Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,820 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Israel has a huge propaganda budget.

I bet they have bot farms to shape social media opinions.

Do you think it's realistic https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews is compromised? Like it's just fake accounts upvoting and supporting Israel only?

15 minutes ago, oldhandle said:

Do you think it's realistic https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews is compromised? Like it's just fake accounts upvoting and supporting Israel only?

Certainly.

They could also downvote or block negative stories.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Certainly.

They could also downvote or block negative stories.

It's very depressing that Biden and Harris can't stop or even threaten to withhold more funding and aid to Israel like Reagan did in the past with Menachem Begin. Damn AIPAC and damn the money in politics and damn our unchecked support for Israel!

Edited by Hardkill

Why does the US support them so much I've heard explanation after explanation and it still just does not add up to logical sense

23 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

It's very depressing that Biden and Harris can't stop or even threaten to withhold more funding and aid to Israel

I agree. Should have pulled funding long ago.

52 minutes ago, oldhandle said:

Why does the US support them so much I've heard explanation after explanation and it still just does not add up to logical sense

I made a threat about this a while ago and a lot of people gave their reasoning including Leo.

Here you go :) 

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I notice that the support for Israel in the US is MUCH bigger even among your average citizen compared to Europe (exception of Germany maybe).

It is ironic considering it is Europe the one that treated Jews bad through history, yet they seem more aware of their devilry and tend to be more critical.

Where I live it is hard to find a local under 30 that supports Israel these days.

Edited by Karmadhi

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Mearsheimer says that they can't because otherwise the Israeli lobbying will go after Harris and the Democrats by totally smearing them as traitors to Israel, which could destroy her and her party's chances of winning in 2024. Plus, many Jewish and pro-Israeli voters in America may be very upset by that.

Money in politics will be the death of us all!

Edited by Hardkill

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Mearsheimer says that they can't because otherwise the Israeli lobbying will go after Harris and the Democrats by totally smearing them as traitors to Israel, which could destroy her and her party's chances of winning in 2024. Plus, many Jewish and pro-Israeli voters in America may be very upset by that.

Money in politics will be the death of us all!

These things can't be done in an election year and have to be done very stealthily and cunningly

If they pulled the funding, peace would be brokered within months

They will never do it however as the Israel lobby is far too well-connected and well-organised

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Israel has a huge propaganda budget.

I bet they have bot farms to shape social media opinions.

Exactly the same and 100 times more massive is the Iranian-Qataric-Aljazeera multi billionaire propaganda empire.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

17 hours ago, Hardkill said:

It's very depressing that Biden and Harris can't stop or even threaten to withhold more funding and aid to Israel like Reagan did in the past with Menachem Begin. Damn AIPAC and damn the money in politics and damn our unchecked support for Israel!

Have you considered the full scope of consequences of an opposite decision before you decided what is more depressing than the other?

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Just now, Nivsch said:

Exactly the same and 100 times more massive is the Iranian-Qataric-Aljazeera multi billionaire propaganda empire.

Very true.

Israeli propaganda is there, but if you're wondering how we've gotten to the point where we say things like: "Terrorist attacks are the only option Palestinians have." - that's why. The brainwashing is real.

Stop. Rationalizing. Terrorist. Attacks.

8 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

They have money but no influence or dexterity.

8 hours ago, gettoefl said:

lobby is far too well-connected and well-organised

Lobbies aren't exist in a vaccum. Only on the ground of genuine supportive relationships to begin with.

Edited by Nivsch

2 minutes ago, Bobby_2021 said:

They have money but no influence or dexterity.

Only a daily influence on 100s millions of people all over the muslim world and outside it.

16 hours ago, oldhandle said:

SD stage Orange center of gravity overlap

2 hours ago, hundreth said:

Very true.

Israeli propaganda is there, but if you're wondering how we've gotten to the point where we say things like: "Terrorist attacks are the only option Palestinians have." - that's why. The brainwashing is real.

Stop. Rationalizing. Terrorist. Attacks.

+1 ❤️

On 9/4/2024 at 9:28 AM, Nivsch said:

Not even close.

Irsaeli propaganda and lobbying is 100x more influential in America.

US media is overwhelming pro-Israeli. Israel is literally paying off journalists and influencers and recuriting them with Mossad.

The only influence I see from the other side is Aljazeera, which has high quality reporting on the issue.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura If the burglary is so irrationally successful maybe it isn't actually a burglary?

Edited by Nivsch