Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

2,866 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, hundreth said:

Yes nice job going back to 1948 lol.

- those are just the first two links, the rest come sooner and sooner to modern day  

- The point was about religious extremism, at Israel’s founding Zionism was secular, therefore it is a counter example, the date doesn’t matter.

Edited by Raze

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Raze said:

The point was about religious extremism, at Israel’s founding Zionism was secular, therefore it is a counter example, the date doesn’t matter.

Or that it maybe wasn't barbaric nor fanatic but just an escalation between two sides that built over more than 20 years until the peak in 1947.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Nivsch said:

Or that it maybe wasn't barbaric nor fanatic but just an escalation between two sides that built over more than 20 years until the peak in 1947.

Is Israeli society still pro war at large or wants a ceasefire now?

I see some narratives that they mostly want the war to continue except the families of the hostages and more liberal Isarelis.

Another narrative is that basically Israel except Bibi and the far right want the war to end.

How are things looking on the ground?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-spokesman-says-hamas-cant-be-eliminated-will-remain-in-gaza-if-no-alternative/

I find it very interesting the inner conflicts within Israeli society about this war and Palestine at large.

Not to mention the role Judaism should have in society.

Actually when it comes to analysing Israeli society at large, it is easy for me the dropping my SJW usual self to a more curious understanding self. 

Because I see that not everyone is a far right fanatic  there.

For us living in Europe, these days that is the image shown of Israel.

Bibi and Ben Gvir.

Edited by Karmadhi

On 8/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, Karmadhi said:

Yes he is softer than those 2, but that is a very low bar to hold.

I have seen a lot of his interviews, both old and new and although he is very charismatic and has funny rants, I notice he is fundamentalist.

Basically, he was pro annexing West Bank and in interviews gave arguments related to the Bible. That is enough to be labelled a fundamentalist.

Also he keeps pushing for war against Iran and Hezbullah.

Which is why I called him warmonger.

You keep calling everyone a fundamentalist, do you call me a fundamentalist as well? 

@Raze I see your post but again this incident has to be investigated and proved. I am very familiar with IDF and they have not used this tactics before so before we jump to any conclusion we need to verify. Again there is a lot of fake info is being poured especially on X and other social media forms. As I said I have very hard time to believe it, indeed many times IDF is so moral that’s its noxious. I know you won’t believe me but regardless I will state this fact and most Israelis will agree with me on that.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

You keep calling everyone a fundamentalist, do you call me a fundamentalist as well? 

Let me clarify.

If someone uses religion, holy books, to justify policies, actions or outlooks, then you are fundamentalist.

Also if international law is second to the laws of your holy books.

I use it here more harshly because I expect higher from this forum.

I would say you are also fundamentalist since you seem quite religious.

Fundamentalist to me is basically a very religious person, not necessarily a bad person.

Depends how they apply it.

But if you would prioritize the Torah rules over international law then you are indeed fundamenalist.

I see Israelis do it sometimes.

Muslims too.

Goes everywhere.

Edited by Karmadhi

15 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

@Raze I see your post but again this incident has to be investigated and proved. I am very familiar with IDF and they have not used this tactics before so before we jump to any conclusion we need to verify. Again there is a lot of fake info is being poured especially on X and other social media forms. As I said I have very hard time to believe it, indeed many times IDF is so moral that’s its noxious. I know you won’t believe me but regardless I will state this fact and most Israelis will agree with me on that.

What about this video then?

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/palestinian-says-israeli-soldiers-used-him-human-shield-west-bank-2024-01-16/

Posted (edited)

Live protests for Palestine, anti-DNC protests:

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

A big issue in conflicts is when both groups judge their own side by their best, while being ignorant of their worst. It’s one thing to ignore the worst parts of your society, it’s another to acknowledge them. But it’s a whole other to actually justify, defend and protest the most depraved aspects of your society - even if those who do so are few in number. The fact that they feel emboldened enough to be able to do so indicates the Overton shift towards radicalism.

The table of world opinion has turned so swiftly that we have influencers heads in America (Israel’s greatest ally) discussing their support for Israel and the history of their relationship.

Who would’ve thought:

Edited by zazen

Screenshot_20240821-183334_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240821-183349_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240821-171415_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240821-170930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240821-170648_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240821-183203_Chrome.jpg

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Israel-Hamas war latest: Israeli strikes kill at least 16 in Gaza, Palestinian officials say

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-latest-22-august-2024-1755ee16f7d64fb579a78c95c631f103

The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital received the bodies, including the remains of a woman and three children, after strikes overnight and into Thursday. An Associated Press reporter at the hospital counted the bodies.

A man held the body of a child wrapped in a white shroud as a woman next to him wept, saying: “My love, my soul.”

@Anton Rogachevski LOL.

That is like taking a few hardline Ben Gvir supporters and framing it as if the whole Israeli society is like that.

I can easily find people just as radical as these ones from Israeli side.

There are radical lunatics in every society, especially polarized ones.

This clip is a very bad attempt at propaganda.

Seek a higher standard at this forum.

Posted (edited)

Do you guys think this will be a full blown war in the middle east?

Edited by Ayham

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

On 8/21/2024 at 1:08 AM, zazen said:

Dan is so on-point, but he's still voting for Trump.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

@Anton Rogachevski LOL.

That is like taking a few hardline Ben Gvir supporters and framing it as if the whole Israeli society is like that.

I can easily find people just as radical as these ones from Israeli side.

There are radical lunatics in every society, especially polarized ones.

This clip is a very bad attempt at propaganda.

Seek a higher standard at this forum.

The data unfortunately shows that most of them support hamas and the 7.10 attacks full heartedly.

As shameful as B.G is, he is a response to this, and not the other way around.