Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,895 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But now I see my tears were wasted.

To that level? Just because of a debatebly darkish attack some seniors decided on?

What the society and people that been killed has to do with those decisions?

(I am not saying you necessarily think that way but I emphasize this to show my point)

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

15 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I can agree to some of that.

I think the bippers and pagers attack can be fruitfull IF will be utilized now to critically damage Hezbollah capabilities in further attacks when they are in chaos. But just this attack by its own - not necessarily smart.

There are claims say that Israel wanted to to this attack in another time (out of a more strategical thinking i assume) but been exposed so had to use it now.

Anyway I have no big expectation from this mentally disabled government and maybe there are smarter ways to deal with Hezbollah. The west is indeed evil in many areas like part of western medicine and the attitude towards long term health and really many things. It is still mostly orange after all.

I am not sure though the last attack is the best example for that because it has a role in a more complex context of survival concerns we might not know it fully. Days will reveal us the answers.

Bouncing my message up because of the new page. Costed me efforts after all (:

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

@Leo Gura Don't you have to fight devils at their level. Hezbollah terrorist members if they could would do the same if not worse.

Its naïve to wait for one side to fight clean/fair while the other is throwing sand at your face

I’m sorry to say this but I think something greater in terms of damage needs to occur in order for wars to end.

Otherwise the loop of countries responding to each other’s attacks is bound to continue.

If we can’t work it out the easy way, we’d have to work it out the hard way. I’m sorry.

17 minutes ago, Kokorec said:

Its naïve to wait for one side to fight clean/fair while the other is throwing sand at your face

That's exactly what they say about you.

Putting explosives in electronics is the ultimate throwing sand at your face.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Putting explosives in electronics is the ultimate throwing sand at your face.

If it was out of thin air I would agree. But this organization is responsible for the entire Israeli North disfunction for almost a year. 

Imagine the northest 15 states of the US unlivable for a year without any solution in sight.

Edited by Nivsch

Blowing up electronics is not a solution to anything. Your situation has not improved one inch.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Blowing up electronics is not a solution to anything. Your situation has not improved one inch.

I don't think that's true. 3000 soldiers or supporters severly injured is a great hit at least morale wise.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

The people who decided to create Israel were so idiotic. Stealing a land in the midst of Arab/Muslim countries which is most sacred for them and making a country out of it? What could go wrong?

90% of political instability and the surgance of militias and terrorist organizations in The Middle East is because of the mere presence of Israel.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

29 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I don't think that's true. 3000 soldiers or supporters severly injured is a great hit at least morale wise.

That is all injuries, not all severe injuries. They said only 500 were critical. Those aren’t all soldiers and Hezbollah can just recruit more, they already said they rejected thousands of applications because they couldn’t support any more. Hezbollah lost far more after the 2006 war and Syrian war but just expanded.

The only way to take out a guerrilla force is to either remove their motivation for fighting or kill them faster than they can recruit 

Edited by Raze

@Raze Interesting. I didn't know that many people were eager to join Hezbullah. I swear Lebanon is the strangest country ever. Harboring the most capable religious militia group in The Middle East while being the most secular Arab country.

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Raze Interesting. I didn't know that many people were eager to join Hezbullah. I swear Lebanon is the strangest country ever. Harboring the most capable religious militia group in The Middle East while being the most secular Arab country.

Pretty much ur profile pic

4 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Anyway I have no big expectation from this mentally disabled government

At least we have agreement there.

Most people want the war to end yet they refuse to end it.

Instead they double down by wanting to expand it by invading Lebanon and ultimately Iran.

When they could end the Hezbollah rockets firing towards Israel by ending the Gaza war.

Could you explain to me how they are still in power given all the protests?

By them I mean Bibi and his far right fasicsts.

I read that Ben Gvir recently created his own private army that a few times clashed with Israeli authorities.

How do people there feel about it?

They care a lot or are indifferent?

Curious.

Edited by Karmadhi

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Hezbollah was formed out of the 1982 war. See the start of this video for an example. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480ILf6LkIc

The Palestinians also used to be one of the most secular populations in the Middle East. See 28:20 from this video where Ana Kasparian explains her ancestors experience with them.

https://youtu.be/hyFm2JR2qN4?si=l1dcGlAt0qyHfr7F&t=1701

Hamas formed from radicalism against the occupation and first intifada. 

Extremism grows as a backlash to brutal conditions.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

The people who decided to create Israel were so idiotic. Stealing a land in the midst of Arab/Muslim countries which is most sacred for them and making a country out of it? What could go wrong?

90% of political instability and the surgance of militias and terrorist organizations in The Middle East is because of the mere presence of Israel.

Yes of course. The whole barbarism, women rights violation, war between Shia and Soonis, are all because the Jews wanted the land they have a millenia-long history and connection to. You have no respect for people's connection to their home, even if it is not only theirs.

Edited by Nivsch