the U.S. has used its veto in favor of Israel 45 times.

Give the Americans some credit ;) 

3 hours ago, royce said:

With advanced aircraft and unlimited support from the United States, Netanyahu is fighting primarily against militias with basic weaponry, making him the most powerful figure in the region. He is capable of handling internal pressure, hailed as a hero in Israel and revered in America, as we seen  in Congress.

Hezbollah to the north is strapped with powerful long range missiles and a ton of men.

Hamas has the ability to slow down IDF through gorilla warfare in Israel’s offensive. 

I don’t believe there exists a way to overthrow Israel militarily but there are sunk costs for Israel in this. Getting bogged down in a drawn out conflict can cause long lasting erosion to a state.

Also Israel is becoming a pariah on the world stage. Iran is developing nuclear technology. Lastly keep in mind the rising isolationism in the USA and shifting alliances. It was sacrilege to once question NATO, look at how that has been deeply called into question. 

Israel is on strong footing but it’s not as certain as you think. 

15 minutes ago, Raze said:

There is a growing conspiracy theory that Epstein let elites sleep with underage prostitutes and collected evidence for the Israeli government to blackmail them. 

haha !

32 minutes ago, royce said:

their passiveness ? lol

On October 18, 2023, the United States used its veto power in the United Nations Security Council against a resolution proposed by Brazil that called for a "humanitarian truce" between Hamas and Israel to allow aid into Gaza.

On October 26, 2023, Russia submitted a request for a ceasefire in Gaza for humanitarian reasons, but the United States voted against it.

On December 8, 2023, the United Arab Emirates, along with 80 other countries, submitted a request for a ceasefire in Gaza. The United States again used its veto power.

On December 16, 2023, a resolution calling for a fact-finding mission to investigate alleged "war crimes" by Israel in Gaza was rejected.

On February 20, 2024, Algeria, on behalf of the Arab League, submitted a request for a ceasefire and to halt Israeli aggression in Gaza since the start of the Al-Aqsa Flood battle in October 2023. The United States voted against this request using its veto power.

And this is up until February 2024 

_____

The total aid provided by the United States to Israel since October 7, 2023, is at least $12.5 billion in military assistance, as per a report by the Council on Foreign Relations

$3.8 billion from a bill in March 2024.

$8.7 billion from a supplemental appropriations act in April 2024.

-------

And This is not a new development. The United States has provided the Zionist entity with $300 billion since its establishment.

Since the 1970s, it has used its veto power in the United Nations Security Council to block draft resolutions condemning Israeli practices in the occupied Palestinian territories or calling for withdrawal from the territories occupied in 1967. From the earliest sessions of the Security Council until February 2024, the U.S. has used its veto in favor of Israel 45 times.

Give the Americans some credit ;) 

That doesn't mean it will be unending - the US will change its stance depending on how far Israel goes... or for example If Israel begins to take the visage of 1939 Germany.   But even then I predict the US will be passive  - up until the final moment.   Until their own freedom  has been assaulted.   But the key point is that Israel isn't Germany.  Yet everyone here makes them out to be.   They fight for their own survival- they don't have an agena of world dominance.  So for that reason I salute the US' alliance with Israel.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Hezbollah to the north is strapped with powerful long range missiles and a ton of men.

Hezbollah might have a significant missile stockpile capable of hitting Israel, but it’s far from matching Israel's military capabilities. They don’t possess aircraft, air defense systems, an Iron Dome, or the advanced technology that Israel has. Moreover, they lack the backing of a superpower providing weapon supplies, deploying aircraft carriers, and wielding powerful bombs. 

22 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

Hamas has the ability to slow down IDF through gorilla warfare in Israel’s offensive. 

I'm not saying the resistance in Gaza is weak—far from it. Netanyahu faced a significant defeat against them. He started the conflict by demanding the unconditional return of prisoners and vowed to wipe out Hamas, he failed on both

Instead, he amplified Hamas to the point where, listening to the Israeli army, you'd think they were up against the German army of the 1940s. But take a look at a map—Gaza is just a tiny strip, 40 km long, smaller than a suburb in many countries. The relentless targeting of civilians and city destruction? It’s collective punishment, aiming to turn Gaza's people against the resistance. Even after deploying 30,000 soldiers, Israel struggled against a much smaller group of fighters, around 300, fighting in street clothes with little to no supplies. What the resistance achieved in Gaza was nothing short of remarkable.

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

Also Israel is becoming a pariah on the world stage. Iran is developing nuclear technology. Lastly keep in mind the rising isolationism in the USA and shifting alliances. It was sacrilege to once question NATO, look at how that has been deeply called into question. 

I completely agree with you, and that’s exactly why Israel is aiming to solidify its dominance in the Middle East. With global dynamics shifting and rising powers like China potentially emerging over the next 20-30 years (in my opinion), Israel is working to eliminate regional threats to secure its position. The Arabian Gulf states are relatively weak, Egypt is struggling economically, and Iraq, Syria, and Libya have been devastated—leaving Iran as the main rival. The events of October 7 have given Israel a strategic opportunity to further destroy  its enemies while continuing to enjoy unwavering U.S. support. If Netanyahu provokes a conflict with Iran to change its regime or destroy its nuclear facilities, and the U.S. intervenes, he might no longer need American support in the same way going forward—that would be the endgame.

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

I don’t believe there exists a way to overthrow Israel militarily but there are sunk costs for Israel in this. Getting bogged down in a drawn out conflict can cause long lasting erosion to a state.

And that’s their own fault, they could solve all of this in a month 

Something to consider: If the US did not support Israel so strongly then it's much more likely that Iran and Arabs in the region would go to war with Israel because they would have a decent chance of defeating Israel by itself. So the US is trying to make sure that war doesn't happen. That war would ruin the whole Middle East and ruin oil exports.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

59 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

the US will change its stance depending on how far Israel goes

The U.S. will change its tune on supporting Israel once it starts costing a party an election—signs of that are already popping up, but let’s not rush things, The events of October 7  hit like a DMT for Americans and the world, shaking everything up whether they wanted it or not. 

1 minute ago, royce said:

The U.S. will change its tune on supporting Israel once it starts costing a party an election

No, because both parties support Israel.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Something to consider: If the US did not support Israel so strongly then it's much more likely that Iran and Arabs in the region would go to war with Israel because they would have a decent chance of defeating Israel by itself. So the US is trying to make sure that war doesn't happen. That war would ruin the whole Middle East and ruin oil exports.

That's precisely why I don't think Iran will intervene.  However if Iran simply looks at history it can see the the US will ultimately remain passive until the final moment.  It comes down to Iran being scared.   And that's pretty much what Israel is taking advantage of right now.. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, royce said:

The U.S. will change its tune on supporting Israel once it starts costing a party an election—signs of that are already popping up, but let’s not rush things, The events of October 7  hit like a DMT for Americans and the world, shaking everything up whether they wanted it or not. 

Absurd.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Something to consider: If the US did not support Israel so strongly then it's much more likely that Iran and Arabs in the region would go to war with Israel because they would have a decent chance of defeating Israel by itself. So the US is trying to make sure that war doesn't happen.

This could happen if the U.S. were to leave the Middle East and the people overthrew their rulers. But if America stays in the region and continues backing the Arab leaders, they would maintain control over their populations, and things would likely stay as they are. In my view, the U.S. won’t abandon the Middle East anytime soon, as their strategy seems to involve building an "Arab-Israeli NATO" to counter Iran, leveraging existing tensions between Arabs and Persians due to conflicts in Syria and Iraq. { between the Sunnis and the Shiites.} 

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Absurd.   

;)

6 minutes ago, royce said:

if the U.S. were to leave the Middle East and the people overthrew their rulers.

Who are America's rulers in the Middle East? That idea isn't credible.

America mostly just does lots of business deals there and America supports who is best for business. That's mostly America's foreign policy philosophy. America likes secular regimes because they tend to be better for business, but America settles for other kinds of regimes because it often doesn't have much choice.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Who are America's rulers in the Middle East? That idea isn't credible.

America mostly just does lots of business deals there and America supports who is best for business. That's mostly America's foreign policy philosophy. America likes secular regimes because they tend to be better for business.

The US has a history of backing dictators including in the Arab world