Raze

Israel / Palestine News Thread

4,259 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

I think that the world should dis own Israel and leave them alone against the Arabs unless they start respecting international laws.

That would be so beautiful

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

An interesting tweet of a knesset member from the Israeli "Democrats" opposition party, Efrat Rayten (translated from hebrew)

Screenshot_20240720-085305_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

That’s fine and I was not arguing with you on that, I get it there can be different ideologies, but what bothering me and especially since you posted Meirav Cohen, I know those characters, they beat their chest and say that they would be successful in ending this conflict and make the country a better place, but in reality they are just balloons filed with hot air. They have no other alternatives, they have no sets or goals how to win this war

I understand. Yes its easier to say than to act upon it. Anyway my motivation is to show what is really going on in Israel's brain, regardless of what the body, controlled right now by the tail, decides to do.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Thinking independently about the spiral stages themselves is important for going through them in an organic, efficient way. If you stick to an external idea about how a stage should be you lose touch with its real self customized process trying to happen inside you.

The two of us are humanitarian surgeons. Together, in our combined 57 years of volunteering, we’ve worked on more than 40 surgical missions in developing countries on four continents. We’re used to working in disaster and war zones, of being on intimate terms with death and carnage and despair.

None of that prepared us for what we saw in Gaza this spring.

Hard to read article, but very recommendable. International aid workers share what they have lived and seen in Gaza. Link below:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/07/19/gaza-hospitals-surgeons-00167697

Posted (edited)

ICJ ruling doesn't affect Israel at all since onbody is there to enforce it.

But illegal settlers will face consequences for their actions. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

Tel Aviv's first deadly Houthi drone attack is pivotal as Israeli casualties in central Israel are unprecedented.

Why does Israel escalate when counterstrikes are certain? It's not pragmatism, it's pathology.

Some states build their identity on perceived supremacy. When faced with a counterforce that challenges that supremacy they don't seek peace - they instead try to prove their dominance and supremacy as it's existential to their core identity.

New technologies, guerrilla tactics and geographical advantages have levelled the playing field. Smaller actors like the Houthis can now challenge vastly superior economic and military powers. Yemen's resilience against US/Western intervention proves this. It’s like Dune - desert nomads challenging the mighty houses.

Israel's stuck in a loop of its own creation. Militarily superior, but tactically out smarted - yet their ideology won’t allow them to admit it. They'll keep escalating, chasing an impossible dream of total supremacy.

This isn't unique to Israel. The US shows similar behavior against Russia, Iran, and China. The West is caught in this spiral.

There's no brake on this psychosis except the weight of reality checking in to say “you aren’t as superior as you thought you were, and this doesn’t give the right to dominate over a people”.

If the West / Israel keeping acting out reflexively as if they are the powers they think they are, the way they used to be - they will drive themselves towards isolation, irrelevance or destruction, all to affirm a deranged fantasy of eternal dominance.

Posted (edited)

@zazen You may be surprised but there is enough critisism in the exact issue you talk about from INSIDE israel and by Israelis, some of them are ex seniors in IDF. One noticeable example of that kind of critisism comes from Itzhak Brik.

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

Edited by Raze

Head of Opposition, Yair Lapid.

Screenshot_20240720-193003_Chrome.jpg

@Nivsch Why dont they protest also for all the bad things happening in Gaza? Or is their sympathy only for the hostages?

How about they also protesting about the boy with down syndrome who was killed by dogs while in his home?

Where are the protests about that?

They seem as morally developed as Gazans to be frank.

Only care about their own.

The rest can be wiped out, who cares.

Sad.

Posted (edited)

@Karmadhi If your family and friends were taken hostages with a gun to their head you wouldn't think about anything but them. The loss of humaneness in this forum when it comes to Israel is frightening.

Edited by Nivsch

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-07/ty-article-magazine/.premium/idf-ordered-hannibal-directive-on-october-7-to-prevent-hamas-taking-soldiers-captive/00000190-89a2-d776-a3b1-fdbe45520000

Most of the murders that occurred on oct 7 may be done by the IDF than hamas. Hamas did some horrible murders. No question about it.

But if IDF used Hannibal directive to avoid the hostage crisis, then it only makes hamas look less of a villian than initially portrayed. 

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20240720-213102_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240720-232552_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240720-232555_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

Posted (edited)

On 7/20/2024 at 5:14 AM, zazen said:

Tel Aviv's first deadly Houthi drone attack is pivotal as Israeli casualties in central Israel are unprecedented.

This is what happens when you act like monsters. 

Edited by BlessedLion

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

On 7/20/2024 at 0:33 PM, Nivsch said:

Edited by BlessedLion

Lions Heart YouTube

I’m so sick of this narrative around the hostages (clearly fueled by Israel)

What about the 10s of thousands of innocent children’s being tortured, starved, bombed and amputated? Pigs…

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Screw the hostages 

Come on. I understand the sentiment, but saying these kinds of things only help to cement their close mindedness and heavy bias.

Edited by Vibes

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Nivsch said:

If your family and friends were taken hostages with a gun to their head you wouldn't think about anything but them

Of course. I am not saying why their friends and relatives protest. I am talking about society at large. 

20 hours ago, Nivsch said:

The loss of humaneness in this forum when it comes to Israel is frightening.

It goes both ways. Issue is that I blame Israel for the hostages as much because they could have ended it a long time ago. Just end the war, leave Gaza and they will be released. Also, I seen footage of the released ones and they all seem relatively in good shape. I am sure they will be released in the long run. Their biggest threat is Israel bombing them or shooting them by mistake. Hamas will not kill them. If they wanted to, all of them would be dead a long time ago. 

I think protesting for their release is the right thing, but would be nice if people also mentioned that Gazans are suffering too.

Truth is that the Israeli government wants land and to kill Hamas more than they want the hostages to be free.

They prefer to kill 300 innocent Palestinians to free 3 of them, instead of just ending the war to get all of them.

That is the issue here.

Hamas is already quite weakened. They just want to kill their top leadership and do not care about concequences.

What Israel does not understand, is that the vaccum will be filled by other people.

It is like putting a drug lord to jail, one of his subordinates or rivals will fill his place.

As long as there is demand.

And the demand has been hugely increased with all the 40.000 people killed in Gaza.

Tons of people will want to join now.

This war is a total failure.

But that is what happens when half of the government are fascists.

A more moderate government would have ended this war months ago.

Edited by Karmadhi