Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

3,972 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, that's just like your interpretation man.

There is no Islam outside anyone's interpretation of it, and your interpretation is no more valid than anothers. Whether you agree with the Jihadist interpretation is ultimately irrelevent. Islam has a deep and rich history of Jihad. It was founded as a religion of political conquest.

There is, it is called the QURAN.

The Quran has not been changed since its inception and that is what Islam is about.

The moment you go outside the QURAN then it is no longer Islam but something else.

And QURAN makes it clear that killing non combatants is strictly forbidden.

In the case of Islam, the QURAN is so powerful that people are forced to memorize it.

I do agree that there are cases where the QURAN can be interpreted but when it comes to how you wage war, it is quite clear.

A child chilling home is a non combatant. There is no "what if" there. So what Hamas did is non Islamic behaviour.

Same with ISIS.

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The reality is that Christians and Jews kill way more civilians than Jihadists do.

I know in Christianity all are equal before God but I do not know if Christianity mentions whether killing of non combatants is allowed or not.

I know in Judaism it is allowed via the Amalek references. So is discrimination if you are a non Jew (gentile and non gentile division which does not exist in Christianity or Islam). Since in Islam or Christianity you can covert meanwhile in Judaism you cannot.

Keep in mind most people living in Christian countries or Israel are not very religious but mostly secular. Hence it can distort perceptions.

Edited by Karmadhi

Chinese response to Lebanon Pager Attack

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Edited by Raze

35 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Chinese response to Lebanon Pager Attack

what are chinese intellectuals saying about the genocide of xinjangers and turning their mosques into parking lots though?

also they just use this even to advertise "buy chinese products"

comedy

25 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

@Nivsch is it really true that everyone in israel is dreaming of migrating abroad ??

probably more of the secular liberal israelis

i would get frustrated too with living there with bibi, crazy rightwingers and enemies all around the country

26 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

@Nivsch is it really true that everyone in israel is dreaming of migrating abroad ??

he is in a shelter now , leave him alone 

quite wild how especially the u.s has its fate tied to israel

i do agree though that lebanon would be so much better without hizbollah and the likes, the country has so much potential, almost 50% christian, beautiful landscape, mediterranean, awesome food

Edited by Raze

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

i do agree though that lebanon would be so much better without hizbollah

You're clearly speaking without any real understanding of the subject. Do yourself a favor and actually learn how and why Hezbollah was formed before running your mouth. Do some proper research before spouting off opinions you know nothing about.

please boy please x)

Edited by royce

8 minutes ago, royce said:

You're clearly speaking without any real understanding of the subject. Do yourself a favor and actually learn how and why Hezbollah was formed before running your mouth. Do some proper research before spouting off opinions you know nothing about.

please boy please x)

nope

lebanon should mostly ditch islam, ditch iran and join the e.u. 🌞🦭

i loves me some lebanese food btw

12 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

nope

lebanon should mostly ditch islam, ditch iran and join the e.u. 🌞🦭

i loves me some lebanese food btw

I might have sounded a bit harsh in my reply, but sometimes it’s really frustrating to see how confident people can be when talking about things they don’t fully understand. You mentioned Lebanon would be better off without Hezbollah, and while that might be true, take a moment to consider why Hezbollah exists in the first place. Why have militias been around in Lebanon for the last 50 years? It’s largely because they were instrumental in pushing the Israelis out of Lebanese territory.

14 minutes ago, royce said:

I might have sounded a bit harsh in my reply, but sometimes it’s really frustrating to see how confident people can be when talking about things they don’t fully understand. You mentioned Lebanon would be better off without Hezbollah, and while that might be true, take a moment to consider why Hezbollah exists in the first place. Why have militias been around in Lebanon for the last 50 years? It’s largely because they were instrumental in pushing the Israelis out of Lebanese territory.

It’s alright i don’t claim to know much about Herbollah

but saying look at why it was started in the first place isn’t such a great argument imo

somebody could say (warning bad comparison)

look at why the nazi party got started, it wasn’t to shove jews into ovens and attack the world it was to get some territory back for the germans and have a better economy (i don’t know if that’s true)

i just know lebanon does have a lot of potential because of geography and in some ways quite free compared to other countries in the region but it’s also a clusterfuck because of tribal infighting, outside forces taking advantage of the infighting, hisbollah and so on

the food though, delicious 

also i think that’s the area the phoenicians came from, it was always a gateway between asia, europe, lot of trade of goods and cultures etc

Edited by PurpleTree

26 minutes ago, royce said:

It's worth noting that while the Israelis were in Lebanon, this had nothing to do with expansionism. 

Palestinian insurgency and Lebanese Civil War

Although the occupied strip was officially formed by Israel in 1985, following the collapse of the State of Free Lebanon and Israel's disengagement from most of Lebanon, it has its roots in the follow-up to and early stages of the Lebanese Civil War. In 1968, Palestinian militants led by the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) had large-scale control over Southern Lebanon, from where they initiated an insurgency against Israel and Lebanese Christians. By 1975, the PLO's presence had become a severe nuisance for Christians and local residents, and Christian militias began to increasingly engage Palestinian militants in open conflict. From mid-1976 onwards, Israel began to assist Lebanon's Christian residents and militias through the "Good Fence" along the Israel–Lebanon border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_occupation_of_Southern_Lebanon

So really, the Israelis were involved in Lebanon because Palestinians were using Southern Lebanon as an attack outpost. Now the PLO isn't around, but Hezbollah essentially took their place. 

7 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I do agree that there are cases where the QURAN can be interpreted but when it comes to how you wage war, it is quite clear.

That is still your interpretation.

Other interpretations could obviously exist, whether they are true or not. The function of religion for most people is survival advantage. So people will interpret the Quran in whatever way ultimately suits survival and their level of development.

40 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

but saying look at why it was started in the first place isn’t such a great argument imo

somebody could say (warning bad comparison)

look at why the nazi party got started, it wasn’t to shove jews into ovens and attack the world it was to get some territory back for the germans and have a better economy (i don’t know if that’s true)

its okey to ask why the nazi party got started or how ? why this is a proplem ? 

23 minutes ago, hundreth said:

the Israelis were involved in Lebanon because Palestinians were using Southern Lebanon as an attack outpost

why they used south lebanon ? they came from mars and located in south lebanon ? no they pushed back from their lands 

Edited by royce

42 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i just know lebanon does have a lot of potential because of geography and in some ways quite free compared to other countries in the region but it’s also a clusterfuck because of tribal infighting, outside forces taking advantage of the infighting, hisbollah and so on

the food though, delicious 

also i think that’s the area the phoenicians came from, it was always a gateway between asia, europe, lot of trade of goods and cultures etc

There was a time when it was referred to as the Switzerland of the East.

Edited by royce

19 minutes ago, royce said:

its okey to ask why the nazi party got started or how ? why this is a proplem ? 

why they used south lebanon ? they came from mars and located in south lebanon ? no they pushed back from their lands 

I’m just saying that many things could have started legitimate or as a good idea or just cause (or not)

and then at some point turned bad or into some kind of parasitic or cancerous thing on society 

6 minutes ago, royce said:

There was a time when it was referred to as the Switzerland of the East.

i know, switzerland of the middle east 

i think it was because it also has mountains, snow etc

and also a mixed society with christians, muslims, shia, sunni etc

switzerland is also a mix of languages, french, german, italian and a mix of protestantism, catholicism etc

Edited by PurpleTree

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

and then at some point turned bad or into some kind of parasitic or cancerous thing on society 

10 minutes ago, royce said:

i agree with you , who want to live in a country when these is a militia in ? no one 

but ask the same  people you want to live in a country under militia or under Zionist occupation ?

you will choose the militia 

Edited by royce

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

what are chinese intellectuals saying about the genocide of xinjangers and turning their mosques into parking lots though?

also they just use this even to advertise "buy chinese products"

comedy

Irrelevant.   What the professor was saying is that China can no longer trust the parts of their supply chain that comes from the West.  This is the bottom line.   

Vincit omnia Veritas.